Status
Not open for further replies.
Version 3.8.1 released. Link in OP has been updated.

Changelog:
Code:
- Simplified a portion of the City-State quest probability system and made it customizable
    Probabilities are approximately the same, mostly a database cleanup
    Each quest now has a separate set of probability defines: the base probability plus another one for each possible trait or personality which can be used to add or subtract probability for that quest
- Improved new Spy Points display
- Border growth tile picker now factors in extra yields from policies, beliefs, etc. that would be gained upon claiming the tile
- New find city quest now excludes major civ capitals (too easy to fulfill via Accept Embassy)
- Fixed another multiplayer desync and improved logging for further desync debugging
- Fixed target city name not being displayed for several City-State quests
- Fixed Venetian puppets not being able to gain Happiness like normal cities as advertised
- Fixed sanctions cancelling Peace Treaty deals
- Fixed bug with Discover Area quest triggering and completing incorrectly
- Fixed some issues with City-State quests interacting with advanced game options
- Fixed the option to enable achievements not working
- Fixed the free tiles Ancient Ruin being awarded to America and Russia
- Fixed the Conquistador being immune to the unhappiness and war weariness cost penalties that other Settler units have (REVERTED in 3.8.2)
- Fixed a bug with the Victory Progress UI for Domination Victory
- Added a promotion icon for Organization's faster worker promotion
- Text fixes
- Database cleanups

Online as of 8:24 AM CST. Savegame compatible with 3.8 versions.

Last edited:
Does "Steppe nomads" stack with logistics? I would assume no but they seem to be separate promos.
3 attack skirmishers sounds a bit op.
It does. It’s not as OP as you think.

Logistics gives a 3rd attack and -30% on each of them. The RCS hit is effectively -30%, three times instead of 2 times, which increases the total malus to damage output from -60% to -90% (offset by the +100% output of an extra attack). 3 attacks consumes 3 moves, so you’re trading a move for 10% more damage and more XP. Generally not a good trade.

Fixed the Conquistador being immune to the unhappiness and war weariness cost penalties that other Settler units have
Conquistadors aren’t settler units, they are an explorer unit that can found cities. They have a recon and combat roll outside their unique ability and this punishes them for that.

Not a good change.

It does. It’s not as OP as you think.

Logistics gives a 3rd attack and -30% on each of them. The RCS hit is effectively -30%, three times instead of 2 times, which increases the total malus to damage output from -60% to -90% (offset by the +100% output of an extra attack). 3 attacks consumes 3 moves, so you’re trading a move for 10% more damage and more XP. Generally not a good trade.
This is…not how damage works in civ 5. -30% cs does not mean -30% damage. I’ll try to show some damage numbers to show the actual impact.

This is…not how damage works in civ 5. -30% cs does not mean -30% damage. I’ll try to show some damage numbers to show the actual impact.
You mathed it out once before when discussing logistics skirmishers. My explanation is an oversimplification that doesn’t factor in the impact of other promotion, but gets the point across. The RCS penalty almost erases the increase in damage output from a 3rd attack.

Never built any Horse Archers until CS had quests for them, when I bought them out direct or built them.
That's a pretty bad review of the Horse Archer as a unit if you never bothered to use them.

Is this intentional or an oversight?
The Iroquois Prowler is not part of main VP, but of 4UC, so a modmod. Also, it is intentional : Indirect Fire is a promotion that is kept upon upgrade.

Last edited:
Version 3.8.1 released. Link in OP has been updated.

Changelog:
Code:
- Simplified a portion of the City-State quest probability system and made it customizable
    Probabilities are approximately the same, mostly a database cleanup
    Each quest now has a separate set of probability defines: the base probability plus another one for each possible trait or personality which can be used to add or subtract probability for that quest
- Improved new Spy Points display
- Border growth tile picker now factors in extra yields from policies, beliefs, etc. that would be gained upon claiming the tile
- New find city quest now excludes major civ capitals (too easy to fulfill via Accept Embassy)
- Fixed another multiplayer desync and improved logging for further desync debugging
- Fixed target city name not being displayed for several City-State quests
- Fixed Venetian puppets not being able to gain Happiness like normal cities as advertised
- Fixed sanctions cancelling Peace Treaty deals
- Fixed bug with Discover Area quest triggering and completing incorrectly
- Fixed some issues with City-State quests interacting with advanced game options
- Fixed the option to enable achievements not working
- Fixed the free tiles Ancient Ruin being awarded to America and Russia
- Fixed the Conquistador being immune to the unhappiness and war weariness cost penalties that other Settler units have
- Fixed a bug with the Victory Progress UI for Domination Victory
- Added a promotion icon for Organization's faster worker promotion
- Text fixes
- Database cleanups

Online as of 8:24 AM CST. Savegame compatible with 3.8 versions.
Id downloaded the 3.8.1Ver, load a 3.8Ver saved game, still not displaying the city name for CS quests. Is it normal?

I'm been doing quite a number of reset. Deity is very very hard now. On the previous patch I was able to leverage bruteforce spearman and farm barbs to fund my infastructure+army. Now I can't, with bruteforce barb warrior will run away from your spearman, allowing you to focus on clearing the camps. Without bruteforce, my spearman are swamped with barb, slowing my clears significantly. I can't snowball as hard.

Previously, I was able to consistently grab roman forum; this wonder formed the core of my strategy, allowing me to get an ally status with 3-4 nearby city state (wonder give 1 ally free, the free papers allow you to buy your way to 2-3 more ally very early). Now I can't, sometimes the wonder is gone before I could even get the tech.

I'm enjoying the new challenge.

I think the AI bonus vs barbs should be change, or change how the barb AI works. On this patch, the barbs actively avoid AI units, which allow them to expand much faster than before. This result in the barb harassing my units at a disproportionate rate.

I rely a bit on barbs to slow down the AI (you can manipulate the barb spawn somewhat, so with some clever clearing routes you can get barbs to swamp AI cities).

Had to up to immortal.
Mongols, epic speed immortal pangea, T33 Stonehenge, thats about 10 turns faster than a fast stonehenge AND I could afford to purchase a worker.
Tribute as Mongolia is super strong (and I still havent managed a heavy tribute), soonish heavy skirmishers then maybe some more big tribs.

Playing as Shaka to try out tribute, I get early 300 golds from CS (epic speed). That's just that strong. Also, I get 2k gold in medieval era (for some reason, tooltip show 1k but I get 2k, probably from era scaling)

Playing as Shaka to try out tribute, I get early 300 golds from CS (epic speed). That's just that strong. Also, I get 2k gold in medieval era (for some reason, tooltip show 1k but I get 2k, probably from era scaling)
I also am getting the same thing as Shaka on epic. I can also tribute 100+ gold without units even being nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom