Downloads

Kailric

Jack of All Trades
It is the year 476 the last Roman Emperor of the Western Empire has fallen ushering in the Dark Ages....

Welcome to Medieval: Conquests, where you must raise your fledgling tribe to become the supreme power of the age.

Below is the "Alpha Release" version
***Warning***
You must use the Maps that come with this mod. Maps should be included in the below download but you can also find working maps HERE.

DOWNLOAD Version 2.5

Use this link to download Movies and for the latest vesion

***UPDATES***

Patch 2.5.4.2

Official Updates Log
Instructions:To install unzip the files then copy the /Assets folder in the zip. Paste the whole Folder over your Mods/Medieval/Assets folder. Say yes when asked if you want to merge or replace existing files. If there is more than one Update you must Paste them in their numerical/alphabetical order.
Spoiler :

2.5 Change Log

***Warning***
You must use the Maps that come with this mod. You can find working maps HERE.

Known Issues
-The last few of the Pope's Units may get stuck in "Europe" , to get them to arrive you must destroy his ships one way or another. We will fix this bug soon.

Fixed issue with Viking Treasure Units having no commands
Added help text for Vikings founding settlements

Removed "getWorkersBuildAfterMove" from the code as it needs further testing.
Change Bureaucracy Civic to Give 50% worker speed instead of Build After Move.
Adjusted Prices of Lumber and Stone so they can not be exploited.
Fixed the Doughnut extra sight issue
If Trade Screen can not sell an good the mouse over text will say "NO Vendors"
Edited "Build Workplace" Command, Now shows type of building built and better help text
Removed Groomsman Profession

-Fixed Civilian Promotions not saving correctly

-Groomsman profession has been removed as no longer needed
-Build Workplace command help text now shows type of building
-Fixed "Waiting in Europe" popup
-Civic effect workers building after move has been fixed
-Fixed fog of war doughnuts
-If a Good can not be bought at a Trade Screen it will say "No Vendor" in help text

-You can no longer buy ships in Immigration Screen
-can no longer trade Anarchy
-fix Civilian Promotions no being removed on converted units

Features:
-new school system (similar to Religion and Revolution)
-units and buildings buy yields (Demands) from the city. This can be setup in the XML
-currently only Units have Demands set
-domestic sales to units and buildings uses plotgroups (cities connected by road)
-Tradepost, Markets, and Guild Halls not warehouses sells overflow
-replaced altEquipment with profession subgroups
-Subgroups can have different art files and textures
-units can be more than one combat type (can have mounted and mail armor promotions etc)
-Vikings are playable
-bonus for connecting trading posts and missions by road
-savegames are more likely to still work after upgrading XML files
-Europe (Trade Screens) code had a major overhaul to make it less hardcoded
-EuropeInfos can be easily modified to add new Trade Screens
-plotgroups (group cities together when connected by road, from Civ4)
-improved performance
-buildings can give interest on player's gold
-garrisoned units produce yields under new Civics and Techs
-improved help text to better understand the new game features
-Units garrioned can be reassigned while in city screen (right click)

Domestic Advisor:
-new screens to count individual units in cities
-hides uninvented columns
-resizes to screen resolution (more columns on high resolution etc)

Civics:
-New Civics Screen (in M:C they are called Decress) borrowed from Civ4, with many new features such as:
-unit food consumptions can be changed
-civics can change growth unit as well as give random change to gain an expert
-number of units on docks controlled by civics
-workers can start work without movement
-mutual exclusive civics and much more
-New Luxury Food Elite units per Civic

XML setup changes:
-city building setup is handled by XML
-techs in tech screen can be assigned relatively to each other
-fixed several incorrectly named types in XML
-XML files loads types in all files before loading for real. This allow files to refer to not yet read files
-new translations can be added using XML only
-translations use English strings for untranslated strings
-TEXT XML files can have languages in any other and only English is mandatory

Fixes:
-several fixes related to automated transports and feeder service
-other bugfixes

