Domestic issues 1752 AD

Domestic issues 1752 AD

• A1. Switch to democracy when no Coresux city has more than one MODALTSIR improvement left to build (

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • A2. Stay in fundamentalism for a longer time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B1. Rush improvements in Coresux so that 5 turns from now no city has more than one MODALTSIR improv

• B2. Not so fast, use our cash differently (please specify)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • C. Immediately start celebrations if/when we switch to democracy in as many size 3+ cities as possib

• D1. If we celebrate, rush buy colosseums as needed in the big cities to keep celebrating

• D2. Colosseums are too expensive, I don't want them

• E1. If we celebrate, emphasize growth in size 12+ cities (recommended)

• E2. If we celebrate, emphasize growth small cities

• F1. For Hell follow the plan outlined in the Hell status report

• F2. That plan sucks, do something else (please specify)

• G1. For Woodstock follow the plan outlined in the Woodstock status report

• G2. That plan sucks, do something else (please specify)

• H1. For Jayneland follow the plan outlined in the Jayneland status report

• H2. That plan sucks, do something else (please specify)

• I1. For Africa follow the plan outlined in the Africa status report

• I2. That plan sucks, do something else (please specify)

• J1. For Barbaria follow the plan outlined in the Barbaria status report

• J2. That plan sucks, do something else (please specify)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • K. Allow the president to adjust the province plans based on discussion (recommended)

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters

TheViking

The world is not enough
Previously the Ministry of Domestic Affairs (MoDA) posted status reports for all of our provinces:

Coresux status report
Hell status report
Woodstock status report
Jayneland status report
Africa status report
Barbaria status report

This poll seeks to determine whether to follow what these status reports outlined. There is an option (K) to allow some flexibility, in particular GaryNemo posted comments some of which make a lot of sense. However, I was too lazy to repost the plans so I added option K to this poll instead :D.

Coresux is special in that the cities there are well developed (exception: Mount Leo). This also applies to a few cities in our colonies (Fort Jayne, Blenheim Palace and Berlin Barbfarm). I recommend we make it a primary goal to grow these cities when we celebrate, we can grow the smaller, less developed cities later when they have better infrastructure. Options E1/E2 are there to check the opinion of our citizens on this issue.

The MoDA also recommends that we do not stockpile large amounts of cash but instead rush development of our cities, especially in Coresux.

The MODALTSIR improvements mentioned in the poll are temple, marketplace, library, aqueduct, bank, stock exchange, sewer system, courthouse and supermarket. The MoDA recommends rush building colosseums in the big cities when needed to continue celebrations.

Shortly after the celebrations end we will restart science.

EDIT: Fixed reference to option K in the poll

I voted for everything, since the plans are very fine. A1 B1 C D1 E1 etc and K, President's discretion.

And I wish to comment. Why wait to enter Democracy? Depending on the Democ Lux% 30% or 40%, a Market can be better than a Temple. It is not necessary to complete all of the improvements before starting the Celebration. A Colosseum is only needed when the city is Very Large. If we stop building Libraries and build Vans instead, we will have more gold and more beakers, and we can IPRB a Library to reduce the time to any other improvement. Science can be concurrent with Celebration. IPRB can be more efficient than RB.

We're waiting to return to Democracy so that we can finish out our current wars without Senate fiddling with our decisions.

I agreed to everything in the poll, but I wonder how bad democracy really would be? We have J.S. Cathedral, so most cities would be able to support at least one. We are not too far away from industry and WS, and we could have the vans ready for that. This would mean we probably could start celebrations before Aztecs and French are out of the game if we also consider support and unhappiness in the war plans. If we've started the war, we probably could avoid the senate or work around them.

What about a channel between Athens and Sparta, or Knossos, Delphi and Corinth?

Maybe the wrong thread, but I just saw that the French have 3 more cities than shown on the map, Rouen, Marseille and Chartres.:( Any idea where they might be? I'd suggest the island north of Tours for 1 or two cities tops, but probably they are on the big empty space north of Hell.

Originally posted by funxus
What about a channel between Athens and Sparta, or Knossos, Delphi and Corinth?
A very good idea. Strategically, Knossos/Delphi/Corinth is probably slightly better but Athens/Sparta is better in that it is within the city radius of only one city.

Production in the Hell cities must be checked (actually this applies to most of our new cities and maybe the old ones as well), for example Pharsalos can produce more food by working the wheat special instead of plains.

Just because it's in the radius of more than one city doesn't mean that we lose more land. If we build the city on the desert (which isn't likely to be used) and let it use an ocean square it will be kept at size one.

Thinking some more about it, I don't know if it's worth it though? War ships won't help us very much against the Chinese from that side anyway. When attacking the French, we might as well get them around the continent. A rail network would give the same effect, and have other positive effects. Maybe it's better to get a channel NE of Eretria so that we could ship units towards the Chinese West coast. If nobody gives a good reason to not build it, or to where we should build it, maybe we should poll for it?

Voted against the plans for Barbaria, Berlin Barbfarm can be bring us an enourmous income once it has traderoutes.

Over all I would say we should build more vans, many of our city's lack traderoutes and tax/lux improvements.
With all the monay we have we can afford to rushbuy some things before going into Demo.

The Mined Hill channel, 3 NE of Eretria, looks better and more useful to me than the other spots. It seems to make no difference that Athens and Corinth are on the lake, essentially landlocked. Why poll?

And more Vans and trade routes, plus the gold and beakers for deliveries, yes. City Routes make it easier to Celebrate.

Now that we're in fundy our cities don't produce much trade, and we are not allowed to rehome in the cities that have good trade. If we stay in fundy for 5 more turns we therefore probably should try to build trade caravans in the cities that celebrate and have good trade. LP and LC have good trade and their commodities could be shipped to Aztecs and Indians or to Jayneland or Hell. VM, BS and Igl could also be used before we return to demo. Or should we prepare caravans so that they are ready to be delivered when we're back in demo?

Most of the cities we are planning to celebrate have 3 routes, it's the smaller cities that needs them. Some of the Jayneland cities have commodities demanded by Dou and other big Core cities. Same goes for Africa and Hell. Maybe we should get at least one caravan from each of these cities as soon as possible back to Dou, or to another city if it's demanded there?

Hmmm... yes, squeezing some caravans into the build queues of some of the smaller cities that have no trade routes is a good idea, unless they have food/unhappiness probles in which case harbor/temple are more important (cities without temples could become a problem in democracy unless they are very small).

We shouldn't deliver any caravans from the big Coresux cities until we are a democracy and ready to restart science. When we do we will start flooding the AI civs with Coresux caravans, enabling us to discover an average of more than one tech per turn over a period of 10-15 turns. So we should start stockpiling caravans in Coresux ASAP, starting with the cities that have finished the MODALTSIR improvements. I'd like to have 20-40 vans ready when we restart science. Food caravans are useful too since we will build lots of wonders over a short period of time (WS, HD, CfC, UN). During this period taxes will be close to 0% (we'll get lots of $$ from caravans deliveries).

When we become a democracy we could also hire a few scientists in Dou but keep science at 0% while celebrating. This would enable us to get as close as possible to discovering Industrialization without actually discovering it until the moment we restart science (this means care must be taken if we deliver caravans from our small cities to Coresux so we do not accidentally discover Industrialization until we are ready to do so).

We dont have to switch to Demo to gain Demo trade, I checked and with 30% lux our big city's will also celebrate, giving us the extra arrow per worker.

What I dont understand is why we should turn science back on AND deliver vans. Its usualy much more economical to set science to 10% and gain new techs by delivering vans.
We could do a tech a turn easy while in Fundi.

Top Bottom