East Indies Scenario Idea

Well i can continue the map but i will appreciate all information on accurate ressource emplacement people can find me

And for the new civ i will be happy to work on that and pratice my xml but for now im stuck, here is the link if someone can show me the direction :)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=434463

Plenty of Elephants and Gems and Spices in India.
Maybe Gems, and Ivory in Indonesia.

To help me with the jungle and all that stuff i will need you show wich territory each civ will own at the start and where will be the city

i cant take pic from my map now so theres another map

P.S btw if i was you i will extend the timeline cause real colonisation just start in 1700-1800

Attachments

• 21855.jpg
    21855.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 101
To help me with the jungle and all that stuff i will need you show wich territory each civ will own at the start and where will be the city

i cant take pic from my map now so theres another map

I'm on it.

And it isn't just about colonization, it includes history before Europeans arrived as well.
So Cholas, Majapahit, ect. will still be around, then "collapse" like in Rhye's and Fall of Civilization.

Ok so just show me the starting civ on the map

And for the new civ you should find someone to do it cause when i try to create one it wont show up in game

Okay these are the European spawn points.
Civs can spawn anywhere around where I marked.
Red for Portugal
Blue for England and France (they should be different cities, but around the same area)
Purple for the Netherlands
Maroon for Denmark (on Bangladesh)
Olive (on the Phillipines, don't know if you can see that) for Spain

[/IMG]

okay thanks and for the starting civ like mysore, makarat? do you have an idea of what they control at the start? That will help me

They each control a single port city.
Goa for Portugal, Pudicherry for France, Manilla for Spain, some city near Dhaka for Denmark, and maybe Mysore/Chennai for Britain
As for units, maybe 2 caravels, a few frigates, a few musketmen, and that should be about it.

EDIT: We will be designing special units for the scenario later, right now I just want a rough idea of what the civs will have.

Great :goodjob:

And something im not sure, do you want 2 version one that ill start in 1200 and one that start with the european civ

or you still with your first idea (wich i prefer) with the european spawnign at those place?

I don't quite understand what you are saying sorry:sad:
What I want is a game that starts in 1200 with all the civs that existed in 1200 in play, but then later on European civs will spawn and native cities will "convert" to them peacefully. For example, the Chola would be in their proper position, then one of their cities on the West coast of India would "convert" to the Portuguese and be renamed Goa.
Just like in Rhye's and Fall of Civilization IV

While we are on the subject, here is a map of the Chola Empire:

The pink is territory that was officially theirs, and the blue was territory that they had strong influence on, they didn't claim to own it, but it was pretty much theirs anyway.
The pink could be just normal cities, and maybe the blue could be puppets or something. We should be able to adjust for unhappiness.

A question, what operating system are you using?
Windows 7 and Windows Vista both have snipping tools that allow you to take screenshots of whatever you want.
Then upload them to imgur.com , a website that puts them into a forum/message board format.
You should try this if you can to post pictures of your world builder maps to put them here.
Hope this helps :)

I don't quite understand what you are saying sorry:sad:
What I want is a game that starts in 1200 with all the civs that existed in 1200 in play, but then later on European civs will spawn and native cities will "convert" to them peacefully. For example, the Chola would be in their proper position, then one of their cities on the West coast of India would "convert" to the Portuguese and be renamed Goa.
Just like in Rhye's and Fall of Civilization IV

Its okay maybe you dont understand what i ask but anyway you answer it :)

And for the starting civ, i would love the starting position of every civ if its not to much :)

So i will be able to give them great start for their capitol

So far i have the starting position of

-French Colonie
-British Colonie
-Spanish Colonie
-Danemak colonie
-Chola Empire

Starting position still missing

-Bangla
-Portugal
-Majapahit
-Siam
-Kandy
-Maharashtra
-Delhi Sultanate
-Timurids

And just a suggestion, i think you should include the neatherland since they had a great influence in indonesia

Havent done the ressource yet buts thats what i have so far

-Jungle (Maybe to much will need your opinion on that)
-Hill (maybe not enough)
-Mount Everest (Still named Mt. Fuji but can be easily changed)
-Himalaya
-Gobi desert

