Religious: Goddess of Harvest
Score: Goddess of Harvest

The 2nd best pantheon, imo, for each victory type

Scientific: God of Forge
Cultural: God of Forge
Domination: God of Forge
Religious: God of Forge
Score: God of Forge

For me, victory is not an aim, but just a natural result of my overgrowth empire.
The best pantheon, imo, for each victory type

Scientific: Divine Spark
Cultural: Earth Goddess or Divine Spark, situationally
Domination: Most situational... mostly depends on map size. God of the Forge is great for small maps if you're a civ with old uniques, like Rome. It's also good for making a large army, to save up and upgrade later. Earth Goddess is also good if you have good land, so you can buy lots of units with faith later, as they're pretty cheap
Religious: Earth Goddess

The best pantheon, imo, for each victory type

Scientific: Goddess of Harvest
Cultural: Goddess of Harvest
Domination: Goddess of Harvest
Religious: Goddess of Harvest
Score: Goddess of Harvest

The 2nd best pantheon, imo, for each victory type

Scientific: God of Forge
Cultural: God of Forge
Domination: God of Forge
Religious: God of Forge
Score: God of Forge
well that sounds dull. ;)

I realize I'm not playing optimally, but I dislike removing features and generally avoid doing so. I'll remove woods and jungle if I plan to put a district or wonder on the tile, but I can count the number of times I've harvested a resource on one hand. So Goddess of the Harvest, for me, is bottom tier. I'd never take it.

On the topic of Earth Goddess... wish I could offer my opinion, but I've never been able to use it. The AI steal it every game. It's like Divine Inspiration/Synagogues. Every AI in the game would take Earth Goddess/Divine Inspiration/Synagogue if they could.

In all serious though, what do you end up doing with the harvest chop faith? Theocracy?

Well, in Rise and Fall, the Monumentality dedication lets you buy civilian units with Faith, and builders/settlers are cheaper to buy with Faith. You also don't need Theocracy to buy land units with Faith anymore, it's a tier 2 government building.

I've been spending a lot of Faith this way. Especially on builders.

Truly incredible. I just loaded up a game as Indonesia thinking to take Earth Goddess for once. Even with +2 faith from turn one I can't get it. Some @#$% AI must have popped a goodie hut turn 2 with a relic while simultaneously meeting two religious city states.

Has anyone used the earth goddess pantheon?

I've only used it twice, and then only because I found holy relics in my first Tribal Village. Every other time I've played it's been gone by the time God King gets me a pantheon. It was lucrative, but I still think Goddess of the Harvest is better.

I thought for sure I'd get it in my current game..
Speed: Marathon (Pantheon @ 75 Faith)

[Turn 3] Warrior - Hut: Scout
[Turn 5] Scout - Hut: Holy Relic
[Turn 8ish] Scout finds Jerusalem, Second to discover them it but quest for boost to irrigation
[Turn 14ish] Warrior - Hut: Worker
[Turn 15ish] Worker: Builds farm (Irrigation boosted, 1 envoy to Jerusalem)
[Turn 21] Get Pantheon... but Earth Goddess was the only one taken already.

... I've only ever gotten it twice, both times with Gitarja when she was introduced... I had looked it up online to see if it was new pantheon that was added cuz I never seen it before.

I thought for sure I'd get it in my current game..
Speed: Marathon (Pantheon @ 75 Faith)

[Turn 3] Warrior - Hut: Scout
[Turn 5] Scout - Hut: Holy Relic
[Turn 8ish] Scout finds Jerusalem, Second to discover them it but quest for boost to irrigation
[Turn 14ish] Warrior - Hut: Worker
[Turn 15ish] Worker: Builds farm (Irrigation boosted, 1 envoy to Jerusalem)
[Turn 21] Get Pantheon... but Earth Goddess was the only one taken already.

... I've only ever gotten it twice, both times with Gitarja when she was introduced... I had looked it up online to see if it was new pantheon that was added cuz I never seen it before.

I’ve played I don’t know how many times and saw it for the first time yesterday!

You guys aren't kidding... I just started about 15 games as the Mapuche (standard sized map, king) who always get appealing land until I could get earth goddess, and that was with the help of a faith-giving natural wonder!

In my opinion it's the best pantheon in the game, but it's always the first one to be picked up by an AI so it's almost impossible to get on higher difficulties. You pretty much have to be playing a civ which can get immediate faith generation and/or have some luck with an early relic or something to have a chance at getting it

I've only managed to get it twice, both times as Russia after getting
a relic on the 1st or 2nd turn and then pushing for faith from dyes/incense
for the next few turns.

Earth Goddess is great even for people otherwise disinterested in religion - it'll buff your faith accumulation enough to allow you to occasionally be able to buy GP (and, now, everything from units to buildings depending on the era and whether you are in a dark/normal or golden age.

Tip: If you can get Earth Goddess while playing as Cyrus, then you have truly lucked out. Cyrus already has the best UI for culture - and one of the most useful UIs overall. Given that the UI increases the appeal of the tile it is on and all adjacent tiles means that Persia will get faith from essentially every tile in their empire.

I usually only manage to get it when playing Indonesia and settle on the coast, or when lucky with goody hut for either direct faith boost or a relic.

I have got it for the first time in a game I'm playing RN. Yeah, usually the AI beats you to it so IDK about the need to nerf it. It is earning me a ton of faith. I've got Religious Settlements also so I'm basically not spending much on religious units at all.

Top Bottom