ELVIS is the new DOMESTIC ADVISOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Il Mafioso

Chieftain
[UPDATE]
There is a new, final version of elvis, that incorporates many of the tweaks I was asked for. Please read more about it here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7936

and continue the discussion in that thread

I dunno about you, but I was kind of pissed that CivIII's domestic advisor wasn't Elvis. So I told Mary Blandish (my name for the former domestic advisor) to take a hike, and hired the King.

This Mod will NOT affect the game in any way other than stated :D

You will find The King as your domestic advisor. I provided him with appropriate attire for the 4 eras, and of course, just like the built-in advisors Elvis can be Happy, Mad, Sad or Surprised.

Of course Elvis also has his little head on the bar on the left of the advisor screens. Basically after you install these two files, it will be as if The King had come with the game to begin with.

I hope you'll enjoy this as much as I enjoyed creating it.

And yeah, if you look at the pictures they were VERY doctored up in photoshop, and I don't mean just the clothes... I tried my best to make Elvis blend in with the rest of the advisor crowd. Let me know if you think I achieved the goal.

happy Civing!

Alessandro Di Sciascio
adisciascio@hotmail.com

Attached is a chopped up screenshot from the domestic advisor screen... I chopped it so you can see both the far left and the upper right. Of course when the domestic advisor pops up on the map, it'll still be Elvis.

The zip file is currently located here:

www.dialisdn.net/user/adisciascio/civ3/elvishired.zip

it's not that big so for this one I'm not begging the site to post the file on their server, but if they do it might be good just in case my isp dissappears or something :D

Attachments

• elvisfinal.jpg
    elvisfinal.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 987
great!:goodjob: elvis is back

This is another excellent modpack! Excellent wprk, Alessandro. :goodjob:

It's good to know that we can change the apearance of Civ3 fairly easily!

but you forgot that elvis should grow fatter in every age.

I was completely unhappy with ANGRY elvis and not too happy with HAPPY elvis.... so I'm working on modifying them (redoing their clothing for future ages as we speak.

A number of folks here and at Apolyton have mentioned the fact taht Elvis should grow fatter through the ages.

I'm going to see if I can load elvis inside Supergoo and see if that works to modify him... otherwise it would be a LOT of work to fatten him up. I'll try, but no promises, sorry :(

In the meantime here, side by side the new angry elvis and the old one... methinks the new one is much better... it at least *looks* like Elvis :D

Alessandro

Attachments

• newelvis.jpg
    newelvis.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 771
Please continue this discussion in the thread for Elvis v 2.0, I'd rather avoid having to follow two threads.

the new thread is here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7936

The final version of Elvis incorporates most of the changes that users requested.

...moderator if you read this It'd be nice if you could close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom