1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Elohim Monks

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by jimi12, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Darksaber1

Darksaber1 Secret Emperor

Ye, that's what and who I was thinking of. And it's spelt Oda Nobunaga.
    Edit: Ya, I knew the theme of the event, but I could not remember the detals, since I read about it in a book highly based on the rise of Tokugawa Ieyasu, just with names changed. It's called Shogun, a pretty good read, and most of it's true history. (like I said, names and minor events changed to suit the story).

2. rocklikeafool

rocklikeafool Warmaster

Wow, I learn more history on this forum than I ever did in school.

3. Milosrdenstvi

Milosrdenstvi Chieftain

Well, Japanese history is incredibly complicated. More detailed, twisted, and violent than that of the U.S.A. and England put together, plus it's 10 times as long.

4. bluedevil99

bluedevil99 Warlord

Why not simply replace some of the tier 4 units for the Elohim to civ specific versions that monks can upgrade to? For example, replace Paladin with Grand Master, Immortal with Hierophant, etc.

The issue is one of game balance as well as flavor; since Monks will form a large component of any Elohim fighting force, they are at a disadvantage not being able to upgrade their high level units to T4. But I think the above proposal might address both problems.

5. jimi12

jimi12 Half Jedi

i would think just allowing them to become paladin, druid, eidolon, and high priests would be a simple and agreeable fix. creating a new UU for elohim for monks could upgrade to in addition to the others i already mentioned would be the best solution however.

6. rocklikeafool

rocklikeafool Warmaster

Well, as I've said to others, do it yourself or convince Kael (or any other member of the FfH team) to do it.