[GS] Does the target Civilization get any benefit from Send Aid?

Midgardsormr

Warlord
I had a disaster emergency, and several of my allies worked the Send Aid project, but I couldn't tell if I was getting any benefit from it. Other than generating score, does it actually do anything?

As far as we know, no, it doesn't. But at least the gifts of gold are real. That said, the rewards aren't really worth giving the AI victory points and favor.

I had a disaster emergency, and several of my allies worked the Send Aid project, but I couldn't tell if I was getting any benefit from it. Other than generating score, does it actually do anything?

Yes. You get gold. A tiny amount. That's it.

Literally “hopes an prayers”.

Literally a tiny bit of gold. It should have a minimum limit, come to think of it. Say, the minimum should be a builder. Or better yet, that you can click on what you give them, and then it pops up in their affected city. That would be brilliant.

Literally a tiny bit of gold. It should have a minimum limit, come to think of it. Say, the minimum should be a builder. Or better yet, that you can click on what you give them, and then it pops up in their affected city. That would be brilliant.
The unit gifting mechanism from Civ 5 just vanished into nothingness...

Read somewhere else that the project grants the victim 50 gold. Oh well.... my only aid encounter was as Mansa Musa. Threw 2000 gold at Alex’s face and continued to do my own stuff.

As Mansa Musa I gifted my long-time ally Maori 40k gold when they got hit by a hurricane. Was very disappointed to see them invade my city-state with their shiny new army right after!

"Someone", not me, proposed to send me aid after a disaster. I voted 'no', in part because 1) I had already repaired the damage and 2) didn't want to give the AI a chance to earn a diplomatic victory point. The AI, instead of taking the opportunity to earn a 'free' diplomatic victory point, voted it down.

I haven't yet seen the AI get any closer than 5 diplomacy points, even on the game that went over 400 turns, so I'm not terribly worried about giving them benefits from the emergency.

If its to reflect real life the donor should promise 2000 gold, actually spend 200, and the recipient get 20, the rest disappearing in bureaucracy and corruption.

Since at least two of the civs that sent me gifts were simultaneously stealing from me with spies, I think that's pretty much exactly what happened! :lol:

the "aid request" score goes up by 1 for every gold u donate. completing the 'send aid' project ups your score by 50
~~quick maths~~
anyways, i dont think is worth the time to complete the project, since the reward is so tiny. u can instead , lets say , do the commercial hub project and donate the gold u get from there, achieving a better aid score.
~Each time it is completed, it yields Gold equal to 30% of the Production invested in it and Great Merchant points.~

the "aid request" score goes up by 1 for every gold u donate. completing the 'send aid' project ups your score by 50
~~quick maths~~
anyways, i dont think is worth the time to complete the project, since the reward is so tiny. u can instead , lets say , do the commercial hub project and donate the gold u get from there, achieving a better aid score.
~Each time it is completed, it yields Gold equal to 30% of the Production invested in it and Great Merchant points.~

Do you know, how the cost of the "Send Aid" project is determined? In my current game as Canada (Deity, Epic, Large, Continents), I had chance to take part in two Aid emergencies, and after seeing double figures for the project completion time (my cities production could be better, true) I decided that just gifting gold is much better.

I've won each of them by only gifting 260 and 300 gold respectively, donating on the penultimate and the last turns to be more certain of the amounts needed. The funny part is that the gold I gifted to the targets was that which I received from them for the sales of my strategic resources, as they were affluent enough to pay for them during the emergency turns. Canada does not need army anyway and those strats would've been wasted. 2 DV points + 300 DF + net gold profit from the trade with the "victims" of the disasters while me appearing as the most generous "donor". What a tangled web of deceit!

This system now is just another exploit, especially with plain gold gifting. The scoring must be reviewed and points only afforded for the dedicated projects, or if you give gold, 1 gold shouldn't be equal 1 point, you should be donating at least certain minimum amounts for a few turns in a row or smth.

Do you know, how the cost of the "Send Aid" project is determined? In my current game as Canada (Deity, Epic, Large, Continents), I had chance to take part in two Aid emergencies, and after seeing double figures for the project completion time (my cities production could be better, true) I decided that just gifting gold is much better.

I've won each of them by only gifting 260 and 300 gold respectively, donating on the penultimate and the last turns to be more certain of the amounts needed. The funny part is that the gold I gifted to the targets was that which I received from them for the sales of my strategic resources, as they were affluent enough to pay for them during the emergency turns. Canada does not need army anyway and those strats would've been wasted. 2 DV points + 300 DF + net gold profit from the trade with the "victims" of the disasters while me appearing as the most generous "donor". What a tangled web of deceit!

This system now is just another exploit, especially with plain gold gifting. The scoring must be reviewed and points only afforded for the dedicated projects, or if you give gold, 1 gold shouldn't be equal 1 point, you should be donating at least certain minimum amounts for a few turns in a row or smth.

I would rather like a "send aid/forment unrest" option. After all, "helping" the poor in history was often used to recruit an army, convert people, set yourself up as dictator, destabilize a country. Not all help was always well intended, maybe i want to use my "help" to spread my religion or to gain loyalty in their cities.

The AI ended up giving me around 5000 gold last emergency I had.

I want your AI. :)

I always get like 7 flat gold and 1 gold per turn from the AI. This is on epic speed usually. I'm assuming these are from the aid project they are running since I get several of them from the same leader. It's not much, but I won't turn down free gold. I can care less about the diplomatic victory point, they aren't winning a dv over me.

Do you know, how the cost of the "Send Aid" project is determined?

not really sorry . all i know is that is not worth it :D

well, not all afford to donate the gold, or spare that production so some diversity is ok, actually some more would be better. since probably in the emergency population was lost, maybe be able to donate food to increase city growth. "giving" amenities (even culture or science) some way might be viable too imho but will require more mechanics to be introduced to the game, like unhapines from the consequences of the national disaster. And ofcourse balancing all these to make it fair for either approach might be a pain in the ass, specially when the only 2 options available atm are not balanced.

ps. how come everyone plays on deity? i will give it a shot soon

Top Bottom