Downloads

Summary, this means that the mod timeframe covers 4 main intercovering periods:
- Pre-state Eastern Slavic tribes and tribal unions (?-IX century);
- Kievan Rus to start with as a state (IX-XIII);
- Fragmented Russian realms (X-XVI) fighting each other, constantly rioting against the Horde, and also repelling invasions from the West (see Battle of the Ice for instance)
- Moscow Duchy (XIII-XVI) rising from the ashes to become the Russian Empire in 200 years...

... and, frankly, I have no idea about how to make it in one game...:crazyeye:

Well, considering how the Mod currently works the rise of the Kievan Rus up to the Battle with the Horde sounds like the good fit. The Horde Will be the Invading Force that you must defeat at the end in order to Win. It will be your chance to change history. Also, the period of the Horde occupation would be a good one. The Khan would be the King imposing his will and you must gain power enough to over throw him. Perhaps a Leader from each period can be a choice with each leader having a different Victory condition. Most of this is already in the mod.

Alpha Release:
* Contains many "raw" features that have not yet undergone any detailled improvments or quality control.
* Lots of small open todos (e.g. balancing, graphics, texts, translations, ...) for the actual release
* Intended to find support for bugfixing or programming or graphics.

Yeah, this was the type of release, I had a long to do list left. But I'll be sure to make note of it.

(But that is simply a matter of taste. I prefer to handle those development steps internally with team and partners.)

We don't have a "team and partners" enough to do this.

Do anybody know if there is a civ4 mod, which is available in Russian? It would be nice if we could just copy the character art as an easy solution to this issue.

I found this. Did not try to download the file though, so I don't know if there is a bomb there, or a virus, or something else unpleasant. But if not, it might be what you're looking for. It's announced as a "Rusifier" for Civilization 4: Colonization v.1.00-1.01, with also some translation in.

Well, considering how the Mod currently works the rise of the Kievan Rus up to the Battle with the Horde sounds like the good fit. The Horde Will be the Invading Force that you must defeat at the end in order to Win. It will be your chance to change history. Also, the period of the Horde occupation would be a good one. The Khan would be the King imposing his will and you must gain power enough to over throw him. Perhaps a Leader from each period can be a choice with each leader having a different Victory condition. Most of this is already in the mod.

Well, maybe you're right. But I'd suggest 2 story lines then, with Khan of the Horde starring as a "King" in both:
Alexander Nevskiy gets yarlyk as a leader of Novgorod (ok, that's not entirely correct, but that's the game), and then builds up Russians to repel "REF" of Livonian Order, Teutonian Order, the Danish and the Bishop in the Battle of the Ice.

Dmitry Donskoy gets yarlyk as a leader of Moscow (ok, that's not entirely correct again, but that's the game), and then builds up Russians to repel "REF" of Mamay in the Battle of Kulikovo.

Frankly, Kievan Rus is also a good story with Vladimir the Red Sun first uniting the Russian realms under his reign, then baptizing them (sometimes by sword and fire), and then... then there is the end of it, as his independent (no "King") country fell apart due to internal reasons before the Horde came (no "REF"). So, I'd say that there can be a splendid mod of it - though for a Civ scenario, not for a Col one.

There can also be impressive one city challenges based on those pages of history, because it really was pretty much like that: Novgorod, Vladimir, Kiev, Moscow, Rostov, Polotsk, Chernigov, Suzdal', Zvenigorod, Galich, Ryazan', etc. - one knyaz', one city.

However, if we're talking about alternative history here... why not?

In the meanwhile, I am quite happy with having Russians as non-playable "natives". After all they did not play big role in European affairs in medieval times, they had enough problems of their own.

EDIT:
If you are indeed committed to have Kievan Rus in the game though, you can look up to still fitting the mod's timeframe earlier event of Oleg the Prophet, the founder of Kievan Rus (starring as "King"), harassing Constantinople (Byzantine Empire's capital) with his Kievan-Rus REF. :)

I found this. Did not try to download the file though, so I don't know if there is a bomb there, or a virus, or something else unpleasant. But if not, it might be what you're looking for. It's announced as a "Rusifier" for Civilization 4: Colonization v.1.00-1.01, with also some translation in.
I can't download this file. Looks like I would need an account to do that, but it's all in Russian :(

Anyway I found something else. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=527371
Looks like the perfect tool for this task. It will allow writing Russian with UTF-8 encoding (read: just regular readable characters) and it will display correctly ingame. I still haven't been able to get that application to actually run yet, but I'm convinced I will get it to work soon. I see no reason why a Russian translation should fail due to technical problems.

