DonMartyMod

This is because i add a cost to build improvement.
I will add TXT in game on next update.
You can delete BuildCost.xml from my mod, or just write down the price list for now.

Build cost for V1.32 :

Road: 10 :c5gold:
Railroad 10 :c5gold:
Farm : 20 :c5gold:
Mine : 100 :c5gold:
Trading Post : 20 :c5gold:
Lumbermill : 20 :c5gold:
Camp : 10 :c5gold:
Well : 100 :c5gold:
Offshore Platform : 200 :c5gold:
Fishing Boat : 25 :c5gold:
Pasture : 20 :c5gold:
Plantation : 20 :c5gold:
Quarry : 80 :c5gold:
Fort : 100 :c5gold:
Landmark : 50 :c5gold:
Academy : 200 :c5gold:
Customs house : 200 :c5gold:
Manufactory : 200 :c5gold:
Citadel : 200 :c5gold:

Okay-that makes sense. And that's a really good idea. I'm really enjoying your mod. It certainly is my favourite (beside my own ones, of course :)). Keep up the excellent work.

First off. Love the mod. Been playing it more then any other mod. I appreciate the work you put into it. Thanks!

I tried several games with the improvement costs in and a few times I ran into a hopeless downward spiral. I was broke with only a few units and 2 or maybe 3 cities. I had negative income even after deleting all my units. I realize this is my fault. I should have planned better with buildings and such. What I did notice is that it is easy to get into a situation with no way out. You can't make money and you can't build improvements to help. The empire completely stagnates.
Brutal...but I actually thought it was kind of a cool. If that makes sense

Anyways. thought I would throw in my 2 cents.
Thanks for all the hard work on the mod!

First off. Love the mod. Been playing it more then any other mod. I appreciate the work you put into it. Thanks!

I tried several games with the improvement costs in and a few times I ran into a hopeless downward spiral. I was broke with only a few units and 2 or maybe 3 cities. I had negative income even after deleting all my units. I realize this is my fault. I should have planned better with buildings and such. What I did notice is that it is easy to get into a situation with no way out. You can't make money and you can't build improvements to help. The empire completely stagnates.
Brutal...but I actually thought it was kind of a cool. If that makes sense

Anyways. thought I would throw in my 2 cents.
Thanks for all the hard work on the mod!

Selling ressources to AI is a good way to get the extra gold you need to build some trading post.

1) What about harder barbarians by removing their warfare malus ?

Hi,

Im having a problem where any unit with a happiness effect will cause -100 happiness, e.g. 1 slave or 1 warrior(warriors still worked with v1.30 and earlier).

Otherwise an excellent mod and quite enjoying it.

-okay, so the thing with the warriors was from a different mod, but the slaves still give -100, this should be -0.5 if i got it right.

Hi, I'm having a problem with both v1.36 and v1.37,
they won't let me choose what to build in cities, the unit orders tab is also not showing.:cry:

Hi!

I just started a game with this mod...it sounds great! I'm a big fan of Valkrion's economy mod too, so was happy to see that included.

Does the AI get a big advantage in the beginning? I got to turn 50 and had 3 techs when I got the popup showing me that the other civs had 6 or 7!

I also met a civ that had archers...I guess they got that from a goody hut, but I didn't have much luck with huts because I lost my cron guys right at the beginning to barbs and then built 2 warriors along with a worker and lost one of the warriors str8 off too! Maybe I'm unlucky! I didn't have raging barbs checked, but they were pretty fierce and spawning alot!

In the beginning I guess you have to build the building that provides the 1 science point otherwise you can't research anything, yet one of the civs must have gone a different direction because they built the building/wonder that gives you a culture bonus real early!

I'll try again!:)

**Edit**
Yeah, there's a civ building that Lafaux culture wonder at turn 16 when it says it takes 30 turns to build, so even if it was Egypt with their wonder building bonus they still couldn't build it that quick. I'm just playing on prince, which I thought was supposed to be the most balanced difficulty level.

2nd game had 2 barbarian camps appear just outside my city, so didn't stand a chance with any units!

Is it supposed to be this challenging? It just seems unbalanced.