2.0i
-Fixed a few failed asserts

2.0h
-Added new Art for Tower improvement (Thanks drjest2000)
-added new XML Text translations (Thanks drjest2000)
-Added two new maps Large_Continent.py and Medieval_Faireweather
-Adjusted AI to better accumulate Luxury Goods to produce Nobles
-Fixed several crash bugs

2.0g
-Saracen can now be captured at sea
-updated the Saracen to cost more for Natives to produce, this will prevent them from appearing so fast

2.0f
-Fixed the crashed caused by shift dragging goods in trade route screens
-added SpiceRoute python file as it was left out of last updates

2.0e
-Fixes a couple crash bugs

2.0d change log
-The Silk Road is once again a land route. It can be access once discovered from the north or south land plots.
-AI will use Land Routes and actually send out Peddlers to trade with Players. Both major and minor Civs will do this.
-Adjusted Marauder AI so they want hang out in Cities kill Peddlers that enter
-New Cities will use the center plot bonus as the first initial Free building. That way you can more easily get trade started early on.
-Land start AI will build ships and ports better

2.0c Change Log
-Maps Added- Besides The_New_World there are 3 more maps added to this update that should work with M:C Note: The FaireWeather map does not work with M:C
-Added the new Trade Fair video
-New option in GlobalDefineXML "DIPLAY_NEW_VIDEOS" set to 0 to turn off new videos
-If videos are not present the game will not display them
-fixed a potential crash bug with AI capturing criminals
-fixed bug where plots would go black causing units to not be visable
-In Auto Play mode you new press V to cancel it
-New Button art for the new features in Domestic Advisor

Fixes
-Lodges auto kill Animals out to 1 space, nearby city gains Luxury Food
-Strongholds and Towers kill Animals, Bandits, and Marauders out to one space
-fixed Squire graduating to Noble bug. Squires only graduate if they are working as Stewards
-Adjusted Route prices to be more strategic
-Bandits and Animals no longer kill units but instead damage them and send them home crying. They will steal gold and cargo however.
-added Escape city to Scouts, Huntsman, and all None Military Peasantry if attacked by Bandits or Animals
-Armorsmith now requires Hides and Tools and Weaponsmiths now require Ore
-Yield Units now show Trade Route prices in help text while loaded in ships this way you can see what route to take for best price
-Fixed the Trading League's gross exaggeration of gold earned: Now when You Finished Trading League the Trade Points show up as the points you earn each turn. This points are converted to gold each turn minus the Tithe Rate.
-Fixed minor issue in the Immigration Screen.
-Silk Road is now a sea route starting in the North or South seas, Spice Route is East and West
-Spice Route and Silk Road now have different colored plots
-New Training Level for Professions: certain Professions now require an experienced Unit such as Archers and Longbowmen
-Infantry and Archers now require Tools
-Each Trade Screen can now have its own array of units
-Adjusted JAnimals mod to have fewer animals
-added orlanth's Trade Route videos
-Ships no loner move through improvements
-Animals/Bandits shouldn't break workers automation
-Animals will hopefully wonder closer to their favored terrain. No more Polar Bears in desert
-the amount of Trading Post Trade Points given are modified by World Size
-Establishing Trading Post now gives a sound and message
-Added New Flags and Civ Buttons thanks to drjest2000!!

Verson 2.0a
-Hopefully Bandits/Animals wont take over your cities but rather just destroy them. Bandits and Animals should not even be entering cities so if they do please post a save where they enter a settlement the next turn
-changed the starting Max population to 5
-fixed a bug where the game would hang when you completed Banking trade research

The Developer version

A tutorial on how to download and test the newest version in Development can be found here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/colonizationmodcollection/wiki/GIT/

You can also download a development version below. Note you will need to add the .FPK art files and sound files to this version Please keep the mod name as Medieval_Conquest to help with saved game compatibility.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqc3seial6blb22/MC AI Trader Update.rar?dl=0

The below features are not 100% complete, and need play tested. Test how they affect the game (is it good, or bad), and test if they are working as intended.

