DWG01-Behind Enemy Lines, OCC, AW

Well good game fellas. Im gonna start another OCC in the next few days. Not sure of the variant...Im kickin the tires on a few ideas of my own. You guys got any suggestions?

Suggestion on other OCC-AW variants:

(1) Saving Private Ryan:

we can play the same thing at Immortal+ Archipelago settling

(2) The Lone Hacker:

We get the Internet on turn 1 (by editing the xml file, or entering WB after settling) and must turn research to 0% ASAP. Don't know if it is doable in Immortal+ setting though. If needed, we can be provided with a Machine Gun to survive the initial onslaught.

--

(2) The Lone Hacker:

We get the Internet on turn 1 (by editing the xml file, or entering WB after settling) and must turn research to 0% ASAP. Don't know if it is doable in Immortal+ setting though. If needed, we can be provided with a Machine Gun to survive the initial onslaught.

Sooooo did something similiar in the SO series. I don't recall the number but it was a couple of months ago. If you are isolated won't help much. I think we played above emperor but don't recall exactly what level above. Either Deity or immortal. It did make the game rather easy overall since we wiped out the AI pretty fast. (if you know everybody/close then you tech quite fast, faster than normal research)

EDIT: it wasn't OCC though of course......

It was deity and here is the link. It was an interesting game but a bit of a blood bath.

Nobody asked, and I don't want to sound (uhm, read?) like a jerk, but these "diety" challenge games where you give yourself beyond diety advantages are a little silly. I can see how they would be fun (like when playing for your first time at settler and bulldozing everyone around you), but they are less difficult than a normal prince game. Used to see this a lot in Civ III games too. People would set up "impossible" Sid scenario games, but give themselves four grassland river cows, iron, horses, and three luxuries, while everyone else starts in miles of jungle...

If you played this again, maybe you could play on a pangaea map and have one marine per opponent. Start them out at home, so they have to walk to their various destinations. And let the civs trade tech. Instead of a starting with a priest or a merchant, couldn't you just start with a set amount of gold to be used only for research? Enough to get to break even 100% tech in say 150 turns/however soon you can build a market? Or maybe not allow yourselves to build The Great Wall. That would force you to keep at least ONE marine at home...

I think this could be a fun varient, but it seems clear that freightening the AI from settling a second city for an extended period, or even meeting/trading with neighbors takes 99% of the challenge out this. I hope that your next OCC venture at least finds the parking lot of the ballpark of a potential loss. Good luck in any event.

Well, I played and we won. I'll have a few pics up soon. That was a mildy entertaining finish.
Yeah - like when should we expect the thrilling piccies?

Well, lets put this game to bed ...

the current position ...

firstly,

then,

and

finally!

yay us

first AI settlements - that is late

watch them fall

who us?

Logging by Ruff's Cobbled Mod Pack v2.0.4 (Warlords v2.08) - New Log Entries
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Turn 372/0 (1706 AD) [17-Jun-2007 07:03:21]
While attacking in Greek territory at Argos, Cavalry defeats (6.45/15): Greek Longbowman (Prob Victory: 59.5%)
While attacking in Greek territory at Argos, Cavalry defeats (12.90/15): Greek Longbowman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Greek territory at Argos, Cavalry defeats (11.10/15): Greek Catapult (Prob Victory: 99.7%)
Razed Argos
Greek Empire has been eliminated

IBT:

Turn 373/0 (1709 AD) [17-Jun-2007 07:05:24]

Top Bottom