I've uploaded a test version so people can check out my latest work. You will need to add the .FPK art files and sound files to this version. Please keep the mod name as Medieval_Conquest to help with saved game compatibility.

http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=108266

When done correctly your Medieval_Conquest Asset folder should look like this...

Attachments

• MCfiles.jpg
    MCfiles.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 777
So I discovered it wasn't the mod, but my base Col. that is broken, it seems to be in some way/how connected with DOaNE, it started crashing after I installed and played that I think, and now DOaNE is the only one that doesn't crash... No idea what the heck is going on with that..or how that could affect base Col. it is just what I have observed.

So until I can be bothered to reinstall Col. or if anyone has an idea, I won't be able to test the latest build which is annoying as I was most looking forward to it! :)

I wonder where my disk is.

So I discovered it wasn't the mod, but my base Col. that is broken, it seems to be in some way/how connected with DOaNE, it started crashing after I installed and played that I think, and now DOaNE is the only one that doesn't crash... No idea what the heck is going on with that..or how that could affect base Col. it is just what I have observed.

So until I can be bothered to reinstall Col. or if anyone has an idea, I won't be able to test the latest build which is annoying as I was most looking forward to it! :)

I wonder where my disk is.

I had the issue of not being able to run debugger on my steam account version of Col so I had to buy one off of Amazon for about 7 bucks US, just in case you can't find it there is that option. But yeah, I am wanting you to check it out. I want to start addressing some of the other issues that you have mentioned in your reports about Invention issues and gaining Civics too quickly and such. I need to go back and reread your feedback.

I think my games have generally felt pretty well paced, it was someone else (I forget who) that felt it was moving a bit fast.

I will eventually find the energy to locate my disk and all that faff, and give you my thoughts when I play through with all the new stuff (exciting!)

A couple weeks ago we overcame a massive hurdle with FTTW so I am swamped getting that ready for an alpha 5 release, so it might be a while before I can report my latest adventures in the medieval world!

I think my games have generally felt pretty well paced, it was someone else (I forget who) that felt it was moving a bit fast.

I will eventually find the energy to locate my disk and all that faff, and give you my thoughts when I play through with all the new stuff (exciting!)

A couple weeks ago we overcame a massive hurdle with FTTW so I am swamped getting that ready for an alpha 5 release, so it might be a while before I can report my latest adventures in the medieval world!

Ok, sounds good. I am glad to hear you are still working on that classic ;) :goodjob:

I posted another development version here. http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=108576

I am liking where this is going. The game is much more enjoyable now that we gain Luxury Food early on.

Questions:

Night mentioned it before about Cities starving when you have Luxury Food, so should we allow Cities to use either Food type?

Should Hides and Luxury Food be "Link" in that they deplete at the same time?

What improvements can we make to the economy?

Also, I don't like how you start off with no Luxury Food citizen so we can either make Luxury Food create you normal food Unit or perhaps add a Wellborn unit that doesn't like field labor and no other benefits.

I am assuming the new version is on the first post. I will grab it in a minute. :) It is the 2.6.1 version right? I can just patch it over the existing version I assume? Just 18.6mb yeah?

I don't think lux food should avoid starvation, the highborn would often still be dining on fresh and fine foods while the populace was trying to catch rats to survive.

I think hides and Lux food should be linked, where it makes sense. Like game wards etc. as you would generally skin and eat the same sort of things.
One thing I was wondering about is cattle and butchering them to get hides and lux. food but only when you have spices. So as a resource they only work when they have the spice..
Could we make a way that they make food and hide, or hide and lux.food when you have spice. Otherwise cattle are a bit useless unless you have spice, which is weird..

The basic High born unit sounds like a good idea. Kind of like a reverse serf or bandit. It could perhaps get +1 to fealty so a bit like a serf but very limited.

I am assuming the new version is on the first post. I will grab it in a minute. :) It is the 2.6.1 version right? I can just patch it over the existing version I assume? Just 18.6mb yeah?

I forgot to post the link in that post above, but added it later. Yeah, 2.6.1. You should be able to just patch over it if I pack everything correctly.

I don't think lux food should avoid starvation, the highborn would often still be dining on fresh and fine foods while the populace was trying to catch rats to survive.

But if a City is Starving no new Units can join the settlement, even highborn. The code also ejects a random Unit if food is 0 and starving, so in that senerio the highborn should be able to work on just fine if there is Luxury Food :) Perhaps we could create a system where different Unittypes require different substance. Nobles->Luxury Food, Peasants-> Food, Robots->Oil ;) Also, perhaps we could call Food Rations to help better distinguish the two.