Developer Version Notes:
Code:
-New Spy on REF- You have to pay gold to send spies to scout out the REF, which in M:C is a force coming to wipe out the player if he is unprepared

3 new Deal types: 
[LIST]
[*]Trade Contacts
[*]Trade Hunting Rights- Huntsman can kill animals on the land
[*]Trade Imperial Support- The Leader supports you as Emperor so if You declare yourself the Emperor that Civ will not attack you.
[/LIST]

-New Yield Options as well as new options in Import/Export for Foreign Exports/Imports- Right Click a Yield Icon on city screen to bring up the new single yield option menu.

-AI Traders- Your Peddlers have new orders for buying and selling after you set the Cities Foreign Import/Export-They will spend your gold or make your gold by selling or buying. New Command Icons for this

-Prospectors will auto prospect with new command

Things to note while testing
This is 2.0 play testing upload. Please report all suggestions, bugs or discrepancies to this forum.

At the start of Medieval times in history there was very few large cities in Europe and there was basicly those three types of settlements mentioned above. I am wanting to portray this in my Mod so if have any ideas on how this could work or play out let me know.

You can Help
-Translate the xml files to another language(see Second post for a tutorial)
-Add a New Civilization as a Mod Mod
-Help fill out needed areas such as Founding Fathers
-Add new Unique Units for each Civ
-Playtest and give Feedback

***Bug Smashers Elite 2.0***
If you report a bug(or series of Bugs) you get your name posted here with a star. The one with the most stars at the end wins a prize!

Code:
Lib.Spi't**
mastrude*****
drjest2000***
Tradewinds*

Attachments

• Update 2.5.3.rar
    868.7 KB · Views: 351
The Git version has been updated and I'll upload a new update for official versioin soon

Git 2.0d

-quieting to main menu no longer crashes the game
- AI players will now use the Profession Peddler. They will also travel the map looking for trades and can now use land trade routes.
-If you set goods to Import AI traders will stop by your cities and offer their wares if they are carrying any that you need. You can trade techs/maps/goods/gold for wares. If the AI peddler has cargo room you can sell him wares as well.

The Git version has been updated and I'll upload a new update for official versioin soon
While I think releasing a new version would be good, I would recommend slowing down a bit. Right now savegames made with 2.0c can't be loaded and I really should figure out a good way to solve that before declaring the code stable enough for releasing.

EDIT: it seems to crash even before reaching the place I expected it to fail. Fixing this appears to be a whole lot more tricky than I predicted. I may not be able to do it at all :(

EDIT 2: Figured out the problem, or at least part of the problem. It turns out that there are two issues regarding loading and one was shielding the other one. This still could be fixable.

I made a new bat file to make git checkouts easier.

First of all, you will still need git
It will need git, but luckily I found a portable version of git, meaning it should work without installing it. Download it and put the directory in My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization. Rename it to PortableGit (remove the version).
Git downloads (remember to pick a portable version)
Alternatively it searches for git in your PATH meaning a correctly installed git client is likely to be found.

Once git is present all you have to do is to download the bat file (Medieval conquest-git.bat) attached to this post and double click it. It will install/update the mod Medieval_Tech to the newest version from github each time it's double clicked. It doesn't matter where the bat file is placed.

Installing needed files from releases:
I added another bat file to git called filefetch.bat. This one will copy the needed files from "Medieval Tech 2.0" and if your install is outdated/missing, it will open the URL(s) for the downloads in the default browser. This one is called in the end of Medieval conquest-git.bat and is normally not needed to open manually. Unlike Medieval conquest-git.bat, filefetch.bat needs to stay inside Medieval_Tech to function correctly.

Future updates:
Adding files from future updates should be really easy. Once such files are needed, filefetch.bat is updated with info on the new files. This mean from a user point of view this should happen:
  1. Medieval conquest-git.bat is double clicked
  2. New data is downloaded
  3. Default browser opens at the download page for the new update
  4. User downloads and updates Medieval Conquest 2.0
  5. User doubleclicks any one of the two bat files and the needed files are copied
No risk of missing the need for new files when updating with bat files. It's the simplest solution for the users I could come up with (adding the files to git itself is out of the question due to size).

