Effect sounds missing

Piruparka

Prince
After several turns I noticed that attacking sounds for example are not playing anymore. This problem only occurs in one certain save, all other saves are ok. Has anybody had this problem yet?

I also have combat and moving sound disappear after couple of turns and need restart to get sound! Im playing game started before latest patch.

Yes I'm also having this problem, and my current game was started after the latest patch was installed.

The game launch sounds and intro screens have perfect volume, but once its on the Main Menu the sound is very low (or muted). I then have to Alt-Tab out to adjust the volume. No problems with recording the game with ShaowPlay (sound/video). I've not tried using my headsets that plug directly into my sound card (currently using USB Headsets with built in drivers), although today I've updated the latest Sound Drivers for my sound card. I'm going to run an integrity check and see if that does anything. This started this week. I didn't experience any problems after the update. Something happened a little afterwards.

Edit Update: After running an integrity check my sound seems to be working properly.

Last edited:
Someone else suggested using debug mode and revealing map, and it worked. Check out the thread in the bugs section.

Is there a way to turn off the reveal to hide foreign units again?

Well, this gives me hope.

I started a GEM TSL Germany game last night. The plan is to build a galley asap and do some testing with the sound bug. The bug occurs when a unit has the side edge of the map in visibility range (for me, it was on the southwest side of Iceland). When this happens, the camera view 'jerks' or 'snaps' quickly. This is, apparently, the sign that the bug has taken effect. For me (at least), the sound didn't actually mute until my next reload. So... I want to test:

1) if the camera jerk will occur 100% of the time I have visibility of the edge of the map, and
2) if the jerk occurs, does it 100% mean a mute will follow.

I predict a lot of reloading in my near future.

I point out that I've circumnavigated the glove many times on GEM prior to the Australian patch. I've settled on Iceland. No problems.

Top Bottom