Status
Not open for further replies.
I also am getting the same thing as Shaka on epic. I can also tribute 100+ gold without units even being nearby.
Same here, forgot about that. Also, something strong you can do with the conquer city quest (and basically any quest) :
  • City is easy to conquer => go conquer
  • City is hard but CS is nearby => go heavy tribute
  • City is hard and CS is far => normal tribute, this cancel quest due to tribute
Then wait for another CS to give the quest, and repeat

My first heavy tribute T170 50bc, it was good early on, this is ridiculous.
Spoiler :

1692982954799.png

1692982985125.png

Same issue.

The early game was quite interesting and competitive as the Mongols. The gold quantities available from tribute aren't scaling appropriately AND something funky with the culture math. I ended the game around T150 far outpacing the other civs on Immortal.

Culture gain seems normal, don't forget that you get 25% of total tribute yields as culture from authority (up to 50% with finisher), to a total of 20%+50% = 70%, compared to 20% from other yields, that's x3,5.
Don't know for your game @BaldSamson, but in the case of @andersw this is what they get.

1693010926323.png

Watched the AI walked from Meroe to its settling location straight through 5 barbs taking no hits. The barbs just part ways and the AI just waltz over.

- A/B/C Bonus Trigger Changes:
Won War Trigger: 100% of handicap -> 200% of handicap
(New) City Conquest Trigger: 150% of handicap; only on first conquest
(New) Killed Non-Barbarian Combat Unit Trigger: 20% of handicap as Gold, 10% as Science and Culture
(New) Killed Barbarian Combat Unit Trigger: 10% of handicap as Gold, 5% as Science and Culture
(New) Researched Tech Trigger: 20% of handicap as Food, Gold, and Culture
(New) Adopted Policy Trigger: 33% of handicap as Food, Gold, and Science
Golden Age Trigger: Buffed Gold yield to 300% of handicap
World Wonder Trigger: Buffed Gold yield to 300% of handicap; now awards Culture and Science
Archaeological Dig Trigger: Now awards Food
Great Person Trigger: Now awards Food
Trade Route Trigger: Now awards Food
Era Change Trigger: REMOVED
Founding Capital Trigger: REMOVED
The new City Conquest, Barbarian, and non-Barbarian Unit trigger seems like giving every Civilization a small Authority policy and opener which is okay I guess since the aim is to buff warmongering civs more often.

However, this researched tech trigger and adopted policy trigger is kind of crazy. Researching a technology grants Culture? Adopting a policy grants Science? A free Progress opener for all civs? That is freaking insanely good.

Playing a all standard King difficulty game, at about Turn 50, just a scout nearby can get ~80 gold from a CS, and a Scout+Spearman ~250 gold. Maybe too powerful?

Playing latest patch & have noticed when I receive new units from City States, they have no XP, even if I have a barracks.

Playing a all standard King difficulty game, at about Turn 50, just a scout nearby can get ~80 gold from a CS, and a Scout+Spearman ~250 gold. Maybe too powerful?
I like playing Pangaea maps, & have noticed how easy ii is to manipulate CS to gain lots of money from them. Have recently tried using Pangaea + on a huge map with 12 civs, & despite my scouts initially mapping the whole island find myself finding between 2-5 CS in awkward places out of 24. If you start centrally it can take an age to find them, let alone abuse them. Makes game really fun.

There seems to be an error in the calculation, 20% of 1260 is 252, not 504. Someone wrote that in their game the amount of gold was twice the value in the tooltip, was that the case also here, @andersw?

But calculation errors aside, also a value of 1200 gold and 20% of that value for other yields is way too high and kinda breaks the game. As a quick fix before we can discuss it in detail next congress, what about reverting the "gold tribute is tripled" change that was recently added?

Version 3.8.2 released. Link in OP has been updated.

Changelog:
Code:
- Made religious National Wonders mutually exclusive (Byzantium can still have two founders, but not two founder NWs)
- Reverted the change to Conquistadors from 3.8.1
- Fixed a LUA bug with the new liberation tooltip change

Online as of 3:18 AM CST. Savegame compatible with 3.8 versions, although existing religious NWs won't be affected.

Last edited:
Just wonder why I will have -4 unhappiness from Illiteracy for next growth:lol:
1693039832017.png

There seems to be an error in the calculation, 20% of 1260 is 252, not 504. Someone wrote that in their game the amount of gold was twice the value in the tooltip, was that the case also here, @andersw?

But calculation errors aside, also a value of 1200 gold and 20% of that value for other yields is way too high and kinda breaks the game. As a quick fix before we can discuss it in detail next congress, what about reverting the "gold tribute is tripled" change that was recently added?
I don’t think the gold tribute by itself is the problem, maybe it does need a touch of a nerf to 2.5x instead of 3x, or some kind of floor so you can’t get 40 gold tribute wjtb your starting units, but reverting it all the way back will just put us back to lame tributes.

If there is a “real problem” it’s likely one or both of these:

1) authority tribute policy may need to be 20% culture instead of +25% (it’s a pretty large amount of culture right now).

2) mongol bonus may need to get tweaked or adjusted. This one was ultimately put in before we tuned the final tribute, so it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s too high. A simple numerical tweak may be enough tk address it

Somebody somewhere burned lots of libraries and universities?
I’m also a little curious about this. For it’s still very early and only some of them have researched Writing. And the need just drop from ~1.5 per citizens to ~0.5. What’s happening?

The median decrease in mostly two cases :
  • New cities are found ; they are thus undeveloped and reduce both the median and the average.
  • Well developed cities are captured, and lose building, pops or are razed. Median and average both diminish.

EDIT : this can be particularly true in the early game, where most cities are capital, and benefit from the palace. Once at least one city per major have been settled, the median goes from based on capital, to based on average city.

Something is definitely wrong with the AI's tile improvement logic. The AI players are not improving anything that isn't a resource. They're not building roads or farms or villages or anything.
Spoiler my current denmark game :
1693079099280.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom