Doomed Galactic Journey (Game Thread)

The Vanguard shall lead us.

How are we on an alien world yet? isn't the point of this to get there and to then survive? this is about surviving with as many men and women as we can until we get there and to have a strong nucleus for a base once we do. planetary geology helps us how, exactly, with a dead body and dwindling oxygen supplies?

I just want to get there and grow stuff. Leave me out of your scheming...

dear God I don't want to die here... let the military guy take charge... Vanguard

no, no, no, NO! we are in no way on an alien planet yet. look outside. Dumb laymen... can't even tell the difference between space and a planet. didn't they grow up on a planet? heh... fools

Lynch considerations? They already want to lynch someone? No, we have no suspicions as yet. I need more time, so no-one should die.

I disagree with lynching no one today. Or should I more properly say with threatening no one today. Let's face it; we are in a situation that requires delicate and careful handling. Those who refuse to contribute to its solution are consuming precious resources without offering anything in return. Quite simply, we cannot afford such behavior. Much as I hate to threaten a fellow scientist, I will add my voice to request that Professor Abgar speak up or risk taking a long walk out of a short airlock.

As for the ship leadership, let me be quite clear: I don't want it. Our first leader found himself minus a head; I have no means of defending myself and as such do not wish to put myself in our late Captain's position. But neither do I trust a military man with the position, particularly not one who appears so eager for it. As no one else among the scientists appears to want the position any more than I do, I will re-iterate my support for Freighter Captain Danhavi. Whether he can defend himself any better than Captain Splime I don't know, but there should be little question of his qualifications in running a ship.

Professor Abgar talk or take a walk.

Professor Abgar finally decides he should put down his physics book and find out what all commotion was about. He was suprised and quite disturbed that people were asking for his head to roll. After all he'd just been trying to freshen up on quantum chromodynamics. He shouted "I've just been a little busy, that's all! Is that good reason to kill me?". "Nobody should be killed right now! Since Renata seems to be to quick want my blood, Vanguard seems like a more reasonable choice."

Professor Abgar then returned to his physics book, nervous as he awaited his fate.

The Old Geezer, scribbling on a piece of paper 'till now, speaks up, holding the paper above his head.

"Sorry folks, but we have to make a tough decision here. According to my calculations, we'll all suffocate by sometime during the afternoon of Day Five if we don't lose a few pairs of lungs before then.

"So far, the Paranoid Android, the Janitor, and the Brewer have all been hiding in their quarters. The Janitor is an android, so he's not breathing any precious air, as far as I know, and the same goes for the Paranoid Android. So, Brewer hell_hound, I'm afraid I've got to put you forward for death, and I urge those voting for the Professor to remove their votes. Putting people in quarantine won't solve anything, unless it's running on a separate air supply.

"As to leader, I vote for Geologist Renata. A reluctant leader leads best, I've often found. Sorry, but it looks like you're getting saddled with this job."

Since renata doesn't seem to want the job, lets give it to Diamondeye.

The Old Geezer, scribbling on a piece of paper 'till now, speaks up, holding the paper above his head.

"Sorry folks, but we have to make a tough decision here. According to my calculations, we'll all suffocate by sometime during the afternoon of Day Five if we don't lose a few pairs of lungs before then.

"So far, the Paranoid Android, the Janitor, and the Brewer have all been hiding in their quarters. The Janitor is an android, so he's not breathing any precious air, as far as I know, and the same goes for the Paranoid Android. So, Brewer hell_hound, I'm afraid I've got to put you forward for death, and I urge those voting for the Professor to remove their votes. Putting people in quarantine won't solve anything, unless it's running on a separate air supply.

"As to leader, I vote for Geologist Renata. A reluctant leader leads best, I've often found. Sorry, but it looks like you're getting saddled with this job."
OOC: I know from the EPYC game that hell hound is out of town until saturday IIRC. I don't like voting against absent people who have given notice, especially this early. Splime knows too, he was the one who told me.

