[NFP] emigration and loss of loyalty for the distance from the capital

David Zanotto

Chieftain
good morning. I am passionate about civilization, I played them all. I have some ideas about changes that I would like to be added. I am a little poor with English, I often rely on google translator. I hope some developers see this post and introduce these ideas.

emigration
the population is not of a state. the population should not grow only due to the presence of food. Culture is also a source of attraction. In civ6 civilizations lose their cities due to the culture of neighboring civilizations. But it should be the population fleeing the cities to go to the most attractive civilizations. Here authoritarian regimes could prevent this process, but paying a price in happiness and risking a rebellion.

loss of loyalty for the distance from the capital
Cities so far from the capital, they should lose their loyalty, even if they are not close to other civilizations. This can be reduced with roads, railways, trade routes, the common religion, the presence of troops, with more decentralized governments. This principle should also apply to units. A soldier who ventures into the desert should lose life a little at a time. A non-religious unit, which moves too far from the cities, should get lost, it could even move on to another civilization (except in cases of war). This of course will always be less time.

I like the idea of emigration. It would be cool to just loose population instead of entire cities. I'd suggest some aggregate metric that causes a civ to loose a population to another civ and then that population should be taken from a city with the lowest amenity score and added to the city with the highest amenity score in the civ to which it is emigrating.

Cool idea.

Top Bottom