EB Games sent me an email (new ship date)

spicytimothy

Warlord
Just got this from EB Games:

Dear EBgames Customer,

Thanks for pre-ordering from EBgames.com! As an added benefit to placing an in-store pickup order through EBgames.com, we'll keep you informed of ship date changes. We are writing to let you know that the publisher has set a new ship date for Civilization IV COLL ED PC of 10/24/05.

Which means in-store pick up should be available on the 25th afterall!

I'm gonna call in and check with the store later...

I got the same e-mail, and had about ten minutes of difficulty getting back onto this site.

Sudden spike in traffic as thousands of fans log on?

This is the best news all day. I locally pre-ordered a copy here in Minnesota and am hoping to get it tomorrow afternoon. *Crosses Fingers*

I wonder if this applies to Gamestop, they are the same company after all. Whatever, I am going to walk in tomorrow morning and demand my copy, I have paid in full already and I know it's back there somewhere!

I received this as well

Joy-Joy!!

SadExchange said:
This is the best news all day. I locally pre-ordered a copy here in Minnesota and am hoping to get it tomorrow afternoon. *Crosses Fingers*

Where in Minnesota? Saint Paul is where I am located.

See, now why didn't I get this e-mail? They're having problems with my order, I've become pretty convinced that EB is trying to give me a heart attack.

Paranoid Eyes said:
See, now why didn't I get this e-mail? They're having problems with my order, I've become pretty convinced that EB is trying to give me a heart attack.

trying that with me too but all I go was acid reflux lol

Paranoid Eyes said:

I didnt get it either but I have overnight shipping as the method not store pickup as I live in the boodocks.
The order status still says on hold, so I got nervous and called.:crazyeye:

He said thats because they havent charged the CC yet and everything is still ok and it should get throught today.:goodjob:

Paranoid Eyes said:

I don't know if I remembered it correctly but didn't somewhere on the ebgames website says that u have to pre-order the special edition at least 48 hours b4 it comes out?

Paradoxus said:
I didnt get it either but I have overnight shipping as the method not store pickup as I live in the boodocks.
The order status still says on hold, so I got nervous and called.:crazyeye:

He said thats because they havent charged the CC yet and everything is still ok and it should get throught today.:goodjob:

Ah, alright.. Yeah, I got the "on hold" thing too, and I e-mailed them and they said they were processing the order. It made me nervous because of my dubious strategy of having them ship it to my house in the US where my family will then ship it over here to London where I'm living (all this to get the pre-order version), but I can't think of anyway in which that's legally questionable, so it's just me being nervous the day before the game comes out. Ship already! :cry:

Same email, local EB says tomorrow on preorder.

I'm glad, cuz I was about to be pissed if I heard normal version was available today. Calming down...

Top Bottom