Downloading, Installing a Playing a New Civ

If they are all modular (it's explicitely mentioned if they are), then it's not really a problem. Follow the installation instructions for modular civs (the threads normally have such an instruction; if not, we'll find one, at least Kochman has always written something down), just all with the same folder, then you have all the civs in one mod.

Okay, so I downloaded the zip file for the Swedish Empire mod. I extracted it to the "mods" folder, started up the game and loaded the mod. Problem is, the Swedish empire doesn't show up in the list of available civilizations when I start a new game...
I've tried it with both vanilla, warlords and BTS, same problem everywhere.

Anyone know what the problem may be?

Thanks!

Welcome to CFC :).

A link to the civ of question would be nice ;).

And directly at the problem: If you take a look at the folder of the swedish civ, what do you see in it? An "Assets" folder and maybe some other stuff, or another folder named "swedish civ"?

Thanks for the reply, and the welcoming!

Here's the link to the civ. It hasn't been updated for about six years. I guess that might cause the problem...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=146469

Basically there is a folder called "kingdom_of_sweden_v10f", that is the folder that came out of the zip file, and that i put in the "Mods" folder.
Inside there is an ini file named "kingdom_of_sweden_v10f" and another folder called "Kingdom of Sweden".
Inside of that is another ini file named "Kingdom of Sweden", an "Assets" folder, and a "Readme" file.
The "Assets" folder has "Art", "Sounds" and "XML" folders, containing all that good stuff.

If that didn't make any sense (it's kind of hard to know if you explain well enough when English isn't your first language) I have made this chart (or something).

Mods (folder)
\/
kingdom_of_sweden_v10f (folder)
\/
Kingdom of Sweden (folder) + kingdom_of_sweden_v10f (ini)
\/
Assets (folder) + Kingdom of Sweden (ini) + Readme (txt)
\/
Art (folder) + Sounds (folder) +XML (folder)
\/ \/ \/
Stuff Stuff Stuff

Thanks for the help! :)

Thanks for the reply, and the welcoming!

Here's the link to the civ. It hasn't been updated for about six years. I guess that might cause the problem...

Yes, might be. Please be aware that this civ will ONLY work with the base game of Civilization, not with one of the addons.

If that didn't make any sense (it's kind of hard to know if you explain well enough when English isn't your first language) I have made this chart (or something).

No, no problem there, it makes perfect sense :).
The problem is that the second "Kingdom of Sweden" folder inside the first one should not be there.
Take everything from the second folder (Assets folder, readme, whatever else), cut it out, and put it instead in the first folder.
That should fix the problem.

Okay, so now it looks like this:

Mods
\/
kingdom_of_sweden_v10f (folder)
\/
Assets (folder) + Kingdom of Sweden (ini) + kingdom_of_sweden_v10f (ini) + Readme (txt)

I boot up vanilla Civ 4, go to Advanced, load the mod; which works, it sais "kingdom_of_sweden_v10f" in the upper right corner, and I try finding the Swedish Empire in the list of civs in Single Player, and it still doesn't show up.

Could it be that the mod was made for another version of the game? I've got version 1.7.4.0.

Or maybe it's just old and dead, i don't know.

Thank you very much for taking time to help me! If I'm still doing something wrong, I would really appreciate it if you told me what it is. :)

No idea what might be going wrong :dunno:, it looks right for me.

:think: for clarification: The mods folder you are talking about, where is it?
It should be in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civ4\Mods (or whereever you installed civ), and NOT in the my documents folder.

I tried installing Winzip, but a box appears warning me about malicious content.
Do you know of a site where I can install it safely?

Top Bottom