1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Duplicate civs

Discussion in 'Team Cavaleiros' started by oyzar, Nov 24, 2008.

?

Duplicate civs?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. oyzar

oyzar Have quit civ/forums

I guess this poll is needed as well... What do we do if someone else chose lizzy? churchill etc... I already explained my reasoning in the other thread, so please read that before you vote.

2. Niklas

Niklas Fully Functional GOTM Staff

I will abstain on this one since I don't feel strongly enough either way.

3. Earthling

Earthling Deity

Actually, if someone chooses churchill (and I so highly doubt any team would, I think it would be hilarious) I could stick with Viccy just for the funny-effect of it the whole time, competing with churchill. But realistically, I can see another team choosing Liz, and I don't want to have Liz+Viccy or Viccy+Viccy in the game, so I'd go to our #2.

Edit: I've also given better real discussion in the other thread, this is just a quick post.

4. Niklas

Ok, we now know that another team did pick Elizabeth just as we feared. If we are ok with playing a duplicate, we play Victoria. If not, we get to play João. So a YES for Victoria, a NO for João, please place your votes! And fast too, so Sullla can have a reply from us!

5. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

I voted no,

Vic is stronger but I would ( and some others too) have more fun with unique civ... Joao was discussed and appreciated, + Niklas has a point about the carrack... the UB is nice as well...

Cheers,
    Raskolnikov

6. Earthling

Earthling Deity

Argh, this is quite nearly infuriating; I should have been on the ball and been around earlier but here's my input. I wasn't expecting to play Joao-Pacal also got picked :mad: by some third team. These developments made me seriously consider one more time just going with Viccy but I think I'd prefer Joao. So, my vote stands (as it is in the poll; the poll's not public so I'm not sure who all's voted) as a vote for no duplicate; switch to Joao.

7. Renata

Renata homicidal jungle cat GOTM Staff

The poll is tied, heh.

I voted for Vicky -- I like Joao too, but I don't have issues with duplicate civs (unlike duplicate leaders) per se, and I guess I just really really like financial.

8. oyzar

I was pretty sure that our choice would be between joao and viccy if anything... Pacal is one of the stronger leaders, and it is pretty obvious to everyone(in my experience there are always some people that pick him every game).

9. Sullla

Sullla Patrician Roman Dictator

OK Team 4, I really need an answer. Are you going to play as Victoria or Joao? All of the other teams have finished up their choices, so if you could please come to a decision shortly, we can get this game started soon. Thanks. :)

10. Earthling

Earthling Deity

It would be remiss to come to a decision without at least a few more votes (8 votes is a little under half our team!) I suppose someone could change their vote one way or another but I think we'd appreciate just a little more time to be more democratic. Whoever's out there, vote with your heart/guts/anything you need to make a decision for the team!

Edit: Or, you know, there's always the possibility of that coin flip. But I hope it doesn't have to come to that.
    Edit Again: It seems Niklas, our team captain has not voted? I know you're not the only tiebreaking vote out there, but perhaps you need to be.

11. Niklas

I have voted. I'd really prefer not to be the tiebreaker, but if we don't get more votes then I may have to be.

12. oyzar

I really don't see why you need to know our civ before making the map... That can easily be changed afterwards... We don't have a host even so i am a but curious of what is the hurry?

13. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

I tiebroke, 5 against, only 4 for. Unless someone hurries, I believe this is final.

14. oyzar

We have 11 people who voted in the other thread. I don't think it is worth sacrificing democracy for a little speed since it is essentially useless as i mentioned above...(if you are in so much hurry please come on msn).

15. Calis

Calis on time

I also voted for NO just now, as I prefer a unique civ!!

16. Renata

Renata homicidal jungle cat GOTM Staff

Ok, that's six-four and a majority of our team, I think. Sullla can probably take it as final when he sees that, then, assuming no one shows up and changes things in the meantime.

17. Diamondeye

I am not on a PC with MSN and wont be until tomorrow (Doh! :sad:)

... That would mean majority, then?

18. oyzar

How can you not have msn / trillian / pidgin / web messenger ?

19. Diamondeye

A PC designed for work, parents hate when you install stuff on their work laptops.

20. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

lol every parents in the world seem the same...