Easy screenshot tool for Civ! ScreenShotAssistant

Definitely cool that it auto-adds the Civ3 game date to the file. I've yet to see any other screenshot utility do that. I just took it for a spin, and have one feature request, though I have no idea how easy/difficult it would be to implement - be able to take a screenshot mid-battle. As it stands right now, a screenshot taken mid-battle shows what appears on the screen after the battle, and this is true of several other screenshot utilities as well. My current go-to screenshot program is ImageShack QuickShot by MTiN, because it can handle mid-battle screenshots. If your program can do that, it would take over as my first-choice screenshot program.

I'm glad you like it.

I recall that issue when I was using it, where it doesn't capture the animation, only the final screen. I think this is due to how they are drawing it and how Windows takes screenshots. Since the behavior of the app is to grab any images it finds in the clipboard, it would be harder to affect that.

However, a feature I did add is a timed screenshot option, where it automatically takes screenshots using a different mechanism. I don't know if this other method would capture the items in motion, but I'll experiment and see. If it does, I should be able to come up with a means of having it triggered on a button push.

Is this issue only occurring in Civ 3, or are there other games you are seeing this in as well?

Maybe it could be altered to include some sort of video capture feature? So real testing on the .flc files can be done? Showing the full flow of the animation might be better than taking a lot of screenshots in quick succession.

Top Bottom