Embassy with "Die Küche"

Maybe - so we should make no firm agreements beyond the exchanging of Chivalry and Theology.

Trying to plan ahead... we have a luxury trade with Kuche going until turn 131. Unless someone is dominating the other continent, I think that soon after that, we will want to attack Kuche and take control of our continent. 40 turns is probably not enough to reach military tradition (and we don't even know if we will have saltpeter), so I guess Chivalry will be useful to us anyway. Of course, it would be better if we could research it on our own later and not be obligated to sell it away, but we can't have everything. Since I think we will be the aggressors in the war, the speed of knights should be good for us.

I agree with your proposal.

I think we have a reasonable chance of reaching Military Tradition by turn 131. Following our massive worker merge on around turn 112, I think we may be able to do 4-turn research for a while. If not when we start the war, then soon after we start our Golden Age, we will have the ability to make cavalry (assuming we have saltpeter).

I think we have a reasonable chance of reaching Military Tradition by turn 131. Following our massive worker merge on around turn 112, I think we may be able to do 4-turn research for a while. If not when we start the war, then soon after we start our Golden Age, we will have the ability to make cavalry (assuming we have saltpeter).

Excellent :goodjob:

So which research path do you propose? First Education, or a more bee-line path to MT? I think, our 100 shield universities would be a great help.

They would be, but I don't know how the timing will work out. Anarchie won't complete Theology until around 105. If we do Education next, then presumably they will want to start on Invention, and it will likely take them another 15 turns which is way too long if we want MT by 131 or so.

I guess if we want MT on 131, then we need Kuche to start Invention as soon as we finish Feudalism, but we have to be careful to avoid long-term deals.

Chivalry is already included in our original tech agreement, so unless Kuche changes their mind about that, we are stuck. Maybe part 2 of our agreement should be we provide Education, Anarchie provides Theology, and Kuche provides Invention. Part 3 is we drop Kuche and race to MT.

As I mentioned in the strategy thread, I think we should tell Kuche that we (and Anarchie) don't see a need for Chivaly and think we should focus our research elsewhere. We should not say we will not do it as that would give them an excuse to research Chivalry themselves and give them an excuse to attack us (we broke a deal).

Proposal:

Dear Cotta,

Thank you for the payments we received so far. We appreciate it very much.

With our most recent letter we pointed out that at this moment we see no need for Chivalry. (And we think you should not regret this ;) ). The same is true for Anarchie. So right now we would prefer to follow some different path.

We sincerely hope for your understanding concerning this decision.

And we surely are very cautious regarding the situation on the other continent.

Calis of the Flock

Looks good.

From Kueche:

Dear Calis of the Flock,

if both you and Anarchie have no need for Chivalry at the moment it may be appropriate that Küche will research this technology. Then it will take a bit longer until it is available. But as none of the three parties has a need for it soon this mean no disadvantage at all.

Best wishes - Cotta, the flavour enhancer

Yeah, right. :lmao: :rotfl:
In other words ~ If none of the three parties concerned has any need for Chivalry, then the Kitchen will go out of it's way to research this dead-end tech (even though it will take us a long time), just so we can say we did it.... Isn't that nice of us? :D

I guess it wouldn't do much good for me to explain then. :(

:lol:

Well, that's not the best message they could send us. Me thinks they might be China. Either that, or they are really trying too hard to make us think that.

From Kueche:

Dear Eagles,

by now we have transfered an amount of 300 gold. If Küche will research Chivalry (800), this will reduce our debts by 800 gold. So we will only have to transfer another 6 gold in 590 BC. When will we be able to begin our work at Chivalry?

Best wishes - Cotta, the flavour enhancer

Um... what? I believe that if we just take Chivalry out of the agreement, then Kuche's debt to us is reduced by 267 gold (1/3 the price of Chivalry). If we are somehow forced to buy Chivalry from Kuche, then we have to pay them 267 for it reducing their debt to us by 267 and increasing our debt to them by 267 for a total change of 534. There is no way their debt is magically reduced by 800.

They can expect it the same time Anarchie can.

Tell them not to waste important time on a tech that no one wants. That we will not be bound to a gold payment decided on outside of the original agreement that was deemed neccessary by only one tribe. The Kitchen understands the importance of Chivalry to the other two tribes, therefore we should just move on to other paths. If they feel they absolutely need Chivalry, they can research it their spare time. Otherwise, they do not have the spirit of the Tri-Alliance in mind and must eat the cost of their independent studies.

And in Chamnix's last example, our debt or their debt would change, not both.

I don't think there is a need to be argumentative with them. I think a simple note explaining that since we are not researching Chivalry, then their debt to us is only reduced by 267 (not 800). They are free to research Chivalry if they want.

Proposed note:

Dear Cotta,

We are well aware that your profession is cooking and not maths, but regarding your statement that your debt is reduced by 800 we do not agree with you.

Can you explain from your point of view why self researching Chivalry reduces your dept by 800? We think it reduces your debt by 267 gold, which is 1/3 of the actual beaker cost for Chivalry.

Top Bottom