Domestic issues 1100 AD

Domestic issues 1100 AD

• A1. Found cities C1 to C4 roughly according to plan (recommended)

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • A2. Arrange the cities differently (please specify how)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • B1. Found C2 on the forest northwest of the settler (recommended)

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • B2. Found C2 on the hill W of the settler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C1. Clear forest before founding C2 (recommended)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • C2. Found C2 now without clearing the forest

• D1. Make rush buying units in the new cities a very high priority (recommended)

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • D2. Take a risk by not rush buying units in new cities

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • E1. Add "Electrical" and "Superstorms" to the list of city names

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • E2. Are you crazy ?! These names SUCK !!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F1. Build fortress for elephant near Ipec

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • F2. Move elephant to Ipec when it starts causeing unhappiness problems

• Total voters

TheViking

The world is not enough
The tax rate for the next several turns is to be decided in conjunction with a science plan (see this thread) and this plan also requires that we continue building caravans in most of our cities so this is a relatively short poll. It concerns our colonies, whether we should found cities more or less as we had decided (see maps in this thread). We should change C2's location slightly in response to better geographic knowledge. The poll also asks whether to rush buy a unit in ASAP in the new cities, especially those in Woodstock (I'll now start using these province names even though they are not official yet). This is strongly recommended because these cities are in hostile territory, we must be able to expel diplomats etc. The unit should be a horseman, crusader, phalanx or warrior, depending on $$ (preferably crusader).

Also the city names "Electrical" and "Superstorms" popped up as a joke in a discussion thread and I immediately liked them :D. So I'm also asking whether to add these names to our list of city names we will use (the previous city name poll can be found here).

Finally, to get rid of unhappiness in democracy we should do something about the elephant near Ipec, either move it to Ipec or build a fortress. Building a fortress looks to me like the better option since the current location of the elephant is very central.

Only vote for C1 or C2 if you vore for B1.

A, E) C1 and C4 are fine. Actually the fact that they are close to each other and on the same "latitute" makes them good candidates to be named "Electrical" and "Superstorms" so that the names read across the map nicely.

B, C) I don't like building on the forest OR the hill for C2. Both of those sites are still only one special sites so you're better off just going to the plains on the other side of the forest and saving the 10 turns you would have spent chopping down the trees. The other potential site is the end of the peninsula, SW of the hill. This could be a 2 special site with one of the specials 2 squares out to sea (we can't use it until a boat comes through). I would move the settler West onto the hill, see if the end of the peninsula is either plains or grass - If it is, settle there, if not, go north to the plains between the forest and buffalo.

D) The Science ministry does not think we should rush buy the units until the camels are mostly complete in Coresux. The Jayneland ones should be fairly safe, while the Woodstock ones can be defended by the Trireme and diplomat so they do not remain completely empty until something does get built.

(Also, I wouldn't build a phalanx. If someone does decide to pick on us, a 2 defense unit with no terrain or vet status won't hold up anyway. Build units that can attack, preferably on 4 legs)

F) fortress sounds appropriate.

One reason I wanted a unit in the Woodstock cities (the Jayneland ones should be safer) is that Aztec diplomats have been spotted in the area. The trireme can expel them but IIRC a diplomat cannot expel an enemy diplomat (and we might not have the cash to bribe) so as a minumum we might need a unit there. And I agree that we should build a four legged unit, as I mentioned previously I'd prefer crusaders.

Hmmm... building C2 on the plains NW of the forest square or on the end of the peninsula makes a lot of sense, I've changed my mind here.

I haven't checked the map, but I probably agree with you on C2.

How about making one HM priority for the two new cities in Woodstock? Maybe we should keep the dip there too, and start building two warriors for defense, but RB a HM to protect from dips.

Yes, a horseman is a good idea for the eastern Woodstock city (Superstorms ?), the western one (Electrical ?) can use the trireme to expel diplomats. Actually I'd prefer a crusader to a horseman but I'm not sure we can afford that at the moment. The other three new cities could build warriors (these will get upgraded to musketeers in the not too distant future thanks to Leo).

Top Bottom