Attachments

• Medieval conquest-git.zip
    509 bytes · Views: 231
Ok, I added your bat file info to the first page. I also uploaded two updates to Git. One fixes the bug where you can't select your own cities:crazyeye:, and the other makes an update to what free buildings you get as follows...

When you found a new city you always get at least 3 free buildings, the workshop, the lodge, and a blacksmith shop. In addition you will get one more free buildings and this is determined by the Yield production of the city plot. If it produces wine you get a free Wine Maker's house, if it's a barley you get a free Ale Maker's house, etc.

This was added so that your cities can more easily produce trade items with the free yields from the city plot early on.

Why is that Git was preferred to SVN? Most people already use SVN for the other mod -- same client covers many mods...

Why is that Git was preferred to SVN? Most people already use SVN for the other mod -- same client covers many mods...
Git has it's own server meaning it works when the computer is offline. Quite a lot of features in SVN needs access to the server meaning coding offline can be a bit tricky. Also git allows committing to the localhost server and then upload it to the main server next time you are online. This allows multiple commits in a single offline session.

Git turned out to be a bigger issue than I though. I googled a bit and learned that Github supports SVN. I just did a quick test and learned that people can actually use either git or svn (didn't test uploading). The svn URL is
Code:
https://github.com/Nightinggale/Medieval_Tech

I will write a new bat file to use svn and a proper guide for getting the newest svn revision in the near future. The current git bat file should still be valid and filefetch.bat (the one responsible for copying the large files from M:C 2.0) works without git/svn and can be used for both.

@ Nightinggale; Thank you! This sounds interesting!

@ Kailric Is there any scenario/historical map that goes along with your mod? It seems strange to make such a great effort to represent the Medieval era -- only to play on random maps!

@ Nightinggale; Thank you! This sounds interesting!

@ Kailric Is there any scenario/historical map that goes along with your mod? It seems strange to make such a great effort to represent the Medieval era -- only to play on random maps!

I am no map maker for one but I want to create one I just haven't had the time yet. However, there has been a few people talk about making one such as Fullerene here. He was waiting on the AI to be able to use land trade routes which they can now. I believe that if you create a map you just need to add North and South Europe plots to land tiles where you want Land units to embark on trade routes, then the AI will send it's peddlers there. AI using land routes is only available through the Git version atm.

I've been virtually "away" for a month attending some intensive classes. I was never able to get the repository of the development version playable, so I'm starting from scratch and being "vewy, vewy careful", to misquote the cartoon character who is my ideal in life.

Already on the downloads page I'm confused. Here are the gory details:

The downloads page has:

"DOWNLOAD Version 2.0

***UPDATE***

Update to version 2.0b

Copy this over 2.0b
Update to version 2.0c"​

So what happened to update 2.0a? Is it included in the first download? Is it superseded by update 2.0b?

Also, to clarify, what do the following updates mean:

Does "Update to version 2.0b" mean "update version 2.0a producing version 2.0b" or "apply this update to version 2.0b to produce version 2.0c"?

The same question applies to "Update to version 2.0c".

This reminds me of one of those psychological pictures where foreground switches with background to produced a new image. I'm guessing that the person who wrote this (Kailric?) knows perfectly well what he meant, and, reading it back, can't envision the other meaning.

Anyway, could someone explain this to me and/or edit the download page. Thanks.

Well, 2.0a got gobbled up by 2.0b so just copy 2.0b into your mod files. When that is done simply copy 2.0c into your mod files. Always, as long as you copy the updates in order all should be fine. I plan on providing another "official" update possibly tomorrow. Glad to have your input back! I am sure you will enjoy the changes as well as the new changes coming.

