Embassy to the Amazons

Got this back:

Cav,

We think that exchanging Work Boats by gifting them when they reach each other's territory is a good idea for the reasons you suggested. We would be happy to agree to such a plan.

Also we have noticed a Maverick Work Boat just ahead of ours heading in your direction. If you can sink it we can really keep them isolated for a long time.

-SilCon

I told him about the Merlot galley headed their way.

Can you ask how far ahead or get an exact position from them? We need to plan where to have the Galley and when.

Also you may want to mention that Merlot have a Galley rounding the point near their island for the same reasons.

Let's not agree to sink the Maverick workboat, we do have a treaty with them after all. Maybe CDZ can do it, we know they have a galley.

The Maverick workboat won't matter I think- by the time they get here we should have culture blocking things off. It's the MERLOT workboat that's getting much closer, and I'm not sure we do have a treaty with them. (Do we?)

And anyway their "King" system still gets on my nerves and help I'm being repressed and all that.

We don't have a non-agression pact with Merlot so it's game on with their workboat. Mavs do provide a tricky problem though and I agree that we shouldn't break our NAP with them. Getting CDZ to do it would be better.

Right, and I think I do expect culture - either ours or CDZ, will certainly cut off Mavericks and they won't get all the way to MERLOT- it's MERLOT's workboat who is in the danger zone right now. So again, if our allies are okay with us taking out the MERLOT workboat, that probably solves most problems.

Our culture won't stop them if we have open borders, though CDZ should do the trick.

cav scout, I assume the Amazons are aware that CDZ is in and that they are researching metal casting, correct? We should also make sure we know what they're researching, I think its monarchy but I don't think we know this for sure.

Thinking about sending this:

SilCon,

Just wanted to give you guys the heads up that Mavs are telling us that you are sending 3 galleys our way. Not sure what they are trying to pull.

Anyways, we will be sinking a Merlot workboat in a couple turns to prevent them from meeting the Mavs. If CDZ then sinks the Mav workboat this will prevent them from making contact throught the southern sea lanes. We are hoping you and Sirius can work together to make sure they don't link up via the northern sea lanes.

We think a good technique would be for You and CDZ to take out any Mav boats while Sirius and Quatronia sink any Merlot vessels. This will keep us all at peace with our directly adjacent neighbors.

Techwise we are 5 turns from Calendar.

-Cav

Looks good, maybe elaborate on Maverick's remarks a bit, they said Amazons sent them a cryptic letter.

Yeah, maybe elaborate how the Mavericks are probably trying to hide what they are building & teching (I doubt they are building Pyramids and getting more religious stuff - it's probably Colossus and they are probably after other tech to get back into a race/military if they can).

But it's a good message overall anyway, and we need to be on the same page with our allies regarding workboats and keeping borders secure, so I'm happy with it.

Got this:

Hi Cav,

I wanted to let you know that our workboat has arrived near you and we have been tailing a Maverick workboat. Currently, our workboat is 2E of the floodplains tile that is North of your home island (NE of Clams). The Mavericks workboat is 1E of our workboat, and it may be hidden in the fog. Are you able to intercept it?

How close is the Merlot workboat to the Mavericks workboat? Are you able to intercept the Merlot workboat as well?

One of our workboats has arrived at your island and we can gift it to you as soon as we are able to move inside your borders. The other workboat is in CDZ territory, on its way to you. How far away from our home island are your workboats?

Thanks,

Sommers

Sent this in reply:

Sommers,

Thanks for the note. Just wanted to give you guys the heads up that Mavs are telling us that you are sending 3 galleys our way. They also said that you were being cryptic with them and that they are going for the Pyramids. Not sure what they are trying to pull.

Anyways, we will be sinking a Merlot workboat shortly to prevent them from meeting the Mavs boat. If CDZ then sinks the Mav workboat this will prevent them from making contact through the southern sea lanes. We are hoping you and Sirius can work together to make sure they don't link up via the northern sea lanes.

We think a good technique would be for You and CDZ to take out any Mav boats while Sirius and Quatronia sink any Merlot vessels. This will keep us all at peace with our directly adjacent neighbors.

Techwise we are a 3 turns from Calendar.

-Cav

Got this back from Sommers:

Hey Cav,

Your plan to alternate which boats are attacked by whom seems wise and fair. Have you already let Sirius and CDZ know about this? Have they already agreed to it?

