Download

I know there is almost nothing mentioning what he did when he was alive. I took everything I could for him from many different sources.

Ragnos was just created as a character for jedi acadamy (jedi knight III) right?

He ruled the Imperial remnant at the end. Read Legacy of the Force or look it up on wookiepedia. It is also in the Legacy of the Jedi series
Ya he did rule, but I stopped thinking of them as an extension if palatine like I did with the remnant

I'm not sure how to take this out if someone figures out please tell me

There is a cloud texture file somewhere, all you would need to do is erase everything in it

could you please elaborate on this

One of the asteroids is 2 d (like a spinning photo) and if you zoom out you can see all the asteroids without exploring that area, why not use the ff asteroids, they look fine

Could you post that in the graphics thread so I can use it?

I will soon

How do I erase it all I might be able to do is replace it. If I erase it it loads the generic. If I replace it it uploads whatever I replace it with
What do you guys think I should replace it with?

Those are the FF asteroids.

Finally, I have it! I'll install tomorrow so bugs will be hunted soon :science: haha

@ civ_editor11
Can you add a quick installation guide in the first post? I took a look in the download and is quite confusing... It works on BTS 3.19? Just copy & crash into civIV folder?

Thanks for the hard work mates :hammers::hammers::hammers:

Can you add a quick installation guide in the first post? I took a look in the download and is quite confusing... It works on BTS 3.19? Just copy & crash into civIV folder?

Unzip the file. Place the folder in star wars (its in a folder called star wars) into your program files/ firaxis games/ civ 4/ BTS/ Mods folder. Open Civ click advanced and click star wars. Play away

How do I erase it all I might be able to do is replace it. If I erase it it loads the generic. If I replace it it uploads whatever I replace it with
What do you guys think I should replace it with?

You must be missing a file, I will check it out

Are the mandalorians still being done as a civ? That alone piqued my interest in this mod.

Yep its, Jagged, well I guess. I usually draw the fine and start calling it the Fel Empire as soon as he come to power.
It's still very much the Remnant if you read as much of the FotJ as has come out so far. The imperials never call themselves that, but everyone else does.

The Fel Empire of the comics is indeed different, but that's almost 100 years later. Also, you could compare the difference to ancient Old Republic vs the prequel Old Republic. Those are considered the same civ here.

Ok. I have some strange things.

- "Single player" , "Play now!" shows all civs (that is BTS and SW).

- The game load image looks pathethic haha.

- When starting to play I went into "World builder" and planets are ok, but everything else was black, with wolves, terrain modifications and savage villages. -- I don't know if this should be like that or my version is working like it wants.

This evening I'll do a hard test.

We can't delete the other leaders or civilizatiions until TC01 finishes the diplo infos. The game would crash if we didn't get the diplo info's done right.

The menu we've been working on something that would cover most of star wars to add in and as you can tell the only image we have doesn't work all that well.

I don't really understand your third point, but heres my best guess. We're still working on the graphics and I'm going to replace the space terrain with the Blue Marble Space Terrain.

TC01 how are you doing with the diploinfos. Like I said earlier we can't kick the generic BTS civs out until we have the diplo infos done.

It's still very much the Remnant if you read as much of the FotJ as has come out so far. The imperials never call themselves that, but everyone else does.

Actually, in Fate of the Jedi the Imperial Remnant has reclaimed its title as the Empire. In the very first (or maybe second) book it makes a point about this (although rather small).

Fel was indeed NOT part of the Remnant- he was the beginning of the new Empire.

I don't really understand your third point, but heres my best guess. We're still working on the graphics and I'm going to replace the space terrain with the Blue Marble Space Terrain.

I'll break my english limits...

I wasn't talking about the background. I saw a wolf running in the space, BTS terrain bonifications (marble, gold, bananas, etc) and some barbarians mini-towns standing in the space.

Sadly, those are probably not errors. SW buildings and units have not yet been added.

The mod is really in pre-alpha stage- it's not intended to be played at all, really. We need bug-testers, though- but bear in mind that many things have not yet been added.

