1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Election!

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by Afforess, Jan 15, 2010.

1. fireclaw722

fireclaw722 Imperial Guard

If the AI has elections too, then I expect to see almost every leaderhead for each civ. :)

2. The Boss

The Boss Chieftain

To Afforess

is this feature dead?
    I regret that, 'couse it was a splendid idea.

3. os79

os79 Deity

Not so much dead as held in reserve. The code is in your AND but invisible until Afforess is ready to release beta test of AND that use elections.

4. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

No. The code is still partially there. I just get so many requests, I have to prioritize the requests in order in which I see most feasible to least. This fell low on the totem pole.

However, I see that LunarMongoogse's Mod has leaders cycling with era's... I will need to look at his code when he releases his mod.

5. zulu9812

zulu9812 The Newbie Nightmare

I think that this is a bad idea. An election every 500 years or so doesn't make sense. Perhaps this could be folded into the existing elections caused by unrest in the Revolutions component, i.e. Democracies are more prone to snap elections.

6. Allan79

Allan79 Warlord

Oh I would love to see this 'mini'mod in AND some day. It sound very very interesting. I hope you find the time for it again Afforress.
    A comment, I see many have commented on the senate and other, no comment on bribing though.. odd. I think option also should have some percussions as well. I think there should be some risk involved in fixing elections. One could be a serious popularity drop if your swindle is discovered, so you are in a bad shape for the next elections.

7. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

Karzai?

8. Allan79

Allan79 Warlord

no one mentioned. on one forgotten! :)

9. Afforess

Not forgotten. I've been incredibly busy, you guys request the galaxy (and I can only deliver the stars...) from me, and Elections would break MP for sure. RevDCM has had some progress on fixing the change player code, but until then, this is a no go.

10. xcrissxcrossx

xcrissxcrossx Prince

Well this should be added if you have any time to spare in my opinion. The years are entirely unrealistic already, and I like this feature.

11. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

I would like to see this soon.:) If it would break MP why not make it an option?

12. Afforess

Actually, the RevDCM have nearly fixed MP, so as soon as RevDCM 2.8 is released, I will work on this again.;)