1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dragonia II Beta 1 Bug thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Dragonia II Mod' started by Darque, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Shenig

Shenig Chieftain

Okay now I'm trying 7-zip and it comes up with an error "cannot open output fiole......\dragonia\assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll"
    any sugggestions? I've tried removing it and re-installing from start but no success.

2. rocklikeafool

rocklikeafool Warmaster

Um...get an updated version of 7-zip. Or get an updated computer. Obviously, try the first one.

3. MOELANDER

MOELANDER Chieftain

:mad:This stupid game always CTD when I want to start a game in the mod. The Mod menu and all is okay, but the actual game always crashes while loading. And before you tell me to reinstall Civ 4 and BTS, I already did this two times!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:And It still has the same eroor. And I always installed 3.13. Not 3.17 and not 3.02, no it was 3.13!!! I even tried the unofficial version of that patch!

One strange thing that is permanent regardless how often I unisntalland install is that BTS keeps telling me I don't have patch 3.13 installed, when I click on about that build (see attachments)
    Then there's this file created by windows about the error. it reads:
    And then look at the attachments. They are related too.

Attached Files:

4. Darque

Darque Chaotic Lord of Dragonia

Looks like your BTS is not patched at all.
    My Civ4BeyondSword.exe file version is 3.0.0.1 and my Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll is version 3.1.3.0
    In your xml it shows those files as versions 3.0.0.93 and 1.0.0.1

5. rocklikeafool

rocklikeafool Warmaster

Mind, you should only patch it to BTS patch 3.13 if you wanna play it.

6. MOELANDER

MOELANDER Chieftain

BUT I did that!
    I just patched to 3.13! It doesn't work! Even after three or four times!

7. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I had two other people on my thread say the same thing once, all it was, was a bad download patch that they had gotten, so may i suggest that you delete the 3.13 you have right now, and re-download another one, and see if that works? If not write again.:rolleyes: But making sure you never use 3.02, ever cause that will screw up the new 3.13.
    btw, Welcome to CFC.

8. MOELANDER

MOELANDER Chieftain

Hmm Okay Thank you.
    So which one should I download? Any links?

Oh and the Installation of the 3.13 Patch says the patch is already installed, but the Build-Info doesn't.

Strange huh?

9. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

No it happend to me also, its because at sometime you must have installed 3.02 at sometime, so again what i had to do was completely Uninstall Civ4 and start all over from scratch Vanilla/Warlords/BtS. But this time i had individual patches, making sure 3.02 was never part of them. Then everything stated working correctly. If you tried this, i am sorry, but i had to do it twice once. Alot of work, but Civ4 Bts is well worth it.:crazyeye:
    Again re-download a different 3.13 ok, just incase.

10. rocklikeafool

rocklikeafool Warmaster

Yeah, sometimes, the correction of these fake or busted patches is a b*tch. Of course, Firaxis releases em but never puts em on their site. So, sometimes, we get bad patches cuz they're too lazy. I've had to do wat Strategyonly's describin more times than I care to count. So, tho it's a stupidass process (cuz it shouldn't even be necessary), know that many of us sympathize.