DonMartyMod

Darn. I'd love to play this, but I can't get it to install!

I can download and press the 'install' button - but it won't show up in the Mod list! Tried several times now... :mad:

First of all, your MOD is absolutely great.

But that version 44, is not working at all!! Cannot install it, although i downloaded it.

Please fix it..that MOD rocks..!

Cheers from Greece

DonMarty,

Love the mod. Maybe you have already received this feedback, if so, please disregard. I've played the recent one through to about 3600 BC on Prince Level. So far I've taken over Persepolis, Berlin, and India's capital with a chieftan, two warriors, and two archers with the help of a General with the later two. Seems like the AI goes cave painting route, which leaves itself open to a rush. Don't know if you can rework it, but it'd probably be best to give a better defensive bonus or maybe access to a unit that's worthwhile when a civ chooses the cave painting route. Maybe a stone thrower or slingman and a couple cro-magnon?

Also, the tech tree needs to be better spread out so that it's obvious that Code of Laws must have Philosophy as a pre-req.

Like I said, loving everything else.

I absolutely love the mod, thanks very much!!! I am unfortunately stalled out by a roadblock: I have a prompt to select a new policy, but I have already selected every policy in the only available policy line (Tradition) and the Classical policy line is still unlocked. I am unable to do anything at all in game until I satisfy the unsatisfiable policy prompt. As of the last big patch they removed the ability to SHIFT+ENTER to force end a turn, so as far as I know there is no way around this impasse.

Additionally, as of last check, whenever I try to reload that stuck game CIV V immediately crashes.

I am unable to do anything at all in game until I satisfy the unsatisfiable policy prompt. As of the last big patch they removed the ability to SHIFT+ENTER to force end a turn, so as far as I know there is no way around this impasse.

Under "advanced options" there's an option to save policies and select them at a later date. Maybe you could try changing that mid-game and then re-load an older auto-save.

I absolutely love the mod, thanks very much!!! I am unfortunately stalled out by a roadblock: I have a prompt to select a new policy, but I have already selected every policy in the only available policy line (Tradition) and the Classical policy line is still unlocked. I am unable to do anything at all in game until I satisfy the unsatisfiable policy prompt. As of the last big patch they removed the ability to SHIFT+ENTER to force end a turn, so as far as I know there is no way around this impasse.

Additionally, as of last check, whenever I try to reload that stuck game CIV V immediately crashes.

I would like to add a way to culturaly enter the classical era. I dont know how so i will add 2 policy in Tradition branch.

A couple or more points to ponder:

Another bug I've recently found, I was able to build the Heroic Epic or Hero Epic without satisfying what it said was needed which was a barracks in every city. I don't even have one and it let me build it.

Also, limiting the building of a settler to one city was cool at first, but I can see as the game goes on that there are two civs that will have a distinct advantage over all others because they were able to get a couple cities made which were strong enough production-wise to handle making defensive units and happiness factories while the capital turned into a settler factory. These two civs did not have any direct threats so were able to explode in growth while civs that were battling for territory might have been able to get one or two satellite cities up in poorer areas and their capital was still forced to bear the brunt of defense and happiness production. So, AI still needs some tweaking to get that better balanced.

An idea about the settler only being built in one place might be that a later tech opens up the ability to produce a settler without the need for the palace. A good place to put might be the lame crop rotation tech which needs more development to make viable anyways.

I think more needs to be thought about how the tile improvements work, specifically the market. Replacing two food, or a food and a hammer with four gold is steep. Why was this changed? Another issue with tile improvements, there should be a base amount of free tile improvements, just like a civ has x amount of free military units. If a civ decides to produce more than this, then they pay the extra. Workers also need to have the ability to undo a tile improvement. And there isn't a way to "undo" an improvement, you can pillage with a military unit, but you can't undo to help with tile improvement costs, or if pillage is supposed to be the "undo", I did not see it affect my econ value when I had a unit pillage to try to save some money. Maybe a bug there?

There also needs to be a way to incorporate infoaddict's charts into the game. Played with that for a game and it was really nice, but now it doesn't work.

Also, Pyramids have been totally nerfed with the whole worker workrate change. That needs to be changed as well as the social policy that increases a workrate by 25%. Workrate? I mean longest I've seen so far is 5 turns for making a mine. I like the 5 turns deal but something more needs to be given for the production of the Pyramids and the balance of the social policy.

And since I'm at it, anyone else really missing the religion aspect of Civ4. When will that be brought in?

Sorry for the long post, but it's feedback that I hope is useful.

Don marty. I love your mods. Where can i get some of the older versions? I think i loved the .7 version the best, not too much change from the orignal game.

the reason i ask, i have a friend who is going to start playing the game and we plan to play against each other. If i use one of your newest mods there are so many changes that he will need to play for a long time until he understands all of them. If i use one of your older mods, the gameplay will be very similar to the original with only a few great changes!

thanks.