How do you figure? was it the body?
the astronomer looked around, and leaned in conspiratorially towards the Biologist and whispered that's what did it for me

The Biologist cocked his head inquisitively.

Ooooo?

The effect was rather like a burping donkey because of the escape of gas that had taken place as he had voiced his wordless inquiry.

It was the bodies for me too, he whispered at about 80 decibels. He then took a series of grand steps far too apart for his frame, making him look like a seasick vampire stalking a fair maiden on a boat in a storm, to the center of the ship, or as near to it as he could reasonably BS.

THE BIOLOGIST DOTH VOTE:he began in an imperious voice that was somehow able to pronounce capitals, nobody shall die this day!

Furthermore, you have all heard of the adage, "Those who who want most to lead cannot lead?" If you did, that's terrible, because I made it up. I guess that means Renata should lead.

Marius looks quizzically at the Geologist.

"Me, lead this ship?

Nah. I'm not the guy you seek to do this. My own freighter wasn't this big of a ship... well, maybe it was, but it carried cargo, not passengers. Plus - you know - it had no murderers on board.

Seeing as how you manage so far, Renata, I think you'd do much better yourself. I'm not a man for leading people, I just have a ship with a cargo load and I am its pilot."

I do not believe a soldier should be in leadership, due to the fact that they would be placed in a vunerable position. Therefore, I belive the scientest Renata should take the position of leadership.

Adjusts helmet.

No offence, Vanguard, sir.

Having spenmd the last 4 Hours repairing the damages done by the explosion (replacing lightbulbs, fixeing unhinged doors etc.) the Janitor walked into the central Conference room to find out what all the hubhub was about. Obviously the situation was grave and required actions

I vote for the Vanguard as a leader, as this is clearly a situation for experienced veterans.

I vote for nobody to die.

Vanguard grabs a dish of the whatever-food Charles has made and begins eating. Between two bites, he stops and adds a short comment: "In my opinion, wasting our oxygene on a mentally unstable person is ridiculous. Since it looks like we have to get rid of someone in order to survive, that'd be a good placce to start."

Dr. Barrow looks around the room once again, head tilited slightly forward so that her silken hair falls sensuously about her face. This time she makes a point of catching the eye of any males who happen to look up, whilst ignoring the females and androids.

Though his callous disregard for human life is somewhat disturbing, the TruckDefender does have a point. We really shouldn't have someone in Sir Lucas's condition running free around the ship at this crucial time. But quarantine, rather than summary execution, is surely the correct choice.

Vanguard catches Dr. Barrows glance before responding: "Unfortunately, the quarantined people will still drain our oxygene supplies. If you had not noticed it, milady, we do not have oxygene enough for everyone. Keeping everyone alive is killing everyone, so to speak."

(OOC:
OOC: I know from the EPYC game that hell hound is out of town until saturday IIRC. I don't like voting against absent people who have given notice, especially this early. Splime knows too, he was the one who told me.

Neither do I, and neither do I "want Abgar's blood" now that he's spoken up. So I guess it'll be Kulko. Maybe he does breathe? Heck if I know.)

(OOC:

Neither do I, and neither do I "want Abgar's blood" now that he's spoken up. So I guess it'll be Kulko. Maybe he does breathe? Heck if I know.)

Why me? I have spoken up, I do not breath and I am the only one who can repair the coffee machine, if it breaks down again.

"Unfortunately, the quarantined people will still drain our oxygene supplies. If you had not noticed it, milady, we do not have oxygene enough for everyone. Keeping everyone alive is killing everyone, so to speak."

Noticed it? I was working on that little problem whilst you were still ordering your breakfast. What else did you think Renata and I were talking about?

And, for all your tough-talk, I notice you cast your vote against someone who had not yet been accused by anyone else, thus making it less likely that anyone would be executed this evening. A little contradictory, don't you think?

Dr. Barrow turns away, shaking her head.

And this is the guy who says we should make him captain...

Top Bottom