Dwarf palace (entrance)

Good job, it looks very cool!

Those are awesome dude. :goodjob:

I think I have a cool idea on how to use these with mountain tiles in my fort mod. :)

Thank you oh so very much!!

if the mood ever strikes you to make other Lord of the rings stuff, don't hesitate to make them: they will always be used.

Depends on if you want to use this model to change graphics of an existing building, or use it as a brand new one.

How do you change the city artstyle :i want to make the dwarvcity a bunch of hills and mountains.

also, is it possible to make it so a city can only be built on hills and mountains?

Aragorn7 said:
I will replace the original palace with this!

Put it in custom assets/art/structures/buildings/palace and name the NIF (and only the NIF!!!!!!!!!!!) "Palace.nif" that should do the trick.

The same methode works with a lot of stuff.;)

thomas.berubeg said:
How do you change the city artstyle :i want to make the dwarvcity a bunch of hills and mountains.

also, is it possible to make it so a city can only be built on hills and mountains?

look in the xml/civilizations/civilizationsinfos.xml. Every civ has a art style tag (for example ARTSTYLE_MIDDLE_EAST), such a tag point to several entries in the cityLsystem.xml and the plotLSystem (both files are in xml/buildings folder).

The good news is: You don't have to change all that entries:)

Just change the artstyle tag of the dwarfs to ARTSTYLE_DWARFS and there will be no more human houses in their cities. And there will be no more human houses in their hamlets and villages, too.

thomas.berubeg said:
How do i create this new art?

He, he, he

If you change that the artstyle tag of the dwarfs into ARTSTYLE_DWARFS just a few standart houses will appear at the early ages. You don't need any new art for that effect.

If you want some dwarf styled non-improvents to appear, you need some new art. Do you have experience with 3dmax or blender?

Chamaedrys said:
If you want some dwarf styled non-improvents to appear, you need some new art. Do you have experience with 3dmax or blender?

no, but i have a freind who can use blender, but he says it can't export the right files.

thomas.berubeg said:
no, but i have a freind who can use blender, but he says it can't export the right files.

Check the tutorials forum. C.Roland wrote a good tutorial about exporting models with blender.;)

Your friend will also need the nif plugins for blender. But I forgot where I downloaded them. :(

Chamaedrys, can you please make me the art and palace for Mordor? thanks alot. (and if you feel like doing other Palaces, the link to the Arda Mod is in my Signature)

sincerely,
Thomas

Top Bottom