Download issues (location and error)

IrishMike

Chieftain
I downloaded the rand_full_installer_2020_03_rev1087.exe file and run it. When it tries to download the file it chooses the location User/Documents/MyGames as the location. This does not seem right to me. It also creates a folder of BeyondTheSword, within that is MODS > Rise Of Mankind - A New Dawn. It seems like a normal mod I just put the mods into the normal Firaxis>Sid CIV > BTS > Mods folder and run it. Should I take the ROM/AND folder out of the downloaded MODS folder and place it in the normal Mods folder?

Also I get an Office Scan alert that says two things were blocked Malicious Behavior Detections and Virus/Malware.

The folder should definitely be under Beyond the Sword\Mods. I don't know why Office Scan would trigger something, but I'm not the one who created the installer. I use TortoiseSVN for uploading, so I use that for downloading as well.

Ok so I moved the ROM-AND folder from the downloaded MODS folder into the normal BTS Mods folders. I also moved all the other folders I downloaded from the MyGames location to the proper Beyond the Sword folder in the game folder. When I try to load the mod I get some errors saying it can't find certain xml files.

Fails are:
LoadXML call failed for xml\ParallelMaps_GlobalDefines.xml Current XML file is: xml\PythonCallbackDefines.xml (about 5 similar to this).
LoadXML call failed for res\Fonts\GameFont_GlobalDefines.xml Current XML file is: xml\PythonCallbackDefines.xml
LoadXML call failed for BasicInfos/CIV4ANDConceptInfos.xml

Not sure if I did something wrong or how to fix it.

The only folder you should have to move is the "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" folder.

I think you may be missing the CIV4GlobalDefinesSchema.xml file (it should be in Assets\XML) and maybe some other files as well. You can download individual files from https://svn.code.sf.net/p/anewdawn/code/Trunk/Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn/. The pages are laid out exactly the same as the folder structure. Right-click and select "Save Link As" to download the individual file.

Vokarya thank you very much for that link. It looks like I am missing a ton of folders. My Assets folder has no additional folders at all. Plenty missing. Something must have gone wrong with the install. At least now I have something to check it against. Thanks for the help.

So I tried to download this again using the downloader and I ended up with only the assets folder and it was only half full. Is there anyplace to get the rar files instead of using the installer? That seems to be the issue for me. I downloaded the most recent (2015?) version of Rise of Mankind and it worked perfectly.

Top Bottom