Downloads

I didn't see the download link until now. I'll download it and I hope to find the other files to be added

I didn't see the download link until now. I'll download it and I hope to find the other files to be added

Nice, Trade, I was going to send you a PM to let you know it was up for testing and feedback. Thanks much!

I think I need to go through the whole process of synchronizing the branches at Source Forge, then compile it and then overwrite with the contents of the dropbox, don’t I?

Then I’ll need to reinstall the needed compilation programs again and it may take me ages with my current real world work load. :sad:

Ok, here is an updated DLL that disables the delayed response. Someone check it out that it is working. Save your game when there is no Delayed Response then quite the game and replace this dll with the old one and then see if all works correctly.

It doesn't work.

The offer continues with nothig to bargain, the option to consult advisors is still there, but the scroll icon has been removed.

And there is a bug message:

Assert Failed

File: CvPlayer.cpp
Line: 3655
Expression: bRemove == true
----------------------------------------------------------

I haven't started a new game to test it, I have been continuing my auto save games.

It doesn't work.

The offer continues with nothig to bargain, the option to consult advisors is still there, but the scroll icon has been removed.

And there is a bug message:

Assert Failed

File: CvPlayer.cpp
Line: 3655
Expression: bRemove == true
----------------------------------------------------------

I haven't started a new game to test it, I have been continuing my auto save games.

Ah, ok, I forgot about the Python files as well. Howbeit, while looking into this bug I discovered what the real problem is. In order to get Peace Deals to work with delayed response I had to introduce a hack that sets the player at war with the Peace offering player as something happens in the Exe that messes up the War status. I set them to war in Python but it is at an "OR" statment, so it sets them to war if they are Offering Peace "or" Trying to make a deal. So, all these Leaders who have been trying to offer you deals while at peace are instead set to War in Python, which messes up their trade deal so it doesn't appear correctly. So, I will reinstate the Delayed Response and fix the issue in Python, then we can further test this feature. Look for an upload within the hour.

Thanks much for the reports...:goodjob:

Edit: yes, I just fixed the issue and tested in on one of your saves. Gundobad offers me the Wheelbarrow for 300 gold and no bugs :)

Howbeit, while looking into this bug I discovered what the real problem is. In order to get Peace Deals to work with delayed response I had to introduce a hack that sets the player at war with the Peace offering player as something happens in the Exe that messes up the War status. I set them to war in Python but it is at an "OR" statment, so it sets them to war if they are Offering Peace "or" Trying to make a deal. So, all these Leaders who have been trying to offer you deals while at peace are instead set to War in Python, which messes up their trade deal so it doesn't appear correctly. So, I will reinstate the Delayed Response and fix the issue in Python, then we can further test this feature. Look for an upload within the hour.
Commit this to python please as I would like to see what you did. In fact commit all your fixes because if I am to look at anything related to the bug reports, I better have access to the same version of the code as you used to make a test build.

Here is the fixed Python file, overwrite the one in Assets\Python CvDiplomacy.py.
And replace the Dll.

The Dll included is the original AI Trader Dll.

Please check that all is well.

View attachment 395072

Oh yeah!!:thumbsup:

And the "Let me counsult my advisors" does work, I checked I actually was at war with Oleg and I could return and sign peace.

Attachments

• delayed peace.jpg
    delayed peace.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 479
Dear modding gentlemen :)

A humble request.

I have been enjoying you mod (Patch 2.5.4.2) for quiet some time now and I really like it.
But, I understand its still being developed and you have put new stuff in since this patch?
I have tried and tried to get the sourceforge GIT thing to work but I cant it seams....
I guess I am too old for complicated computer stuff now.

My request is like this. Is it possible for one of you to pack your latest working mod folder and upload as a "current patch" or something? This one (Patch 2.5.4.2) is starting to get pretty old?
Or even better make a release candidate or something and upload that. :)

Regards

Trym

Thank you for your fast response! :)

I hope it makes the AI actually do something though. In my games they don't develop much and they fall much behind in research.

Regards

Trym

I did that. Installed 2.6.1 on top of my 2.5.4.2 installation and then patch 1 and 2 on top of that.
It has several new features like russian and teutonic factions, but its very buggy compared to a plain 2.5.4.2. Maybe I have to stick to it...
Bugs like if I start as teutonic I have no units, I had to use map editor to get my first peasant. They have no kind of sawmill. They have access to all the trade routes from start etc. Maybe I did something wrong....

I think those are in for future scenarios and such, you are better off using one of the already established factions from western europe.

I am not sure what the new features are between the old release and this new test one.

Stuff like prospecting and ai automations for it.
New trade automations and systems.
Natives improve their lands.
Some new dilpomatic content.
A spy system to reveal the R.E.F. Army

It is a test release, not a stable release so all of the new features are being tested and debugged.

I love all the new features :) Pity this verion is not stable.
Especially developing natives and developed pope on the map!
I will eagerly follow this thread crossing fingers for a stable version with most of this included.
Also I like the trapper give luxury food from the start.

Its really a good mod you guys are making and its very appreciated :)

Top Bottom