Earth 1790 AD

I will add some French navy in the next update and maybe an iron resource, but the colonies are'nt design decisions, they are colonies the French held and not all of them were profitable. the Austrians are the only European civ that doesnt have non European cities, so all the civs has it.

It seems the Germans don't have them either...

This sounds really good. I have downloaded the file to my public maps folder but when i try and load it it says ive to insert the correct disk but ive got the single disk addition and normal bts works fine. Does anyone know what i am doing wrong?

This sounds really good. I have downloaded the file to my public maps folder but when i try and load it it says ive to insert the correct disk but ive got the single disk addition and normal bts works fine. Does anyone know what i am doing wrong?

I've never heard of the single disk addition...

Wrong drive maybe?

Its in the right drive but thanks for the suggestion. Mayby because its an rar file? I can get the folders which you have to unzip normally but i don't know how 2 work with the rar file.

you must unzip it first, just right click and extract it. if it doesnt work download winrar.

lokolus,
go ahead and give a step by step process for downloading this (into which folder), then extracting it where, and anything else thay might not be obvious to an infantry grunt like me stationed in iraq who uses his buddie's laptop and doesn't know all that much about how to run a RAR file.
thanks, from Yusufiyah , Iraq.

Download it from here: http://www.win-rar.com/download.html
then install it, then right click on the Earth 1790 and then click on "extract here". After that copy the file to My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\PublicMaps.

I will add some French navy in the next update and maybe an iron resource, but the colonies are'nt design decisions, they are colonies the French held and not all of them were profitable. the Austrians are the only European civ that doesnt have non European cities, so all the civs has it.

Lokulus,

Also
-maybe a scandinavian and german ship as well.
- make russia and Canada more Tundra
- I think Fort Gerry in canada is too far south, its borders and population maybe too big also
- maybe rename Saint Louis in Africa as Senegal or Dakar?

Thats all for now. love the scenario.

There's no initial Saint Louis in Africa... the French found it in the 1st turn, because the Saint Louis in America is spelled differently...

The french west African Saint louis was a major colony in those days, the French navy in the scenario is quite large but scattered across the globe.

Sure you can: just select the top civ when starting, open Worldbuilder, change anything you want, save and play the game as you want it.

You can also do it by opening the map file as an XML...

Tnx for the tip! By the way, love your updated version. (I've tried the Dutch several times now... - nothing to dowith me being Dutch, ofcourse!:mischief: )

I was thinking, shouldn't the ottomans(or barbarians) have privateers in the mediterranean to simulate the barbary pirates.

PS anybody else load the Varietas Delectat ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=237192 ) mod first then use world builder to load the map? the units look real cool being ethnically diverse.

It seems the Germans don't have them either...

In 1790 There was no Germany.
The Netherlands, however were a major power, for the moment.
Prussia was weak.
Austria had a powerful army but was focused on the northern part of Italy.
Britain had almost no army at all, Pitt was trying to bring the country back from near bankruptcy, and the Navy was deteriorating quickly.
France was a true powerhouse...over 300,000 men under arms and a madman in Robespierre to dispatch them. He sent them to the lowlands.....

Top Bottom