Earth 1000 AD (Warlords)

Justinian519 If you and anyone else wants an update I'm willing to make one I just need to know if anyone is still using Warlords and like my scenario?

I would love for you to keep working on updates for Warlords. I actually just crashed my Mac trying to load XP to get BTS haha.

So I've got a problem you might be able to help me with. I'm running Warlords 2.13 right now on my Mac, and the 2.08 patch just will not work for me. As a consequence (I'm guessing), when I load 1000 AD v. 1.25, I can get through the character select screen and the game starts loading, but after it finishes, I am immediately defeated. Like right when I get it, I've been defeated and I have to suffer the indignity of being compared to Dan Quayle.

So here is my request:

Could you make the updated version somehow compatible with 2.13? I've been dying to play this scenario. I love the original and it looks like you've done great work on this one.

Welcome to CFC ncaleb! [party] :wavy:

Yea it doesn't work with Warlords v2.13 due to a lack of an SDK but I'll look for one and if I can't find one I'll still make an update for you! thx

Maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't see the Byzantines on the list of empires choosable at the outset--koreans, ottomans, and zulu are all there, but I don't see Byzantium as an option.

Playing on Warlords v. 2.0, Mac

Here's your problem. instead of loading my scenario by going to Advanced load a MOD earth 1000AD, your just going to the play a scenario earth 1000AD. The one your loading is the one the comes with the game so it doesn't have all the features listed here. I'm not sure if this MOD will work with MAC so that might be a problem as well, hope this helps! :thumbsup:

I dwnld mod and extracted to "MODS" folder, started Warlords, loaded mod and when the game loads it just says "you've been defeated" before i can even start the game! please help i don't wanna play the vanilla 1000ad

im using v2.13 patch so idk if that could be the prob.

those of you being immediately compared to Dan Quayle, i had the same problem

if you are on a mac, it is because the mod contains a dll modified in the sdk

just download the plain version, its doesn't have all the features, but at least it has the civs and you won't have to play vanilla to play 1000ad. just load the plain mod folder as normal and then load the scenario

And a few suggestions for the plain version that i'm not even sure if they exist in the mod: Spain's knights should be conquistadors, the kiev rus' should have more buildings in their cities, and maybe more workers as they were advancing rapidly under vladimir the great at 1000ad, also, the kiev's south-most city shouldn't be theirs and they should have one more city farther east.
nothing big, just some stuff i saw :)

If I have the time I will compile a SDK and remake the version for Warlords. But my 1st priority will be my BTS version so it might take a while considering my lack of free time right now.

Top Bottom