Doughnut Files Term 7 - 9

Two things:

Firstly: As of turn 175, we are, having been SUPREME for several turns, second in population?.?.? Should we be worried?!

Secondly: I dont' understand something about the screenshot we have from peeking on Cattaraugus.
The screenie shows that the town develops "commerce 2 per tunr", but is actually realizing 3 gpt. How to reconcile this?

Am I just being daft?!

We should send the Nuts something

Draft letter.
Dear Nutters

We are delighted to have been given such a wonderfull and unexpected gift from you.

Looking though your cities was such a mouth watering delight that we just had to hold a feast in your honour ... :drool: Oh sooo many tempting morsels overseas ... and most of them full of calories ... yummm :p

If your plan was to make us hungry ... you have most certainly succeeded :mischief:

Thankyou very much for the menu :thanx:

Sincerely

Feaurius III
MIA Foreign Offices

@peter - lost civantares is right. They get 2 gpt from the taxman and 1 uncorrupted gpt from the city itself.

We are still first in citizen count by a decent margin. F8 shows us with about 50% of pop compared to the Nuts 42% (or something like that - I'm sure the exact numbers are in the Looking Glass Thread). The F11 population is weighted toward big cities - a size 12 city gives more "population" in F11 than 2 size 7 cities, for example. So, no, I don't think we need to worry.

Draft letter ... if we 'close' the Embassy this turn.
Dear Nutters

We are delighted to have been given such a wonderful and unexpected gift from you.

Looking though your cities was such a mouth watering delight that we just had to hold a feast in your honour ... :drool: Oh sooo many tempting morsels overseas ... and most of them full of calories ... yummm :p

If your plan was to make us hungry ... you have most certainly succeeded :mischief:

Thankyou very much for the menu :thanx:

However, MIA cannot support a Doughnutian Embassy as our town planning commission has already allocated all available space to residential and industry. :nono: You should have completed the relevant forms which we would gladly have made available on request. As there is no other way to close it, we have no other choice but to declare war.

This is not an act of war, as we will not attack any towns or invade your territory, as per our Treaty. If you choose to behave like we're at war, that's up to you, and we'll respond in kind.

Rest assured that MIA will continue to act in accordance with the Treaty that we both signed. See section 1.1 of that document.

Sincerely

Feaurius III
MIA Foreign Offices

Looks great Fe!

Maybe add a line like:

"The plans for demolishing your embassy have been on display in your local planning office for the past 9 months. If you can't be bothered to stop by and look from time to time… Apathetic bloody people, I've no sympathy at all."

It's a reference to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
But if you think it's too obscure – the letter is hilarious as it is!
:thumbsup:

i saw the movie and got the reference when i read it over a second time. btw, great letter. i love the way how you guys search for loopholes to make treaties you sign with the other teams pretty much moot and useless. :lol:

We Have Declared

Sent above letter to Nuts g-mail ... Pigeon Mail to Robi_D, killercane and dl123456

Title ... Eviction

Now we wait for the reply message :lol:

Should we post on UN ????

Eureka Stockade is reducing our unit costs by 2 gpt, providing 1 gpt to our treasury (wealth production), and providing 4 bpt (1 scientist and 1 uncorrupted gold going to science). It is costing us 4 gpt to support the units over there.

Overall it is a small gain, but we definitely want to abandon it before it is captured causing war weariness. It can't be captured next turn thanks to the jungle but could be captured the turn after that if units approach or if Dnuts rush a temple in one of the nearby towns. I agree that we should certainly disband the units next turn and probably abandon the town as well.

I'd wait until we see them comming ... but disbanding one unit would be cool.

:mischief: or how about having our Cavalry move to the silk supply and be on standby, with the Mace still in the city.

Then next turn ... (or when we razed the city) we also raze the road and disband ALL units.

If we move the cav to the silk, then he can be attacked, and we wouldn't necessarily see anyone coming first.

I was going to say that if Dnuts rushed a temple in one of their nearby towns, then we couldn't necessarily see them coming in time to abandon the town, but that may not be true. I think the only road in the 8 tiles surrounding our town is on the silks, and I don't think the Dnuts have a town directly next to the silks, which would mean we could see them coming because they would still have to stop in the jungle even if they push their cultural boundaries.

Unless there is a road or town that I'm forgetting about, I think we should disband at least one unit (maybe even both), but keep the town until someone actually approaches it.

EDIT - we could move the cav to the silk and pillage the road next turn regardless. That road will never do us any good again... probably should have done that this turn :wallbash:.

Interesting thing about that second peek screenie - DNUTs have only one source of Horsies. We'll have to keep that in mind for the Bombing campaign

Peace?! Without a payment?! So they can resume stealing tech from us?!

What is the protocol in MTDG PBEM's for saying Get Real!?

Let's hope a note shows up soon, or we'll be forced to ignore their offer - with extreme silence!

Here is the Note ;)

Robi D said:
To MIA,

You may wish to kid yourself that you have played this game honourably, but the simple fact is that you have not. This is just another one of your stunts.

The fact is by going to war you have broken your agreement with us. You may wish to justify yourself that you will not attack, but that is just BS. Going to war is a hostile act, whether you sent troops striaght away or not.

As to resting assured that you will continue to act in accordance with the document. Seeing as you haven't acted in accordance with it we don't feel assured by anything you say.

Robi D
Foreign Minister, Doughnutia

Political postering is so fun! :lol:

On a more cynical side though I really don't see why we care, I severly doubt we will do anything of any value diplomatically, so honor does little for us at this stage in the game, as has been said before...

If we feel in a more angry and revengefull mood we should just send them an e-mail with the single line "To quote from a famed Greek Philospher, For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" :rolleyes:

Draft of responce

To Nuts

With all due respect to your sudden feelings of self rightious indignation, I would like to point out that from the very beginings of our so called treaty, you have constantly acted as if none existed nor offered any explanation as to your own actions even when we sent numerous 'please explains'.

Your previous message which corresponded to the routing of KISS from our lands also made your intentions as clear as glass.

We are just ensuring that there is NO WAY for you to peak into our cities, monitor our population and economy ... and MOST importantly steal our technology.

We will maintain, as stated that we will NOT initiate hostilities for the duration of the piece of paper we both signed.

We also maintain that we have AND continue to play in our cunningly stunting manner ... with honour.

Therefore we reject your offer for peace !!!

Sincerely

Feaurius III
MIA Foreign Department

Top Bottom