Downloading GOTM problems

@Dhoomstriker

Thanks for the tips. As I said, it's my first time with Steam. I searched for the old cd and found it :whew:!. I'll try to do it with Steam, as I paid for that and want continue in the plataform...

Reading the CivFanatics I found instructions to install the games in "Technical Support/Windows 7". All instructions and tips are for the cd installation. If Steam fails, I'll do it with the cd, and that's the reason I want the Patches (with a safe path).

My first installation (in this same PC and Win7), using cd, had no problem. I'll return on Monday, till there I'll forget Civ a little :popcorn: ...

Also, you could try very politely Private Messaging Seraiel; I know that he has kindly gone out of his way to host a couple of Civ IV downloads for people in the past.

Wow, it was not necessary pm him. He's always one step ahead :D! Thanks Seraiel, I forget (or didn't think about it) when downloaded these files for the first time. Logically I'll do it now.

So, now I have the direction to reinstall the game with cd (although some more info about Steam is wellcome). I'll also read more in the forums. STEAM PLAYERS :help:!

Thanks again for all the support :goodjob:!!!

If I were you, I'd try to get my money back for the Steam edition as soon as possible :lol: . They're selling Civilization IV Complete for 5€ on Amazon so you can have a without problems CD-version at (guessing) 1/3 of the price they charge on Steam :lol: . If you have found your CD and should ever buy one of those new Notebooks that come without a DVD-drive, I'd download CIV via torrent, can't be illegal to download something that one owns.

And you're welcome :) :thumbsup: .

Moderator Action: CFC considers all torrents as illegal downloads and/or pirated software. Please do not discuss torrents on this forum. Besides, you never know what gets added to the download and experience indicates that many mods will not work with illegal software.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

If I were you, I'd try to get my money back for the Steam edition as soon as possible :lol: .

:lol: :lol: :lol:!!! Indeed. I was happy with my old cd-version, and all games were running well. I just used Steam to buy the Civ5 (and I still need to know it better), because a promotion (or sale) that I saw here in CivFanatics main page. Also because Civ5 needs Steam to participate the Hof or GOTM (maybe in the future, who knows...). In another sale (or promotion) that I also saw here, I took advantage and bought the Civ4 Complete Edition. Both acquisitions were good enough, comparing with dollar and our prices, and local currency (R$ - Real).

When I needed reinstall the games, why not to use them from Steam? BTW, Civ5 is running well, but also wasn't accepted to Hof :mad:... But while I'm in Civ4, it does not matter much for a while :rolleyes:...

Top Bottom