Earth map, 24 civs [for Warlords]

There is a wheat on a plains hills in Anatolia (modern day Turkey). Back in Vanilla I wasn't able to build a farm on it. Is it possible now? Does anyone know? :confused:

I thought farms could only be built on flat ground. Maybe that has been changed specifically for resource tiles.

I did everything as in instruction, loaded a mod, then picked up scenario Earth 24, choose England (another time - Egypt), build first city and the game crashes every time - looks like a graphic issue - no error messages, just freezing then (after alt+ctrl+del) crashes to desktop with resolution and colors reduced (driver diagnose shows generic windows driver instead of nvidia geforce TI 4200)

Nice map. Could be a little bigger. I miss the huts. How can I add the huts like in the original 18 CIV non Warlord huge map?

Thx,

(_o_)

Fantasitic map. It's so much better balanced than the 18 civ map. Korea gets in the way of china stopping them getting too powerful, and the 2 extra african civs make a huge difference to eygpt's usual dominance as well.

(_o_) said:
Nice map. Could be a little bigger. I miss the huts. How can I add the huts like in the original 18 CIV non Warlord huge map?

Thx,

(_o_)

Just enter worldbuilder and put down as many as you like.

Is there anyway I could use this to play 24 civs on a randomly generated map

i've played as cathage and i'm playing as incas (with tech trading off!!!). overall the map is very fun, and i've noticed a few things. cathage's unique unit is a horseman, but cathage had no horse anywhere near its starting location. i had to sack thebes and take horse from the egyptians. cathage did have elephants (for hannibal of course), and iron (i'd prefer having horse over iron for the fun factor, can't say if it's historically accurate), no copper though.

the incas have a lousy location, not just from isolation but their production capability is piss poor. even with tech trading off i'm falling behind. it takes so long to make a unit that by the time i have a few units they are already obsolete. this feels historically accurate, i'm just glad i disabled all victory conditions except conquest and cultural

aztecs always take out the americans. maybe it's just a case of monty over building military. but americans have iron and swordmen, yet they can't hold off strength 5 jags, hmmm.

china was a super monster in my cathage game. it annexed india, persia and mongolia. at one time its strength was several times over the nearest rival. when it stopped fighting and started teching for spaceship, it almost out teched me. i dare say the chinese starting location is the best in the game. while aztecs have the 2nd best location, if tech trading is off.

oh, and the french built all the wonders and their cultural border almost choked madrid, which i took early.

romelus said:
aztecs always take out the americans. maybe it's just a case of monty over building military. but americans have iron and swordmen, yet they can't hold off strength 5 jags, hmmm.

You might want to edit it and switch the American leader to Washington, he's a bit more militaristic than Roosevelt and his traits are better for a semi-isolated start (extra health and happy help a lot). Just open the file with a text editor, find where it says:
LeaderType=LEADER_FRANKLIN_ROOSEVELT
and change it to:
LeaderType=LEADER_WASHINGTON

Hi. I've really enjoyed playing this map. However, I am unable to open the game I saved. When I try, it crashes just as it finishes loading and gives me a message about lowering my graphics, which are already on medium (lowest setting). does anyone know how to fix this.

Hello i'am french and speak english very bad... with "earth 24" i can't play with new civilizations...

Pantastic said:
You might want to edit it and switch the American leader to Washington, he's a bit more militaristic than Roosevelt and his traits are better for a semi-isolated start (extra health and happy help a lot). Just open the file with a text editor, find where it says:
LeaderType=LEADER_FRANKLIN_ROOSEVELT
and change it to:
LeaderType=LEADER_WASHINGTON

yeah good idea i should try that. wanna switch up the leaders a bit too - getting tired of seeing peter and elizabeth.

i gave up my inca game on monarch with no tech trading. china again became HUGE, and vassalized 7 or 8 civs. qin had a gigantic tech lead on everyone, and eventually he declared on me, and monty joined in right after. i had finally settled all of south america, and was still building up the cities in the amazon jungle. i held up fine by massing battleships and sinking transports heading my way. then monty and qin started throwing nukes left and right, and i ate almost 10 of them before my crippled cities made the SDI project. i managed to raze two large aztec cities with marines, but it was a drop in the bucket for monty. finally they took out most of my battleships and qin landed a heap of modern armor, so i quit

how about you guys, is china this strong in all your games too?

I don't use this map anymore (I use the one I posted a while back), but I'm not suprised that China tends to run away with the game. They have probably the best starting region and have lots of juicy unguarded land to expand into. You might want to try starting the Celts in SE asia between China and India, it's obviously not historical but puts a check on both of their expansions. FYI, Cathy does a LOT better than Peter running AI Russia, she tends to expand more quickly and her culture blocks the Europeans off until central asia is filled in.

I just changed Peter to Cathy because she's much prettier. :D

Yeah, and Russia under her is quite strong. In my current game she and Ramesis are the two strongest. China for some reason is being choked off by everyone around him, esp. India, but he's now off the coast onto the SE Asian islands.

I'm Inca btw. Such a POOR location. :cry:

to romelus: well in my opinion the best starting location is france's. when you change the scenario to "no city razing" then you will have Berlin, Madrid, Rome, Celts and perhaps Athens and Istanbul conquered! It leads to overexpansion in the early game but by reducing your research to %60-%50 can do you no harm because you will have the same research capacity similar to the value with one city at %100. By growing and waiting, I'm sure you will succeed... By the way, France has two powerful goods: Stone and Marble and with Louis (Wonder Building speed ++), France will be inevitable... In my game London revolted in order to join me... heheheh...

I agree with the Inca starting location. Nothing can be done to those lads. They are a failure... (unfortunately)

tahnkout said:
to romelus: well in my opinion the best starting location is france's. when you change the scenario to "no city razing" then you will have Berlin, Madrid, Rome, Celts and perhaps Athens and Istanbul conquered! It leads to overexpansion in the early game but by reducing your research to %60-%50 can do you no harm because you will have the same research capacity similar to the value with one city at %100. By growing and waiting, I'm sure you will succeed... By the way, France has two powerful goods: Stone and Marble and with Louis (Wonder Building speed ++), France will be inevitable... In my game London revolted in order to join me... heheheh...

I agree with the Inca starting location. Nothing can be done to those lads. They are a failure... (unfortunately)

if the strategy is early warfare, wouldn't rome be better with their prets? i haven't tried so just guessing here. rome starts with iron and their land is quite defensible. france is the best wonder building choice though. in my first game paris had at least 6 wonders! great wall, pyramids, the works!

i tried inca, and failed even with tech trading off. it must be the worst location in the game

yes you are right with the early warfare but I did not mean that. The point is: at first, the civilizations only start with one warrior or one scout. And they use them for scouting (generally). But if the warriors are far enough from their cities, their cities left undefended. So I conquer their cities in the early game with only one (and the same) warrior unit which is given me at the start of the game (do I make myself clear?). Just ignore those borders. Cross - walk right to their cities and conquer without any difficulty. :)

Top Bottom