Embassy with Anarchie

I agree that we need to keep communicating and not let our friends wait too long. I think Calis has a good feel for the opinions of the team and should take the initiative when necessary.

And another short note from Anarchie...

P.P.S.: I forgot to tell you that right before our breakup, the Knights were planning to research map making after the republic and thought that they would get it very quickly after you or the kitchen gets it. Although there is no guarantee that the Knights stick to this plan, you or the Küche might want to research something else or slow down you own research. For some reason the Knights seem to think that map making is extremely important. :dunno:

"Although there is no guarantee that the Knights stick to this plan, you or the Küche might want to research something else or slow down you own research."

Why would we want to research something else or slow down our research? Doesn't sound right.

EDIT: A slight advantage would be lessening any discount the Brotherhood might get researching MM. But lessening this discount is by far exceeded by the advantage of us getting MM quicky, now that we've started it. Hopefully, we won't have to go into our GA in depotism.

I think Calis has a good feel for the opinions of the team and should take the initiative when necessary.

Yeah, but does the team have a good feel for the game. In our State of the Union thread, we have seen 1 pic all month. We seem to be blindly following Anarchie because of our feelings toward the Brotherhood. Now we are forking over all of our information from the Anarchie to the Kitchen. We are being bombarded by communication, rushed by our opponents, and responding without discussion.

We are leaning away from a democracy...

For the decision regarding Anarchy, Kueche needs to be as well informed as we, as it is a common decision.

I think we won't build many dromons until after we get republic anyways, then we'll go on a binge of dromon building. But that's a good point, if we build any, we need to avoid any Brotherhood suicide boats very carefully.

Passing on those messages was necessary, but I think I understand Cyc's point. These are difficult negotiations, I think we should come up with more definite goals and a plan to achieve those goals, that way we can act faster diplomatically. We need to decide if we want a 3 vs. 1 against the Brotherhood or just a fair fight between Anarchie and the Brotherhood. We should also consider accepting the Brotherhood's offer (receive their techs) and betray them (forming a 3 vs.1). That would be fun. Here are a few thoughts on 3 vs. 1 or 2 vs. 1 vs. 1:

3 vs. 1:
  • Much, much easier to pull of diplomatically. All we need to do is accept Anarchie's proposal.
  • The war will not be too difficult
  • It is unlikely that the diplomatic situation will change until the Brotherhood is defeated.
  • If we coordinate effectively with Kuche and stick with them until the end, we should be able to take down Anarchy, as they won't be as productive as our combined cores.
  • Conversely, if that doesn't work, we face a strong Anarchy and equal Kuche.
  • We get to burn the Brotherhood's stuff (maybe even betray them once or twice).

2 vs. 1 vs. 1
  • Requires complicated diplomatic moves. We'd need one of the teams (likely Anarchie) to think they are part of a 3 vs. 1 so they don't go back to the other.
  • No clear winner on the other continent should emerge, so we should be able to take them both on at once.
  • We end up on a mostly even footing with Kuche to fight it out for the win.
  • The other two could ally at any point and put us back to a 2 vs. 2 situation.

I'm liking the 3 vs. 1 option here, with the caveat that we hold off if the Brotherhood starts losing badly (until we can invade them both that is). Besides, we basically need one team to know they are part of a 3 vs. 1 or they will put their differences behind them.

We need to tell something to Anarchie. They have been waiting for info for several days now.

I just wrote this very short note:

Just to inform you. We are not ignoring you guys. We will have something for you very soon.

Thank you, Calis. I'll try to put something together later.

Citizen participation seems to be dropping.

Proposed proposal to the Anarchie:

We have become aware of an opportunity for a three way tech agreement, linking our continent with yours. In agreement with your proposed three way tech agreement, Eagles feel that forming a tech alliance for a period of time (perhaps until the Brotherhood loses its technological lead) would be beneficial to the Anarchie, the Kitchen, and Eagles equitably.

Below is the initial proposal to use as the guidelines of this agreement. It has been drawn up by the Kitchen and presented to us. We present it to you. It's possible you understand this proposal format a little better than we do, as we are working its details out now.

Please feel free to comment, ask questions, or make counter proposals. This agreement may be tweaked, although it does seem a bit airtight.

Thanks,
Ambassador Cyc

If this meets with your approval, I can post it later tonight. I can also replace that image with the last small paragraph removed.

Attachments

• Kitchen Tri Tip.gif
    Kitchen Tri Tip.gif
    33.5 KB · Views: 83
Aye. But take out the last paragraph, no need for it.

In two turns we will finish Map Making. Thus, we need Maths to continue with Construction. I do not know whether Anarchie already have Maths, but I doubt it.

Just posted it. My name now appears on all three Embassies.

In two turns we will finish Map Making. Thus, we need Maths to continue with Construction. I do not know whether Anarchie already have Maths, but I doubt it.

I believe the Anarchie posted this this two turns ago....

We do want to trade techs with you. We guarantee that we are willing to provide you with any technological advances we have. Right now that is literature, and mathematics in a couple of turns. After that we are quite able to research currency or even construction without slowing down your own research plans (although we will need some military techs first). We also offer you our free tech, but we know, that our free techs may be the same.

OK, after I posted what is in post 70 above, Loki replied with this,

This is not a teampost, but i want to explain the table and commenting one or two points.

The Küche has taken the techs that are left for anyone in the ancient times(without CoL).

They added their basis Tech cost and reached a value of 3000 points.
Then they take the techs already known(or working on) by a team to their givings. And
after that they add the missing Techs.

After this addition they get a value of 1225, we get a value of 975 and you of 800.
After that they added 125 for you(col) and reduced their value by 125.
The rest ist equaled do the payment of money.

It is a quite a fair way to do so. I appreciate this.

I think we should work on it in detail.
In my oppinion, we should reduce the value for republic, because it is for sure, they will get it cheaper, because the knights mastered it.
This would reduce our and your payment to Küche by about 40 Gold.

The Küche takes out the CoL, which is not in our best interest, we also could trade it in this deal. But this won't be a great point. Perhaps your teams could pay for building up an embassy or something like that.

This was followed by d7's reply,

Well, we couldn't really sell Code of Law, because we are not allowed to pass it to the Eagles and the Küche. Even if the Knights have illegally terminated that contract, I wouldn't sell Code of Law anyway.

--

I also agree that the proposal is fair, but I think cheaper techs that the Knights already have should be taken into account like this:

1. The republic costs 583 beakers instead of 700 and is shared among three teams.
2. Code of Law has cost 208 beakers instead of 250 and is shared among two teams (although that part of the calculation does not affect the Anarchie at all).

So I get the following amounts of gold to transfer:

Anarchie -> Küche: 44 1/3 Gold
Küche -> Eagles: 1 1/3 Gold
Eagles -> Anarchie: 58 1/3 Gold

(or to simplify the process, the Eagles pay 14 gold to the Anarchie and 43 gold to the Küche).

As we are sure that we will come to an agreement about the research alliance shortly:

1. We will send you literature this turn (please pass it to the Küche).
2. We need the warrior code immediately to begin researching horseback riding as we have completed mathematics this turn and can not select horseback riding as the next project.

Followed by Loki,

Its confusing 117 is perfectly 39*3, where you get the 1/3?

But the simplified version fits.

Top Bottom