Embassy with Anarchie

And the immediate answer from d7...

"I got my numbers from a table we have in our internal forum, but that may be slightly wrong; I really don't care about plus or minus ten beakers.

--

Regarding reduced tech costs if the Knights have something before one of us can research it: The amount that a tech gets cheaper should simply be shared beween us, maybe the party that researched it keeps 50% of the savings and sends 25% each to the others (as a small compensation for the loss of the chance for an SGL).

To stick with justanicks example: Instead of 500 beakers you would spend 475 + 5 beakers (or maybe +2 or +3 or whatever). So of the 20 saved gold pieces you'd keep 10 for yourself and give 5 to the partners."

On what d7 said about reduced tech costs -

I'm not sure justanick was talking in those terms. I believe he meant that we may have already put 475 beakers into a 500 beakers tech, but that the true cost was reduced below the amount we had already put into it, because the BH had finished researching it.

I don't like the idea of sharing saved costs. Like I just said, sometimes we may spend more than was actually required, so saved costs will balance out. d7's suggestion would just be more bureaucracy.

But overall, it does sound balanced. In terms of the costs stated in the Kitchen's original proposal, The Kitchen would have spent 49, we would have spent 42 (to the Kitchen, 32 to Anarchy, because of CoL), and Anarchy 39.

The Kitchen is being politely generous in reducing our debt by 125g. In actuality, they would owe us a slight amount, but that's squabbling over a nominal amount. The offered an easy answer, we can afford 17g over time. The difference in trade units would be 3. Their 49 to our 52. Their proposed number reflects the fact that they think we researched CoL for 508 beakers, when we think it was 514 beakers. Not a big deal.

So, I would now support the Kitchen deal. Simplifying it to us paying the Kitchen 75 gold and the Anarchy paying the Kitchen 25 gold.

A response from Loki...

"The values of justanick may be more accurate. We can change to them. I testet them for Republik.

I wouldn't like to complicate the contract. I do not expect the knights beeing first in any other tech. If one team invests are lower than planned it may participate the other teams on the savings.
We can put this simple sentence or anything like it in the contract, but for this hand full dollars, i do not need the sentence.
We really shouldn't discuss any theoretical case. We should concentrate on discovering the techs."

I just posted this in the Anarchy Embassy....

"Thank you for Literature. As you know by now, we have sent Warrior Code. As our discussion leads us away from your counter-proposal and back to the orignal proposal, it would appear that if we send our payment for you to the Kitchen, you will only owe them 25g. In total, we would be paying the Kitchen 75 gold. At least those are the amount under discussion. Maybe you can send the 25g to the Kitchen this turn."

Do they have contact by now?

Good point. I forgot about that. Hmmm. We could pay the Kitchen the full 100 (over time) and the Anarchy could send US their 25 gold.

We could send the Kitchen Anarchie's 25 gold and set up some kind of gpt deal for the rest. How does that sound?

Post by d7 about 2.5 hours ago.
09:57

"1. We agree to these terms.

2. We'll send you 25 gold this turn; please pass it to the Küche.

3. If the Küche agrees, would you trade contact between them and us to the Küche? This is possible with writing and would save us all a lot of tedious cross forum discussions.

4. Once we have contact, I'll ask our referee to create a three way embassy to simplify the communication about our tech alliance."

Posted by Loki 5 minutes later...

D7, We do not have 25 Bugs, how do you want to transfer them?

And i can't believe that the küche is realy hard boiled and persists on the full price of Republic. I assume them to be fair and willing to participate the other teams.

x-Post:
Spoiler :
I do think it's quite fair to use the cheaper values for republic and col.
It would be:

You send 8 Gold to us.
And you send 64 to Küche.

As we mentioned, we do not need to count on the coin, you may send us nothing.

Needless to say, if we can speed up republic, we can send a loan to Küche as soon as we have contact. Or we can send it to you, so that you can transfer it.

Everybody wss gung-ho for making this deal, except me. Now I am the only one involved. I guess I'll just put this on hold until the people who really wanted this tech alliance take care of it. Thanks.

I don't really care either way, let's trade contacts so Anarchie and Kuche can discuss it. It's just a few gold, as long as it doesn't slow down our research too much (we can accumulate gold as we wait on other teams).

I think it is worth making the deal, but Kuche and Anarchie have to agree on gold amounts. I'd still prefer not to trade contacts, or, at the very least, get something for the contact.

Everybody wss gung-ho for making this deal, except me. Now I am the only one involved. I guess I'll just put this on hold until the people who really wanted this tech alliance take care of it. Thanks.

HEY! Sometimes you have to go with team decisions. What's that about now? You remember telling me not to be touchy? Go ahead, pal..

My point was not that you err'd in going for the alliance, my point was that now that everyone voiced their opinion, no one is talking. It's like when everyone wants to play chicken and race their cars to the edge of the cliff and the last one to stop is the winner. But in reality, no one even gets in their car, they never wanted to play in the first place. But the event is already setup and the crowd awaits....

Don't take this so personal, Calis. You have been one of the few (very few) to even post.
Quit being so touchy... :lol:

One of the reasons I didn't like the last DemoGame much was because it turned into the Cyc DemoGame. I don't want that. This should be a team effort. We got into this alliance by people on the team expressing their opinion. Now where are they?

Well the problems we were working on got a lot less interesting, from deciding something that would impact the rest of the game to haggling over a few gold. Maybe I'll sign up at CiFo one of these days to help you in the embassies.

Actually I think we should just side with Kuche, let them have a few gold and make sure our alliance is strong. Anarchie will take what they can get. As for trading maps and contacts, we could probably get some gold taken off our debts, since we did the exploring.

The latest from the Anarchie Embassy... looks like they want weapons and men from us....

"More bad news from our continent: Despite the nonaggression pact that has never been terminated (with 30 turns period of notice), the Knights are directly threatening us to attack a city and a settler if we do not comply to their demands for land. We are in a very difficult situation at the moment; out settler mas moved to a tile directly next to a warrior of the knights. Furthermore they had a warrior near our territory two turns ago, and trusting that they had al least a tiny bit of honour left, allowed them to move the warrior home through our territory. Now that he lingers beside our unprotected city they make further demands for land while they have moved their troops to occupy the lands that they had already promised to us.

Business as usual."

Yup, the original plan starts to kick in. Orville Redenbacker for all.....

Cool. They'll probably give in to the Knights though. Will buy them some (limited) time.

The BH is in a pretty tough spot now. My prediction is that they'll finish expansion, try to knock out Anarchie quickly, and then try to invade our continent. The original plan (according to Anarchie) of joining forces and invading us in the early MA seems very unlikely now. And the BH can't just sit there and do nothing as their advantage slips away.

Well nothing we can do except advise Anarchie to build military, which I think is fairly obvious. They can give in to the Brotherhood since they will be taking that land either way. Do our curraghs have enough deck chairs for everybody?

Top Bottom