Eariest GL / other wonders by AI

Arilian

King
I tried out GOTM85 and some AI build the Great Library at T25.
I have never seen this early since civ5 is out. I know they probably found writeing in a ruin but still.
What was the earlies wonder you seen? Anyone below t20 maybe? :)

Turn 25 is about normal for AI to build GL on Immortal where it starts with a worker in addition to having on King+ started with Pottery.
Earliest I've seen GL taken on Immortal is indeed before turn 20 (it was # 18)

The GL is 185 hammer.
It would take at lease 2 turn to find writing in a ruin, minimum.
It is not getting prod bonus for wonders.

so t18 need more than 10 prod/turn average in the first 18 turn. (9 with policy+15%, 8 with egypt)

That would be really really rare.

I assume ToA should be more often if the AI starts it right away, as it does not need tech research in deity(?).

Don't forget that they can use their two starting workers to chop down forests immediately.

The GL is 185 hammer.
It would take at lease 2 turn to find writing in a ruin, minimum.
It is not getting prod bonus for wonders.

so t18 need more than 10 prod/turn average in the first 18 turn. (9 with policy+15%, 8 with egypt)

That would be really really rare.

In this instance (I only saw it do it on turn 18 once at Immortal) it probably chopped 3 forest tiles with its starting worker that it also started with the tech for.

Note that AI get large percentage discounts completing worker improvements on Immortal & Deity and a massive city growth discount.

Deity level would make the AI chopping of forest all the faster compared to Immortal with 2 starting workers.

Top Bottom