Earth Map with fixed locs for AND Mega Civ Pack

Kordanor

Warlord
Many thanks to generalstaff for this great addition of all the new civs.
I had lots of fun with google-ing all the different new civs and I often wondered where you found all the information, quite awesome.
But why did I google them? Basically what I did is taking the coolest earth map I could find which is Rhye's map from RFC (Size=Huge) and tried to throw 50 Civs on it. My goal was to spread them over the world as much as possible, so I basically checked every single tribe, where their capital (say: the city generalstaff set as capital) is and tried to hit the most authentic location for it. There are around 145 Civs total to choose from, so I had to decide which 50 Civs fit best. I chose several civs which were not that huge to fill the empty space in America, I also put everything I could find into asia. While it is a little crowded in the South there, the north is almost empty. So the crowd can fight for conquering the north.

I experienced two problems with the map I was not able to solve though:
I wanted to have random goody huts, but didn't find a way to implement them so I cut them out.
I also wanted to add double the ressources to the map via random generator, as 50 Civs are quite a lot and several Starting Locations are quite crappy. However I didn't manage to find a way to do that.
I tried to abuse http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=315047 for that, but I was unable to manipulate it to fit my wish.

Though what I did doesn't sound too spectacular, it nevertheless took me about 10-15 hours. Mostly for checking where to find the different capitals and sorting out the civs. Big respect to generalstaff again. It was tons of fun though. So maybe the one or another wants to check it out and maybe find a way to do what I was unable to.

As I said, I am aware that some starting positions suck badly (hello Aborigines, hello Djungle tribes!) but while this could be improved (see above) you can see this as fate, realism or challenge for now.

The only changes I made to the map itself are: Made one Mountain at the Inca to a hill, so that there is at least one "nearby" passage. And I changed a couple of tiles in Australia from desert to plains. The location still sucks, but I didn't want to compromise it further.

So these are the Civs and Leaders I put in:
Spoiler :

America Washington x=28,y=47
Apache Cochise x=18,y=46
Australia Curtin x=117,y=12
Aztec Montezuma x=18,y=37
Carthage Hannibal x=58,y=39
China Mao Zedong x=103,y=48
England Elizabeth x=53,y=54
Ethiopia Menelik II x=72,y=30
France Napoleon x=54,y=50
Germany Bismarck x=61,y=52
Goths Alaric x=63,y=58
Greece Alexander x=67,y=42
Harappa Shambara x=87,y=40
Hunnia Attila x=65,y=48
Inca Huayna Capac x=27,y=22
India Gandhi x=90,y=41
Israel David x=73,y=38
Japan Tokugawa x=113,y=45
Kazakhstan Ablai x=86,y=53
Kemet Ramesses II x=69,y=34
Korea Wang Kon x=109,y=47
Majapahit Raden Wijaya x=106,y=25
Madagascar Nampoina x=75,y=17
Mapuche Colocolo x=29,y=10
Maya Pacal II x=22,y=35
Mongolia Ghengis Khan x=99,y=50
Mutapa Changamire x=70,y=16
New Zealand Lange x=123,y=9
Ottomans Suleiman x=68,y=45
Piliwni (Paiute and nearby tribes) Winnemucca x=13,y=48
Rome Julius Caesar x=60,y=44
Russia Lenin x=71,y=54
Siam RamKhamHaeng x=101,y=33
Songhai Sunni Ali x=54,y=31
Spain Isabella x=52,y=44
Tupi (Native Brazilians) Cunhambebe x=37,y=15
Vikings Ragnar x=61,y=62
Zululand Shaka x=69,y=13
Algonquin Tecumseh x=25,y=51
Brazil Dom Pedro II x=39,y=21
Aborigines Yagan x=110,y=14
Congo Nimi x=62,y=22
Khazaria Ziebel x=77,y=46
Scythia Atheas x=72,y=48
Tibet Tenzin Gyatso x=96,y=42
Uyghur Tengri Bogu x=86,y=48
Arabia Saladin x=75,y=32
Babylon Hammurabi x=77,y=39
Baktria Eucratides x=86,y=43
Persia Darius I x=81,y=39

And this is what it looks like after first Culture expansion:

(The Aborigines are probably the only ones who moved, the other ones accepted their fate ^^)

Attachments

• Huge50.zip
    40.9 KB · Views: 884
  • Worldmap.jpg
    Worldmap.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 4,023
You actually got this to play with AND?
And for how long before you had 10 minute wait between turns?
Did you get to the Modern era with it?
And what kind of computer do you have?

Curious.

JosEPh

Haven't played too far into it yet. But I guess it's much smoother than any 32 civ gigantic map.
Yeah, it's 50 civs. But the space is really small.
This map has 8432 plots. The giant earth map included in and has 18900, Carter Earth has 23040 Plots.
While it's more different civs and more cities in the very first round, I guess it will actually run better than the bigger maps. You have to be aware that lots of the space is already used in the very first turn. And I guess there aren't more than about 5 Cities per civ at most (average).
But unless anyone played so far it is hard to tell of course, I am quite confident though.

When i start this map it says you are defeeded even on load... :( any idea whats wrong ?

Did you 3 have Barb Civ or Barb World or Revolutions turned on? Was Barbarians turned Off?

Unless Kordanor made a custom .dll with the Map, using 50 civs plus player plus barbarians exceeds the 48 civ .dll that AND has.

JosEPh

Did you 3 have Barb Civ or Barb World or Revolutions turned on? Was Barbarians turned Off?

Unless Kordanor made a custom .dll with the Map, using 50 civs plus player plus barbarians exceeds the 48 civ .dll that AND has.

JosEPh

AND is using a 50 civ dll...

Top Bottom