Doomed Galactic Journey (Game Thread)

"A m-m-massage? N-n-o Thank you. B-B-Breakfast w-w-w-ould be nice t-h-ough."

The modern archaeology teacher was still shaken up, it would take him a while to calm down.

Winnie gives Renata a quizzical look.

But how...

She stares back into the monitor screen.

Oh. I see. Yes, that ought to work. But what about...

She looks around the room, once again avoiding eye contact.

Hmm...

"Now, everyone, we need to calm down. If not to avoid panic, then at least to save our oxygene."

The guard only going by the name "Vanguard" looks around at them all:

"For starters, I suggest we elect a new leader. Seeing as I am used to leading and seems to be one of the few who can keep calm, I volounteer."

Ruddy hell...leaderless and in the middle of space? Got to be rebel doing, no doubt about it.

Shakes head, and walks to the barracks portion of the ship.

I've got to deduct who's doing this before too late...could be anyone, really. Never mind, I've done this before, several times. I'll find any rebels and silence them, mark my words.

Oh god! Not again, not again! But, but, i'm on my medication now, The doctor said these things wouldn't happen if i took my medication! I swear! This time it wasn't me, i couldn't have been! Stay away from me, just stay away from me!

Lucas knocks over the android as he storms out of the room.

"For starters, I suggest we elect a new leader. Seeing as I am used to leading and seems to be one of the few who can keep calm, I volounteer."[/I]

As far as I can tell, there are no vans for you to guard on this spacecraft, so I'm not sure how useful you're going to be. :mischief:

In any case, I think Renata would make a good leader - she seems a solid and dependable woman, with a good eye for those important little details.

"In case you didn't know, my name is derived from the warriors in the front of a marching army - always the first to meet the enemy head on. But I didn't expect you to know that, ofcourse. Still, I would like it if the leader was among the Imperial Guard. But it is ofcourse a democratic election, even if some of the people aboard this vessel unnerves me greatly," Vanguard replies in a tone that clearly indicates that he counts himself as the only man aboard capable of leading them.

*Rolls on the floor.* "Thank your Marius, I think I can make something filling with minimal supply use: How about Enclosed Grilled Spam stir-fryed with Ration Rice and peas with a touch of bacon grease?"

*Starts chopping the Spam muttering in delight*

"Ah, yes dear knife,you surely think that one of them can lead us? Oh? You think Renata? The one who question your irrestability under my care? Oh, you might be right here..."

*Tosses it in the air and quickly mixes the rice and peas, catching it all in a enclosable saucepan and making sure no morsel escaped. Quickly stir-fried and spun, the meal was finished.*

"Here you go Marius, SPAM, or should I say Screwed and Punished Arevillian Men, from a can, stir-fryed, and riced!"

*It smoked slightly, which was sucked up by a baster Charles Always keeps on her "Good Smoking Grease for the Meat" Grinning slighty as a few dudes started close their eyes and sniff.*

The Biologist was cloaked in mystery. Well, actually, it was mostly his big fur coat (100% organic), but also mystery. Nobody knew his real name. He insisted that he go by LightFang, or Light, or Fang, or even Lighty or Fangy if you wanted to enter the realm of the dimunitives. Of course the rest of the highly eccentric crew thought that he was bonkers, but there was no doubting that he was one of today's most brilliant scientists. You know, the proverbial fine line between insanity and madness. He stomped all over it, apologized for ruining the chalk, and drew it again in a rather haphazard fashion.

Speaking of fashion, this man was a walking disaster. His collared shirt was inside-out (
don't the buttons go on the right side? someone had noticed. How am I supposed to subvert the phallocentric paradigms? had been the response.) and his shorts (far too short in everybody's opinion except the androids, who of course had no opinions) were a garish shade of black, if that were possible, and he complimented his outfit with a pair of sandals.

Regardless, he stormed out of his room and stood imposingly, flicking his organic fur coat so that it billowed in the air. This was a hard effect to achieve without wind, so after the first two or three billowings he got tired of maintaining the effect.

A murder! There are clearly murderers afoot!

Day 1: Midturn Update
Leader Votes:
Diamondeye: Diamondeye
Winston Hughes: Renata
Charles Li: Renata

Diamondeye: 1
Renata: 2

Execution Votes:

>NullPointerException: No Execution Votes Found
>
>If no votes are placed by the deadline, two people will be randomly selected for quarantine, as per Emergency Protocol 3737.a.42.
>If the passengers of the ship desire to execute nobody, there must be a vote for nobody (null is also an acceptable vote).
>Thank you, and have a nice day.

Because he's been silent and because we need to randomly vote anyway, I'll vote Professor Abgar. If he speaks up, I'll change my completely random andpointless vote

gods be praised we are really going to through with this madness? Dawn mutters.

Commando Runner, checking in. A vote for nobody. It's to early in the game to lynch somebody. At this point, it's even to early to lynch an inactive. Renata can be leader I guess.

After reading a bit in a fantasy novel; a story about a prince and a peace conference. The teacher slowly became more relaxed and was able to think clearly.

"Renata can be the leader. As a Planetary Geologist she must know the pleasures of working on an alien world."

click-click-click-click-click
Aanya comes hustling up a corridor with a clipboard in hand. Dressed in full Vlataxian officer regala with high-heeled hard boots and wearing a long white lab coat over her uniform. The tall pale woman has her long blond locks tied tightly into a bun atop her head. She scans the gathering and makes a few notes on her clipboard.

"There is murder afoot. Most likely REBELS" she says, the word rebels coming out in a shrill ear rending tone. "Clearly our new leader must be a Vlataxian Officer. The Vanguard is obviously next in command after Captain. This should be no DISCUSSION IN THIS MATTER", the trail end of that command causing most of the humans to wince. "A repairbot as leader? I for one will never take commands from an android. Why don't you just promote the auto-nav system, maybe it will protect you as well as it protected Commander Splime."

How are we on an alien world yet? isn't the point of this to get there and to then survive? this is about surviving with as many men and women as we can until we get there and to have a strong nucleus for a base once we do. planetary geology helps us how, exactly, with a dead body and dwindling oxygen supplies?

I just want to get there and grow stuff. Leave me out of your scheming...

dear God I don't want to die here... let the military guy take charge... Vanguard

Top Bottom