easy is easy

candle

Prince
first game through, didnt touch any cheats. Played like i did Col1 just went out with my best troops leaving militia to garrison, and my vetrans to conquer the natives. I started out as spain so it made it easier. Concentrated on Cigars and Rum exports with Silver sometimes, and making sure I had ore in most of my cities to make tools and guns.

When the king came around I had a sizeable force of militia for him and I had all my cannons with my vetran dragoons about 20 actully that I bought from europe via trade and treasure. I won the game first go around and he outnumbered me. I lost one town but I quickly took that back

so whats the beef with folks saying independance is hard, or is more to do with my playing style of always conquering the next person i run across.

Also note i was compelety broke by the endgame but that didnt bother me to much with my army. And I only had 3 frigates and 2 ships of the line for a navy, didnt mess with priveteers, and only had 3 gallons for my 23 colonies I brought up. Also this was a totaly coastal game nothing inland

Some people decided the best strategy was to build lots of bells from turn 1. Then complained when they faced a REF of 1000. ;)

Of course not building bells until you're ready for war means you don't get any of the founding fathers... fortunately Dale's mod has fixed this issue. You can start building bells from turn one.

well no i didnt have many founding fathers, but i still won the game. America did it with 12 that didnt give any bonus's lol

You could still get FF's by building FF points in the colonies. No need to make bells directly.

You could still get FF's by building FF points in the colonies. No need to make bells directly.

That's what I've tried to do in recent AoD2 games: set all my colonies to building FF points (usually political points) as often and as intensively as possible, with only some lead time in the beginning to build my sawmills up, and occasional breaks for specific projects. I find that if at any point I let up on the FF point pressure, the AI nations will grab all the remaning FFs before I can even sneeze.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

Question for the OP: Were you using the latest patch?

I've found the REF far more manageable (and yes... easy on easy) after the latest patch, but I was one of those people who were slaughtered by the REF before the patch.

I won the game first go around and he outnumbered me. I lost one town but I quickly took that back, so whats the beef with folks saying independance is hard, or is more to do with my playing style of always conquering the next person i run across.
Yep, the game is pretty easy, even on Revolutionary, when you discover the power of Dragoons. Enough Dragoons will win any game on any level.. just make sure you've got some fortified soldiers in your coastal cities and you're fine.

Top Bottom