Elaboration of the point system?

You can't escape your post.. erm i mean past.

What do you do besides adding points and eventually ban people? Do you have a post queue system where people have to get their post viewed by a moderator before it actually gets posted? I have never been bad so I don't know...

If not, is a post queue system a bad idea?

What do you do besides adding points and eventually ban people? Do you have a post queue system where people have to get their post viewed by a moderator before it actually gets posted? I have never been bad so I don't know...

Way too many posts to have a queue system to be effective. So, yes, we just issue infractions, let points accumulate and then ban people.

At several thousand posts a day. No way. For 5 mods to handle all that. Assuming that Lefty is still around.

Unfortunately :-/.

:wallbash:

What? I hate my past, something that I don't like to dabble in or look back at.

Yes. We know. However your not the only one with a less then flawless past, but you keep moaning and *****ing about it. I've done many things in my past that I deeply deeply deeply regret but you don't hear me posting about it. Only thing you can do is learn from it, put it behind you and move on, not complain and moan about it.

Erm could someone look at my points...not quite sure where my current total is coming from...

Only thing you can do is learn from it, put it behind you and move on,
Well I cant! I don't like my past, I regret the things I have done in the past.

Go to your userCP. If you have any current warnings/infractions, they will show up there. They are only visible o you and the mods/admin.
I don't see any warnings/infractions listed but can you tell us how/where exactly they will be displayed?

I'm guessing/hoping that this is all random coincidence.... less than 3 minutes after posting some political satire in the OT forums, my thread was moved to the humour forum. Minutes later I accessed my user CP to search for signs that I had been demerited for my wrongfull posting. I found none, nor did I find any sign that I had none!

While there I decided to update my 'Custom User Title' since I hadn't done that in a while. Through my history here I have changed this title a few times and I remember the day that I learned I had reached the posts required to gain this privelage.

Now I cannot alter my User Title. Multiple attempts using a variety of methods yeild the same result. My title is now stuck on the forum default and I cannot customize it. Is this a result of a change of policy, or have I commited some infraction such as posting in the wrong forum and so have now lost my 'special' privelages??

It would be between your avatar and your sig in your UserCP.

And really, you've already got a thread open for this. Please keep all discussion of that problem there. Keeps the boards neater, you see. ;)

Perfection posted a picture of it here.

Sorry I thought these two threads were distinct. But I guess I understand how they weren't. In this thread I asked a very differant question, but then babbled on to relate an expericance that I did post in other thread. But I thought it all related and was worth including. I guess not. But then I dont understand why the thread I posted in OT was moved either. And I dont understand this point system. So these punitive measures don't really help to make me a better forum citizen cause I dont really get the rules or the punitive system.

I never found a screen resembling Perfections in my user CP. I spent some time but missed it all the same. But I did find it by clicking on my avatar from a forum screen.

I'm guessing/hoping that this is all random coincidence.... less than 3 minutes after posting some political satire in the OT forums, my thread was moved to the humour forum. Minutes later I accessed my user CP to search for signs that I had been demerited for my wrongfull posting. I found none, nor did I find any sign that I had none!

Moving a thread to another forum will not normally result in any sort of warning. If you have no infractions/warnings you will see none. The lack of them showing between your username and signature blocks in your profile means you have none.

While there I decided to update my 'Custom User Title' since I hadn't done that in a while. Through my history here I have changed this title a few times and I remember the day that I learned I had reached the posts required to gain this privelage.

Now I cannot alter my User Title. Multiple attempts using a variety of methods yeild the same result. My title is now stuck on the forum default and I cannot customize it. Is this a result of a change of policy, or have I commited some infraction such as posting in the wrong forum and so have now lost my 'special' privelages??
You should be able to change your user title. The only requirements are 30 posts and 30 days active.

I never found a screen resembling Perfections in my user CP. I spent some time but missed it all the same. But I did find it by clicking on my avatar from a forum screen.

Yes, it is in your user profile screen, not your user CP.

Way too many posts to have a queue system to be effective. So, yes, we just issue infractions, let points accumulate and then ban people.
I know here is made very much posts, but maybe I was not aware of the amount of short term bans.
For a forum of this size, I think here are rather few moderators.

Thanks for the info and help Turner and Duke. My user title
must have been momentarilly fluked. But its back online now.

I agree with Sir Lancelot that there are few moderators relative to this large forum population. The Mods are great and I respect their work and the difficulties they face. From my position of being on the outside looking in, I think they need/deserve more help.

One of the benefits to more moderators would be more Mod threads to help us to better understand new things like the Point System and the moving of OT threads etc.

I propose 5 new mods in OT..

Top Bottom