Edit of global parameters.xml file not working.

Hi!

As I am completely fresh to modding (started fiddling yesterday.), I have a few question I expect to have realtively easy solutions.

First off, I'm trying to edit the number if tiles a city can claim. The standard setting is a 3 tile radius, I changed this to 5. I also changed the purchase radius to 5, as it too was 3. Obviously.
I also modified the number of free emeneties from 4 to 10 - as I expect the cities will be alot bigger when they can claim more land.
All of these changes were made by editing the .xml file in ModBuddy. I have done nothing more or less. Except creating a back up to the xml-file and putting it elsewhere in my computer.

My problem is that none of these changes come up when I start a new game.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be highly appreciated.

- Ameneon

1. The number of free amenities per city would seem to be controlled by
    Code:
    <Row Name="CITY_AMENITIES_FOR_FREE" Value="1" />
  2. The only place I see with a value of '4' related to amenity is
    Code:
    <Row Name="NATIONAL_PARK_NUM_OTHER_AMENITY_CITIES" Value="4" />
    But this would seem to be for the number of additional cities that are affected by having a National Park.
  3. The city that owns the national park would seem to get the number of amenity specified here
    Code:
    <Row Name="NATIONAL_PARK_AMENITIES_OWNING_CITY" Value="2" />
  4. The only other place I even see AMENITY or AMENITIES mentioned within the GlobalParameters.xml file is here
    Code:
    <Row Name="CITY_POP_PER_AMENITY" Value="2" />
    and with tag-names that are all War Weariness related, and specify amenity losses due to war weariness.
  5. Editing this will probably not have an effect:
    Code:
    <Row Name="CITY_MAX_BUY_PLOT_RANGE" Value="3" />
    • I believe others have already tested this and like in civ5 the value in this tag-name is not actually used by the game's executing software file. It is hard-coded to '3' within the executing DLL file and any changes made in the GlobalParameters.xml file is ignored
  6. I use the phrase "would seem to" instead of "will" because as noted in the previous item some of the values in the game's XML files are not actually used, and the values are hidden and hardcoded within the game's controlling DLL file(s) or in lua files that do map-generation for example with map-related xml-stuff.

Top Bottom