When I can get past this point, I have questions about the GIT script and what has made it break, for me.
I'm working on a newer version of the script (well not actively working on it right now as Journeyman takes priority), which should make it easier to use. However you shouldn't have problems if you followed the guide precisely. If it fails, then please tell me how you managed to mess it up and I might be able to make the next version more foolproof, or at least more mastrude-proof :lol:

I'm working on a newer version of the script (well not actively working on it right now as Journeyman takes priority), which should make it easier to use. However you shouldn't have problems if you followed the guide precisely. If it fails, then please tell me how you managed to mess it up and I might be able to make the next version more foolproof, or at least more mastrude-proof :lol:

Your witticism is a little unkind. :cry:

Here's what messed it up: My %home% system variable is sort of messed up, due to my trying to rename my documents folder. This is tricky in Win7 and 8 and I haven't read how to fix it. Maybe I can SET %home% in the bat file, instead of just reading it?

This got posted out of order, which is why it's in living lurid colors.

The root cause of my problems has been that I was using the Steam version of Colonization, which uses a different directory from the DVD. It installs in "\Civilization 4 Colonization" instead of "\Sid Meier's Civ...". I think that's why Nightinggale’s scripts didn't work for me.
Meaning the script should check for both possibilities. Alternatively the path is one of the first lines in the bat file. Just edit it with any text editor and change it. The made the path as a variable in the top for that very reason.

Let me ask Nightinggale please: Are TortoiseGIT repositories movable? Can you delete them and create new ones without TortoiseGIT getting hung up on central records it keeps of all repositories? Would it be too much to expect that you can rename repositories?
The short answer is: YES it's fully moveable.
The technical answer is that Medieval_Tech will contain the invisible directory .git, which views the whole repository with relative paths and git checks for this directory whenever it tries to do some action.

In this push to get I made a small change to the Conquest Advisor. It will now display the number of Nobles you have in total. This is for the player's info but also as a way so we can faster track the AI's accumulation of Nobles as I am going to improve on that next.

I plan to post another update tomorrow for the "Official Update".

2.0d is up for download. Please, test to see if I copied everything correctly.

2.0d change log
-The Silk Road is once again a land route. It can be access once discovered from the north or south land plots.
-AI will use Land Routes and actually send out Peddlers to trade with Players. Both major and minor Civs will do this.
-Adjusted Marauder AI so they want hang out in Cities kill Peddlers that enter
-New Cities will use the center plot bonus as the first initial Free building. That way you can more easily get trade started early on.
-Land start AI will build ships and ports better
-several bugs have been dealt with
-Conquest adviser now displays the number of Nobles you have. This is for the player's information as well as making it easier to track the AI's progress of accumulating Nobles.
-Vassal trades now show the player as Vassal Lord
-some of drjest2000's xml improvements and the new Tower model are in the game

Well, 2.0a got gobbled up by 2.0b so just copy 2.0b into your mod files. When that is done simply copy 2.0c into your mod files. Always, as long as you copy the updates in order all should be fine. I plan on providing another "official" update possibly tomorrow. Glad to have your input back! I am sure you will enjoy the changes as well as the new changes coming.

And, I guess, update 2.0c got incorporated into 2.0d. I respectfully suggest you put this info into the initial post. It's hard enough for newcomers without these elisions.

:) Made you look it up! Admit it! Or you were just too stubborn to look it up and now you think you know what I said, but you're wrong! Or am I lying now? :)

And, I guess, update 2.0c got incorporated into 2.0d. I respectfully suggest you put this info into the initial post. It's hard enough for newcomers without these elisions.

It says this in initial post?
To Install updates first apply 2.0b then Copy 2.0d over 2.0b. If you already have 2.0b or later just copy 2.0d into Assets.

:) Made you look it up! Admit it! Or you were just too stubborn to look it up and now you think you know what I said, but you're wrong! :)

Is this an inside joke cause I am standing on the outside scratching my head wondering what you are talking about :) :confused:

You have done what I suggested. Thanks.

You said: "Is this an inside joke cause I am standing on the outside scratching my head wondering what you are talking about. "

Well, I guess the joke is only in my head.

Top Bottom