Domination victory on emperor.

Play Mongolia, get keshiks, win.

No but seriously you should try out Arabia or Mongolia as their UU's can let you dominate the world in a couple eras.

Thank you for all the answer, but i got one more question. Can you recommend me any religion traits for domination victory? I suppose one with sciense and attack bonuses?

I don't care about religion if I run on AI.

First wave : 6 to 8 CB and one or two horseman.
Second : 6 to 8 XB and one or two knights.
third : 4 to 6 artilleries and knights or some stuffs with 2+ deplacements.
Last : 4 rocket and SAM.

With no forest, hills, jungle you can fall to 4 to 6 ranged units. Fast tech your UU if its a range unit.
On standard map is enough to dom all AI.

In Islands map switch land ranged unit by naval range units.

Work fine on Emperor and Immortal.

Thank you for all the answer, but i got one more question. Can you recommend me any religion traits for domination victory? I suppose one with sciense and attack bonuses?

for early domination, ignore religion altogether. Even building a shrine is a waste of hammers - you need to be focused on war.

If you are doing something a bit later like an arty rush, then a +food pantheon is really all you need to help grow faster for better science.

If you are able to get some real fpt going, like you get desert folklore or a NW, then the buy preindustrial units belief is good.

Religion only helps DV for either growth for more science, or to buy units on the right map.

Do not fall into the piety trap. Your best domination games will be full tradition or full Liberty, commerce 3 to cheaper buying, then either Order or Autocracy. Piety will substantially slow your game down unless you can get 100ish fpt going with it to buy units. In general, you will get more mileage from commerce and buying units with gold than piety and buying units with faith

Beliefs that give you happiness will generally be good choices, because happiness is an issue when you capture a lot of cities (more or less depending on how many you raze). Pagodas if available is always a good choice, Religious Centers can work well but mostly if you also take Piety (otherwise those temples are just not worth building). Ceremonial Burial if you get the opportunity to spread wide is also good.

Religious Community is good for the production, which will help you produce units faster, although this belief tends to kick in in late game rather than early. Beliefs that provide gold will also be a huge help, to help you pay unit maintenance and rush-buy units. Tithe will probably net you most gold over the duration of the game, but will give most of it late game, so if you want an early-game input, Initiation Rites might be a better pick. If you get the opportunity to spread religion wide, Initiation Rites can give you a pretty massive gold-input in classical era, which will help you rush-buy units for an early expansion.

Finally, choices like God of War and Just War are obviously intended for a warmongering civ, although I don't know how good these work in reality. Either way, as others have pointed out, since religious buildings lie in the opposite part of the tech tree compared to military buildings and unit, if you intend to aim for a very early military rush, focusing on religion might not be an option for you.

In BNW, Assyria can be problematic because with the early war mongering with siege towers, you may get multiple DOWs. If your placement is in the "corner" of the map, it's not a huge deal. What I don't like is being attacked on two or three fronts. When I start conquering that early it's not uncommon to get two or three civs declare war at the same time. My favorite war civ is Arabia. You get desert folklore and you'll never want for faith, and you can be peaceful until camel archers, then...run over everyone. Camel archers can't be stopped. You MIGHT have to have arties for the final civ, if there are some pinch points or mountainous terrain that slows you down. Just remember to keep two or three horsemen around to take the cities once their down to zero.

Top Bottom