1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Elector-General's Office

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Nov 29, 2012.

1. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

I second all the nominations posted so far (I was going to nominate you RegentMan but you beat me to it!)

I also would like to nominate 2metra for leader and deputy. Also, if Caledorn really doesn't want the Chief Diplomat position, I'll put my own name in for consideration (don't really want it but we need someone to keep the messages moving along). While I'm at it, I'll also nominate Sommers for Chief Diplomat if he's interested, as I think he would be very good at it.

2. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Yeah, I think we definitely should have polls every time - even if there is no challenger. That would give our leadership an idea about their approval ratings.

Looks like this time we are going to have 2-3 candidates for every office - which is great - but likely also means that nobody may not receive majority first time. Same people being nominated for different jobs can also cause complex conditional voting dilemma, but I think we will sort it out.

I am leaving town soon, will be back Monday, hope it will not be too late for voting.

3. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

BTW, we are at war already and planning more war mongering soon - what about introducing Commander-in-Chief position? I would like to propose that and nominate 2metraninja

4. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

I second the nomination of 2metra as Commander-in-Chief

I cannot accept the Diplomat position right now. I was given more responsibility at work and I am planning a move to a different part of the country... this consumes my RL time. I cant imagine doing hour long chats as Diplomat, its impossible.

I suggest that EVERYONE (im looking at you old friend:):salute:) send nice, sweetly worded PMs to Caledorn begging, ... YES THAT'S RIGHT I SAID BEGGING him to stay on as Diplomat because it's a thankless position... full of constant blame, scant appreciation and neverending, needless second-guessing. I remember (and regret) how I tortured Donsig on team Kaz with my constant undermining... but I learned from it.

Say it with me...

WE WANT CAL! WE WANT CAL! WE WANT CAL!

5. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

I second all nominations, including Yossarian as Chief Diplomat and 2metra as Commander-in-Chief (I like that title suggestion - good one, Maga :)).

6. Sommerswerd

So you second my nomination of Caledorn as Diplomat??

Great so that's decided... done :whew:

7. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

I think the proposed commander-in-chief position is a little ill-defined right now and probably unneccessary. As I see it the the team leader is already commander-in-chief. I want 2Metra to continue as team leader and our chief general.

8. Sommerswerd

:agree:

9. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

That is VERY sneaky editing you did there, as what you wrote in your edit was certainly not present when I wrote what I did. Have you taken lessons from the ninja? :ninja:

I'll promise I'll think about it. :)

10. vranasm

vranasm Deity

I don't really think Caledorn should step down from being chief of diplomats. For what I saw he does great job pulling all other teams by teeth (or something like that :-D not sure what would be the appropriate phrase in English :)).

there was some misunderstanding in the other thread, but that is normal... maybe make it less personal next time (both of you cal and metra)

that's something I really try to avoid in the discussions about tech paths etc :) even if I know we did some... well let's be honest not so optimal decisions (which is clearly seen by the RB advantage they got over us with better optimized play... btw their capital was settle on bananas while i am at it :-D)

11. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

LOL, but their capital is making 125 bpt, where ours is making 200+ right now.

I believe their big advantage is mainly from them being EXP and us not. EXP is just very strong on normal speed. And our capitol so far from being at its maximum...

Also, we were greatly held back by the Zulu war. We just chatted with Bistrita yesterday about this. I will try to get that chat and post it.

12. 2metraninja

Here it is:

13. vranasm

vranasm Deity

I don't really think I want to discuss stronger RB opening and Zulu war here :).

Aside from that it's kinda pointless now. Like we could change the fact that Spain DoWed us and not the other neighbor (which they probably had bigger chance anyway)

14. 2metraninja

Yeah, it belongs in some other thread.

15. tobiasn

tobiasn Warlord

Cal, you should stay on. For realz. Maybe you and Yossa can share more responsibilities? Maybe you can delegate some more? But I hope you reconsider. Very mucho muchly. Kankjedubareforsettedååååååååååkomanigjen!!?

16. Majic

Majic Warlord

ka du styre me?

17. Arkipeller

Arkipeller Ancient of Lore

:lol:

18. tobiasn

tobiasn Warlord

Scandalnavians. ;)

19. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Ska e svare dæ på Ændalsdialekt kanskje? :p

Og jeg visste ikke at du også er norsk, Majic?

But alright, if I get the votes, I'll stay on. I wouldn't have left the team regardless, as I stated in the other thread. :)

:lol:

20. tobiasn

tobiasn Warlord

Yeah, as I read the CP thread I understood what it was all about. And on a serious and not-so-scandinavian-sounding note, I kinda understand your reaction, but I hope you don't confuse disagreement and distrust. As chief diplo person I gather one must convey stuff one don't necessarily agree with some of the time. Apart from one careless remark (norwegian "sleivete kommentar") I haven't seen one single comment that places any distrust on you Cal. So yeah we might want to vote on positions incl yours, but as Yossa and Sommers both signalled that they don't want it, I thing you're the only candidate. :D