I think hides and Lux food should be linked, where it makes sense. Like game wards etc. as you would generally skin and eat the same sort of things.
One thing I was wondering about is cattle and butchering them to get hides and lux. food but only when you have spices. So as a resource they only work when they have the spice..
Could we make a way that they make food and hide, or hide and lux.food when you have spice. Otherwise cattle are a bit useless unless you have spice, which is weird..

Hmm, good point. Perhaps we can make the Butcher create Food and Hides instead? Cows weren't all the luxurious. The Butcher will slaughter both Sheep and Cows perhaps, or have code to choose which you would prefer depending on the other uses for Cows and Sheep. Then only the Baker Produces Luxury Food from Food and Spice. This could work for Cities that don't have much land for planting Food.

Yeah that baker butcher system sounds good to me. It also makes them both 'fit' into a town, as one produces food and hide, and the other produces lux. food. You can then even balance the two so that your butcher and baker create a zero sum for food, and then your farming can still feed the people. This makes a Master Butcher/Baker combo really valuable.

Yeah that baker butcher system sounds good to me. It also makes them both 'fit' into a town, as one produces food and hide, and the other produces lux. food. You can then even balance the two so that your butcher and baker create a zero sum for food, and then your farming can still feed the people. This makes a Master Butcher/Baker combo really valuable.

Well, this Combo is now in the mod. I placed the new files in a Dropbox link, someone let me know if this works...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e4ee2yi04o8iuqg/AACputv7ep3xQwWg764vHqc7a?dl=0

I downloaded and installed and loaded and no bang! so good start, when I get some umph I will play a game and see how far I get :)

Just noticed a typo in the pedia, the title heading you have as Decress instead of Decrees

Rats... Ended my first turn with a crash!! Even if I do nothing it crashes at the end of the turn. No error messages.

Hmmm... I don't know what to do with myself now, I got myself all worked up to play :D

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_AD-0476.ColonizationSave
    61.3 KB · Views: 274
Ok, I dropped my latest build in drop box below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqc3seial6blb22/MC AI Trader Update.rar?dl=0

The below features are not 100% complete, and need play tested. Test how they affect the game (is it good, or bad), and test if they are working as intended.

-New Spy on REF- You have to pay gold to send spies to scout out the REF, which in M:C is a force coming to wipe out the player if he is unprepared

3 new Deal types:
  • Trade Contacts
  • Trade Hunting Rights- Huntsman can kill animals on the land
  • Trade Imperial Support- The Leader supports you as Emperor so if You declare yourself the Emperor that Civ will not attack you.

-New Yield Options as well as new options in Import/Export for Foreign Exports/Imports- Right Click a Yield Icon on city screen to bring up the new single yield option menu.

-AI Traders- Your Peddlers have new orders for buying and selling after you set the Cities Foreign Import/Export-They will spend your gold or make your gold by selling or buying. New Command Icons for this

-Prospectors will auto prospect with new command

I wonder if we should use the file upload on sourceforge for test builds like this :think:

If we do, then we will get a download counter and all that and both of us can add/remove/replace files as needed. Also for some reason I had to click the download button multiple times before it worked. The first few times it opened new windows instead, which is not a good thing. Sourceforge just works and there is no size limit.

-Prospectors will auto prospect with new command
I made a game option for turning prospecting on and off and set it to be off by default. However downloading your test build, that option appears to be gone from XML. That brings up an interesting question: what did you upload? :confused:

I wonder if we should use the file upload on sourceforge for test builds like this :think:

If we do, then we will get a download counter and all that and both of us can add/remove/replace files as needed. Also for some reason I had to click the download button multiple times before it worked. The first few times it opened new windows instead, which is not a good thing. Sourceforge just works and there is no size limit.

I made a game option for turning prospecting on and off and set it to be off by default. However downloading your test build, that option appears to be gone from XML. That brings up an interesting question: what did you upload? :confused:

We never merged that feature. I'll check out the sourceforge upload system.

Is it the full build, or do I need to download the current build and over write with the update?

Currently I get a crash at the leader select screen, and if I go via custom game it crashes on the load bar.

Also something strange, when I selected William of Normandy as leader, it selected Norse as the civilization? (In custom game)

Nevermind, I am downloading all the other content now and seen how much bigger it is, I will see what happens when I put all three bits together! :)

Top Bottom