Mavericks have been doing a lot of whipping lately. Do you have any info from them on what they have been whipping?

It's probably obvious to you that they are lying about us sending Galleys towards you, but we just want to let you know directly that this is not true. First of all who has time to build three Galleys? And for what? Nobody can invade anyone's home island anyway without Navigation.

Speaking of lies, Mavericks just told us that they had a secret treaty with the Q, but they couldn't divulge all of the details. They also claimed to have tech trade deals with you. What is contradictory about all this, is that they also keep claiming in separate letters that the Q are ignoring them, and that overall you have been impossible to deal with. We suggested that they should give you better and more important info to foster a friendship.

Speaking of tech trades, the Mavericks claim to be going for Machinery, and they are looking to trade it away, although they may just be trying to figure out who is after Metal Casting. We told them we didn't want Metal Casting, but we were interested in Machinery

Last but not least, we will get Monarchy right after you get Calendar. What are you going for after Calendar?

-Sommers

I plan to send this if no one objects:

Secret treaty? Oh those silly rabbits :lol: I can't blame them for trying to get back into the game though.

Just so you know, we've rebuffed or ignored all their trade proposals. Their most recent one to us is an offer of Machinery also. But we won't be leaving the ETTT for a single tech so they are out of luck.

The only deals we have with them are open borders and a NAP til turn 100 (which we agreed to right after meeting them and before we made contact with you guys). So we don't really want to kill their boat and go back on our word. Hopefully CDZ will step up though and stop them. They have a city that will culturally block the Mavs, so the Mavs would have to be the ones who DoW. We are sending a note to them to explain the situation. And we've already briefly touched base with Sirius about preventing Mav-Merlot link-up.

We will finish Calendar in a few turns and then do Compass to hook up our UB. What are you guys going for?

Message sounds great all around. Mavericks are being quite annoying with their messages but it's understandable, they probably realize the situation.

The Amazons wanted an update on our workboats which I gave them. They already have a city on the mainland which both of our boats should reach around the same time. I told them we will have a city for their boats shortly.

We need to nut out the details for the exchange. How close are the two Amazon WBs? The exchange should be made on the same turn for fairness to both civs. Do we have time to sail the Rio Grande up the inlet and gift The Ganges in the first exchange? It would also be reasonable to understand the DoW with Merlot.

Yeah, we probably need coordinate something along those lines. However I'm not ultimately too worried if we exchange workboats at the same time - for their workboats coming to us I think the answer is they gifted right by the city Resonance when we found it (no need to sail to our home waters anyway, we have no seafood resources there.) And when/however they want the boats from us to them is okay by me.

As for MERLOT, it probably would be good to find out exactly what is going on. Their last message certainly seemed to impart that the arrangement of us+Sirius vs. MERLOT and AMAZONs+CDZ against Mavs would work, so I am guessing that MERLOT perhaps were the ones who got angry and declared war. Still, we can try to sort things out and if we can get peace with MERLOT for a while that would be great too - if only because, as we've mentioned/discussed elsewhere, being at war will continue to split up the turn timer weirdly, and that will get annoying for all teams, having more limited time to move. Since the war with MERLOT isn't actually a real war going anywhere now (well, maybe AMAZONs/Sirius still need to clear MERLOT workboats, but that'll be a few turns) we could try to spare some hassle.

They will be ready to do the first boat swap shortly so they want the Rio Grande to go NW to get into their culture.

Sommerswerd said:
Three things... Rio Grande should move NW into the borders of our city Myrine. Second, I thought Merlot had a Galley in front of Rio Grande? Do you know where the Galley went? And third, we are teching Theology... We have Monarchy now, whenever you need it.

My Reply:
We lost contact with that Merlot galley a while back, we think it might be back in their waters on ferry duty or something. Oh and you guys are at war with them now? Did they attack you?

We are doing Compass and can give you Calendar any time.

So they'll be getting Christianity. It would probably be best to coordinate with the ETTT so Sirius and CDZ get CoL and philosophy, so that's one religion each. If someone gets greedy and goes for two, that would break up the alliance pretty quickly.

Amazon will now be confined to the first half of the turn, like us. They might have DoWed in order to protect our workboat from their galley, so they might be annoyed over the miscommunication. Still, that would be their fault for the unnecessary war.

Top Bottom