I was able to build the Heroic Epic or Hero Epic without satisfying what it said was needed which was a barracks in every city. I don't even have one and it let me build it.

I have a lot of txt to add.

Also, limiting the building of a settler to one city was cool at first, but I can see as the game goes on that there are two civs that will have a distinct advantage over all others because they were able to get a couple cities made which were strong enough production-wise to handle making defensive units and happiness factories while the capital turned into a settler factory. These two civs did not have any direct threats so were able to explode in growth while civs that were battling for territory might have been able to get one or two satellite cities up in poorer areas and their capital was still forced to bear the brunt of defense and happiness production. So, AI still needs some tweaking to get that better balanced.

An idea about the settler only being built in one place might be that a later tech opens up the ability to produce a settler without the need for the palace. A good place to put might be the lame crop rotation tech which needs more development to make viable anyways.

There is a new unit available with printing press. The colonist can be build in any town.

Workers also need to have the ability to undo a tile improvement. And there isn't a way to "undo" an improvement, you can pillage with a military unit, but you can't undo to help with tile improvement costs, or if pillage is supposed to be the "undo", I did not see it affect my econ value when I had a unit pillage to try to save some money. Maybe a bug there?

I dont know how to add the undo improvement. But i can add an improvement that give 0 bonus and cost 0 maintenance.

There also needs to be a way to incorporate infoaddict's charts into the game. Played with that for a game and it was really nice, but now it doesn't work.

Mod compatibility aren't my priority. Lots of them doesn't work since the patch.

Also, Pyramids have been totally nerfed with the whole worker workrate change. That needs to be changed as well as the social policy that increases a workrate by 25%. Workrate? I mean longest I've seen so far is 5 turns for making a mine. I like the 5 turns deal but something more needs to be given for the production of the Pyramids and the balance of the social policy.

This would be done for my next release.

And since I'm at it, anyone else really missing the religion aspect of Civ4. When will that be brought in?

Some ppl are working on that...
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=391739

Don marty. I love your mods. Where can i get some of the older versions? I think i loved the .7 version the best, not too much change from the orignal game.

the reason i ask, i have a friend who is going to start playing the game and we plan to play against each other. If i use one of your newest mods there are so many changes that he will need to play for a long time until he understands all of them. If i use one of your older mods, the gameplay will be very similar to the original with only a few great changes!

thanks.

Sorry i didn't keep nothing older than V1.27

Hi DonMarty,

Which, difficulty, speed, map size do you recommend playing your mod on?

I was just wondering if it makes any difference to the gameplay or if it's better suited to a particular setup.

Thanks!

I just started a new DonMarty game with the latest version of InfoAddict and it works fine. Make sure you download the latest version of IA (v10) for the latest patched version of Civ5 1.0.1.141.

Hi DonMarty,

Which, difficulty, speed, map size do you recommend playing your mod on?

I was just wondering if it makes any difference to the gameplay or if it's better suited to a particular setup.

Thanks!

I like prince, ancient era, epic game on large map with 20 Civ and 10 city state. Im using perfectworld map script.

But you should choose your own setting.

I love this mod, I was wondering if there was something like this and I just stumbled on your mod, I thought that maybe renaming it to something more descriptive like 10000 BC or Neolithic Era mod would get more people interested.

another thought I had was maybe if your settlers didn't start in a perfect city spot making searching for great city spot kind of like being "nomadic" for a few turns. I've always thought that would have been a nice option even in Civ Vanilla.

besides that I think this mod really awesome, just what I was looking for.

Found what I think is a bug... When I go to build a tile improvement, text says it's x cost, but when I look at my gold total after the tile improvement is built, it's lower by x + y amount. Saw this with a great engineer building a factory. Said it was going to cost 200 gold but ended up costing 360 instead. Does the text just need to be updated? Saw this happen on more than one occasion. Also, when I went to build factory, I could not build it in my capital, which is where the engineer was created. Is there a reason for this limitation? I found if I moved the engineer to within another city's border I could build the factory.

Found what I think is a bug... When I go to build a tile improvement, text says it's x cost, but when I look at my gold total after the tile improvement is built, it's lower by x + y amount. Saw this with a great engineer building a factory. Said it was going to cost 200 gold but ended up costing 360 instead. Does the text just need to be updated? Saw this happen on more than one occasion. Also, when I went to build factory, I could not build it in my capital, which is where the engineer was created. Is there a reason for this limitation? I found if I moved the engineer to within another city's border I could build the factory.

Its the build cost for standard speed.
I add text for cost reference.

Top Bottom