1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynamic Diplomacy 1.5

Aims to make diplomacy more interesting and rewarding

1. View619

View619 Chieftain

Ancient era tends to be where surprise wars are most likely. Once you hit Classical Era, where war mongering is frowned upon by other civilizations, then the possibility of positive diplomatic relationships exist.

2. Kwamer86

Kwamer86 Chieftain

Yeah, I managed to get positive relationships when the game went on. Unfortunately the warmonger penalties with this mod are still absurd. Despite from that -> great mod!

Are there any other mods concerning the warmonger penalty, that can be combined with this one?

3. View619

View619 Chieftain

You need to time your war mongering to coincide with diplomatic relations to friends. If you start war mongering before assuring your friends that you will not attack them, of course they will worry about it.

If you want to war monger more freely, you can check the forum for mods that reduce it.

4. Tolerant

Tolerant Chieftain

Hello! That's a very good mod! It's improving the current game very much! I've played some game partyes with it and finally start getting a pleasure from AI Diplomacy! Thank you for all work. I've made a Russian text localisation. Please integrate it. Russian Civ community would say 'Thanks'! Have some ideas for Alexander or Cyrus? New agengas for them... I don't know why the developers created such simple and stupid agendas for each Civ 6 leader? More than 10 years have passed since civ4, but the diplomacy doesn,t evolved much... It's good to have such great modding community here...

Attached Files:

5. Tolerant

Tolerant Chieftain

To reduce warmonger penalty i suggest to use "GDG Lower War Weariness, Raze Penalty, Warmongering Penalty." It works good in synergy!

6. ChocolateShake

ChocolateShake Chieftain

Sorry for the long delay in response! I actually fixed this issue a while ago on the Steam version, I'll upload the latest version here tomorrow. I also tweaked the warmonger values to make them less punishing. Thanks for your interest and for your kind words! :)

Thank you, and sorry for the delay in response! I'm glad you're enjoying the mod :) I'd be more than happy to include the Russian text localization! Once I have it ready over the next few days I'll upload it. I had added some bonuses for Alexander and Cyrus, Alexander grants +1 great general point per encampment and Cyrus grants +2 culture to the palace, in addition to a great writer point to campuses. Let me know what you think! Thanks for your kind words and for your interest :)

It'd be great to know what you think of the mod so far :)

[to_xp]Gekko likes this.
  7. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

hope you haven't forgotten about us CFCers :D

ChocolateShake likes this.
  8. ChocolateShake

ChocolateShake Chieftain

Of course not! :) Thanks for your support! I really appreciate all the feedback and support that I've received here. I used to lurk CFC quite a bit back in the Civ 3 and 4 days :)

[to_xp]Gekko likes this.
  9. ChocolateShake

ChocolateShake Chieftain

ChocolateShake updated Dynamic Diplomacy with a new update entry:

Russian Language Localization and Updates

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. ChocolateShake

ChocolateShake Chieftain

Hi Tolerant! I just added in the changes you suggested, I'm not sure though if the localization XML file was applied, as it seems like I have to set it up in a separate section in the file. Please let me know how it goes! Thanks for all of your help! :)

11. Tolerant

Tolerant Chieftain

Thank you for atempting to integrate russian translations. Unfortunatly the text isn't loading and the game won't started. Maybe some conflicts between two languages in one file. Maybe you should create two language files - one with english and the other with russian text...? Some modders here doing just that. For example Deliverators's texsts in Moar Units mods. By the way I've updated the russian text in one file.

Attached Files:

ChocolateShake likes this.
  12. ChocolateShake

ChocolateShake Chieftain

ChocolateShake updated Dynamic Diplomacy with a new update entry:

Russian Language Localization Rollback

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. Ghiznuk

Ghiznuk Chieftain

Hi,

I was wondering, is it possible to ask a civilization to declare war to (or make peace with) another one ?
    In most other Civ games you could pay a civilization to attack another one. Sadly in Civ VI this only works as a Joint War ; the biggest issue with that, is that once you are at war with someone, you can't ask for help from other civs ! You first have to make peace and then go ask a Joint War.

Second, I've noticed that the AI doesn't seem to care whether you are friends with the same civs. Although they do care if you are friends with their ennemies !
    Also noone cares that you've denounced another civ.
    That should be changed.

AI should be pisssed that you are on the verge of winning the game.

Many other stuff are missing to make diplomacy great : no possibility to gift units, no possibility to discuss city-states allegiances (like complaining that you are competing for the same city-states), no boycotting other civs, etc.

Tolerant likes this.
  14. RathJinx

RathJinx Chieftain

They recently added a 'They fear us, we are winning' penalty to the game it seems. Can you update your mod to disable that? That crap doesn't make sense and ruins the diplomatic aspect of things when you've put serious effort into cultivating that all game. When I am going for any victory other than a domination victory, I try not to build up major warmongering penalties and focus on liberating cities instead for trade purposes. These ridiculous penalties are unavoidable though. Makes attempting diplomacy entirely pointless and takes the fun out of it.

15. Happiness

Happiness Chieftain

Q1. Do the AIs also get unique benefits from me for befriending or allying me?

Q2. What does "lead in progress" mean? Does it mean progress in tech tree or civic tree?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  16. Happiness

Happiness Chieftain

Hi this mod (4 Sep, 28 Jul, 28 Jul) is not compatible with
    8 Ages of War (17 Sep)
    Community Quick User Interface - CQUI (5 Oct)
    Wondrous Wonders (30 Jul)
    when all 4 mods were run together (no other mods were used). After pressing the button "Start Game", I was returned back to the main menu. But if I run any of the 3 (of listed 4 mods) together, I can create game as normal. (E.g. there is no problem running this mod together with "8 Ages of War" and "CQUI" or running this mod together with "CQUI" and "Wondrous Wonders".)

Could you fix this?

I get all 4 mods from Steam by subscribing to them. The dates in brackets are the last modified date of the mods.

It might be relevant to point out that "Dynamic Diplomacy (4 Sep, 28 Jul, 28 Jul)" is actually 3 mods: "Dynamic Diplomacy (Updated) (4 Sep)", "Dynamic Diplomacy (Australia DLC) (28 Jul)" and "Dynamic Diplomacy (Poland DLC) (28 Jul)", but written as though it is one mod to prevent wordiness. I also tested running all 4 mods but this time really without Dynamic Diplomacy (Australia DLC) (28 Jul)" and "Dynamic Diplomacy (Poland DLC) (28 Jul)", but it still doesn't create game.

17. ChocolateShake

ChocolateShake Chieftain

[to_xp]Gekko likes this.
  18. Tolerant

Tolerant Chieftain

Thank you, Chocolate Snake. I'll play with the updated mod in the future. I'll inform you if I or some of my friends will find problems (but i suppose that all must work just fine).

19. Abd121

Abd121 Chieftain

can you tackle warmongering penalty, please?

Leaders that encourage you to fight shouldn't hate you for actually going out and fighting. also, I don't think civs should hate you for attacking someone they hate. in fact. I think they should Like you for it!

20. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Chieftain

Just saw this mod on the download list for the first time. I dont have much mods running currently. Could it be compatible with the AI+ mod?

(Just read it is compatible on first page. thanx for your effort to make civ 6 a better game)