Ok, I didn't know it. I'll pay attention to what is suposed to work.

Yup, only give feedback on the parts of the mod that have been added

BTW here are the blue marble ff space terrain textures.

Inform me when you have them because they are kinda large

Attachments

• ff space.7z
    1.7 MB · Views: 201
I've downloaded them thanks.

Well I'm glad this mod is getting some new life. I do have to ask though: Why not start out with the Final Frontier mod as a base? It would make the maps look a LOT better. Planets would then replace Star Systems, and Moons would replace Planets.

The only reason I see against doing this is that Star Systems (which like I said, would be replaced by planets) are only a single tile, which brings less use for ground units. Just make sure that ground troops are required to invade enemy planets (also will need space transport units for ground units, or just allow Capital Ships to transport ground units) and that ALL ground units can be able to attack planets from the transports they're in.

Units:
Tie Fighter
Tie bomber
Tie avenger
Tie defender (Imperial remnant replaces tie avenger)
Tie interceptor (Empire replaces tie avenger)
Death Star
A-Wing
E-Wing
X-Wing (Rebel Alliance, New Republic replaces Z-95)
Y-Wing
B-Wing
Z-95
Sith Assasin
Jedi Master
Jedi Knight
Wookie
I did a search on Star Wars unit graphics. You're missing quite a few:

AT-ST
AT-AT
Bespin Cloud Car
Clone Trooper (supposedly Civmansam has the model, PM him and ask him for it)
Darth Vader
Landspeeder
Laser Cannon
Sandcrawler
Sith (I'm fairly sure you all are using the Jedi model from this link, but not the Sith; use the Sith model for a Sith Warrior, the Sith equivalent to the Jedi Knight ;))
Speeder Bike (will require a unit modeled on)
Tie Raptor

I personally wanted star systems, but no one listened to me.... the argument was that there should be more ground battles. Then I said, make some scenarios focusing on the ground battles, and people agreed, but still wanted ground battles.

If you dump solar systems, though, then the entire thing would be dumped as well. Moons would not exist, as the solar system code is way too complicated to use in a case where there's not good justification to do so. And there isn't, really: you are proposing a system where production, food, and commerce, as well as population, is distributed to the moons to do work, leaving the home planet abandoned.

I personally wanted star systems, but no one listened to me.... the argument was that there should be more ground battles. Then I said, make some scenarios focusing on the ground battles, and people agreed, but still wanted ground battles.

If you dump solar systems, though, then the entire thing would be dumped as well. Moons would not exist, as the solar system code is way too complicated to use in a case where there's not good justification to do so. And there isn't, really: you are proposing a system where production, food, and commerce, as well as population, is distributed to the moons to do work, leaving the home planet abandoned.

I like solar systems, just dump the dotted lines. They would also need a bit of graphics work to look star wars. They could also be made smaller 2x2 or 1x1.

The other option is to take a giant picture of the planet and superimpose it over a 3x3 box making it look somewhat like a not to scale star map.

TC01 how are you doing with the diploinfos. Like I said earlier we can't kick the generic BTS civs out until we have the diplo infos done.

I totally missed this. In fact, I forgot I was supposed to do the DiploInfos in the first place.

If you're using a program like Notepad++, this is ridiculously easy. All you have to do is change all instances of LEADER_X or CIVILIZATION_X to point to LEADER_Y or LEADER_Y, by using the Replace command (replace "LEADER_X" with "LEADER_Y").

Alternatively, for now you can just replace all the first contact statements with something like this (for an example), so every leader has the same diplo text:

Code:
		<DiplomacyInfo>
			<Type>AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_FIRST_CONTACT</Type>
			<Responses>
				<Response>
					<Civilizations/>
					<Leaders/>
					<Attitudes/>
					<DiplomacyPowers/>
					<DiplomacyText>
						<Text>AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT</Text>
					</DiplomacyText>
				</Response>
			</Responses>
		</DiplomacyInfo>

I'll still do it if you want me to, either this or something more complicated, though.

could you please do it I have almost no time now adays for modding maybe when my homework lightens up a little.

Top Bottom