Theres the pictures

Note there no ressource at all yet

Attachments

• 2011-08-06_00001.jpg
    2011-08-06_00001.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 2011-08-06_00003.jpg
    2011-08-06_00003.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 2011-08-06_00004.jpg
    2011-08-06_00004.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 2011-08-06_00008.jpg
    2011-08-06_00008.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 2011-08-06_00006.jpg
    2011-08-06_00006.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 125
  • 2011-08-06_00005.jpg
    2011-08-06_00005.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 2011-08-06_00009.jpg
    2011-08-06_00009.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 2011-08-06_00010.jpg
    2011-08-06_00010.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 2011-08-06_00012.jpg
    2011-08-06_00012.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 2011-08-06_00014.jpg
    2011-08-06_00014.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 163
The map looks great lenin :goodjob: Think you could upload it? :)

Jungles are good. I suggest most natives recieve Woodsman promotion (double movement in jungle/forest) so that the europeans will have a harsh time moving throught the territory :)

But as I said, I don't really support the RFC-ish starts. Cities shouldn't convert peacefully; europeans should arrive by boat to the Indies and conduct, ehem, 'diplomacy' with the natives, if you know what I mean ;)

The map looks great lenin :goodjob: Think you could upload it? :)

Jungles are good. I suggest most natives recieve Woodsman promotion (double movement in jungle/forest) so that the europeans will have a harsh time moving throught the territory :)

But as I said, I don't really support the RFC-ish starts. Cities shouldn't convert peacefully; europeans should arrive by boat to the Indies and conduct, ehem, 'diplomacy' with the natives, if you know what I mean ;)

So we have 2 options:

1) Asian cities peacefully convert to the Europeans

or (a spin-off of easyseeker's idea)

2) We give the Europeans a lot of gold and they will "buy" cities from the natives.

Either one will do, but I doubt we are at the serious modding stage.
Great work the both of you,
Lenin, the maps are beyond anything I could have done
Easyseeker, I am anxious to see the new civs.

As for the starting locations, I will have those to you shortly.

Its okay maybe you dont understand what i ask but anyway you answer it :)

And for the starting civ, i would love the starting position of every civ if its not to much :)

So i will be able to give them great start for their capitol

So far i have the starting position of

-French Colonie
-British Colonie
-Spanish Colonie
-Danemak colonie
-Chola Empire

Starting position still missing

-Bangla
-Portugal
-Majapahit
-Siam
-Kandy
-Maharashtra
-Delhi Sultanate
-Timurids

And just a suggestion, i think you should include the neatherland since they had a great influence in indonesia

I also gave you the Portuguese and Dutch starting location. ;)
Note that there will be overlap between empires when I give them to you.
This is because the same land will be owned by different Empires throughout the game.

Here is the Delhi Sultanate.
and if you didn't already know Lenin, easyseeker is already modding a seperate Delhi Sultanate.

They started with the blue territory, then expanded to the red, then the green.
If you could have the Rajputs be a city state in that hole in the map you see southwest of the blue, that would be great.

Spoiler :

Here is Majapahit. The Green Box is their territory.
The Blue is the land they had control over, and everything else in the box represents vassal state. You can represent those with puppet states.
1293-1527 A.D.
Spoiler :

I will have more starting points soon...

In any case, could lenin upload a picture of how the starting positions would look on the map? It'd give me a better idea of what bonuses to give to each civ.

When I'll have done about 3 civs, I'll PM them to you, ShahJahan :)

Yes please PM me the civs.
Make sure they are ones not already in the game.
It would make things easier if you have the Denmark DLC, so we wouldn't have to mod a separate Denmark.

In any case, could lenin upload a picture of how the starting positions would look on the map? It'd give me a better idea of what bonuses to give to each civ.

When I'll have done about 3 civs, I'll PM them to you, ShahJahan :)

Are you modding the Timurids?
If you haven't started, don't do so, I realized I was politically incorrect when I said they were involved in the area. The were actually more involved in Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
If you have started on them, that is fine, finish it anyway and I can think of a way to implement them.

Top Bottom