I'll try again...:)

**Edit #2**
Ok, 3rd time lucky! The beginning part is tough, but doing OK now. Great mod!!

I'm still playing the same 3rd game...I love it!

I really like how the research takes ages, so that you can stay in the same era for a long time and actually get to use the units that you build! Having huge armies is great too!

This is actually the best game of Civ 5 I've had!

I found a bug!

Courthouses aren't removing unhappiness from occupied cities and population!

Is this something I can change in an xml file somewhere because you have don't have any choice but to puppet & then annex capital cities and the unhappiness is crippling!

**Edit**
Also something weird going on with the economy. I was at war with Greece and then they offered me 27,000 gold as part of a peace treaty...how could I refuse! Just looked at other civs gold reserves and China has 70,000 gold!

With the money I got from Greece, I allied with every single CS and kinda wish I hadn't now because during every turn I get to see the little battles they're having with each other and with other civs and each turn is taking forever! Obviously that's part of the game's mechanics and nothing to do with your mod, but we really shouldn't be seeing all this gold.

I found a bug!

Courthouses aren't removing unhappiness from occupied cities and population!

Is this something I can change in an xml file somewhere because you have don't have any choice but to puppet & then annex capital cities and the unhappiness is crippling!

**Edit**
Also something weird going on with the economy. I was at war with Greece and then they offered me 27,000 gold as part of a peace treaty...how could I refuse! Just looked at other civs gold reserves and China has 70,000 gold!

With the money I got from Greece, I allied with every single CS and kinda wish I hadn't now because during every turn I get to see the little battles they're having with each other and with other civs and each turn is taking forever! Obviously that's part of the game's mechanics and nothing to do with your mod, but we really shouldn't be seeing all this gold.

i think you need to set NoOccupiedUnhapiness="1"
<Update>
<Set Happiness="2" NoOccupiedUnhappiness="0" PrereqTech="TECH_LAWS" GoldMaintenance="3" Cost="120" HurryCostModifier="25"/>
<Where Type="BUILDING_COURTHOUSE"/>
</Update>
xml/building/buildingchange.xml
I have no time to test.

For the gold i guess its the barbarian camp gold bonus i add. need to check.

setting NoOccupiedUnhappiness="2" will make courthouses reduce unhappiness due to occupation

I tried changing the code in the xml file to both 1 and then 2, but it hasn't made any difference. I'm still generating 37.52 unhappiness for my 1 annexed city's population and the city still shows the chain link symbol as if it's occupied even though the courthouse appears built in the city screen.

**Edit**
I was wondering something. I noticed info addict was missing from the economy mod, so I added the mod alongside yours because I love stats, but now I realize there are 2 ingame.xml files. Would that cause a problem? I don't see how it would affect the courthouse problem, but you never know.

I also have a clock mod enabled, but I don't think that should affect anything.

Could there be a conflict with Thal's building balance mod that's causing the courthouse to not be recognized as built?

**Edit 2**
One other thought. Would it be easy to integrate the Emigration mod because I think that would slow down some of the civs...especially China! They currently have 70k gold and they're way ahead tech wise and army wise, but they are also -50 unhappy and don't seem to be suffering any consequences. With the emigration mod they would lose population and with fewer tiles being worked, their progress would slow down.

Yeah I may have screwed up a bit! I included other mods that I didn't need to and ended up with with 2 ingame files and 2 top panel files.

I'm gonna clean up my mods folder and try another game....:)

how did you integrate the balance mod and the economy mod? is it just a strait code transfer or did you only pull parts of each? i only ask because i play with both and its a problem because valk's mod reduces build time and thal's mod increases the number of hammers and with both, things are way too fast to build. If you could go through and integrate the two so there was no functionality overlap that would be awesome.

how did you integrate the balance mod and the economy mod? is it just a strait code transfer or did you only pull parts of each? i only ask because i play with both and its a problem because valk's mod reduces build time and thal's mod increases the number of hammers and with both, things are way too fast to build. If you could go through and integrate the two so there was no functionality overlap that would be awesome.

When i integrate a mod i need to modify them to fit my mod. So that kind of problem doesn't happen.

Top Bottom