Emigration

just a heads up you might want to post this on front page. this mod and the city expansion mod of howards aren't compatible with each other.

just a heads up you might want to post this on front page. this mod and the city expansion mod of howards aren't compatible with each other.

They are. I've played with both of them at once. They both change some city view lua file but neither of these changes are critical. The emigration city view has shows prosperity but we don't really need to know that. The city expansion city view just automatically selects buy a tile. Even without that file, you can still select buy a tile yourself and buy one for 0 gold.

Hi killmeplease,

I love your mod but I think it has little balance issues... ;)

In my last game when I was testing Emigration among the other mods (standard map, 12 civs) the modded AI civ, Tuscany, managed to achieve SEVENTY CITIZENS in its capital, FORTY SIX in their second city and FORTY in third. To compare, secong biggest capital in the entire map, mine city, had 30 citizens. Basically every few turns new citizen arrived to Florence, whole world could do nothing about it, and Tuscany grow insanely overpowered. I had over 50 happiness and my citizens still emigrated to this runaway, and this is my second gameplay with this mod in which one civ gets legions of immigrants for the entire game ;/

Is it normal?

Hi Killmeplease

Just tried v5 after a long pause from CivV.

With no other mods I get the following in lua.log
Spoiler :
[4076.306] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(12)
[4076.306] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryTerrain].DisplayList
[4076.321] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(1)
[4076.321] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryHomePage].DisplayList
[4076.415] Syntax Error: D:\Dokumenter\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Emigration (v 5)\Lua\ScriptDataUtils.lua:89: chunk has too many syntax levels
[4076.446] Syntax Error: D:\Dokumenter\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Emigration (v 5)\Lua\ScriptDataUtils.lua:89: chunk has too many syntax levels
[4076.571] Tutorial: Loaded Additional Tutorial checks - Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Tutorial\Lua\TutorialInclude_Expansion2.lua
[4076.571] Tutorial: Loaded Additional Tutorial checks - Assets\DLC\Expansion\Tutorial\lua\TutorialInclude_Expansion1.lua
[4076.618] Syntax Error: D:\Dokumenter\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Emigration (v 5)\Lua\ScriptDataUtils.lua:89: chunk has too many syntax levels
[4076.961] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmImprovementRebuildPopup.lua
[4076.961] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\DeclareWarMovePopup.lua
[4076.961] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\PuppetCityPopup.lua
[4076.961] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\DeclareWarPlunderTradeRoutePopup.lua
[4076.961] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\DeclareWarRangeStrikePopup.lua
[4076.961] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmImprovementRebuildPopup.lua
[4076.961] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\NetworkKickedPopup.lua
[4076.961] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\CityPlotManagementPopup.lua
[4076.961] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmCommandPopup.lua
[4076.961] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\MinorCivEnterTerritoryPopup.lua
[4076.961] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\LiberateMinorPopup.lua
[4076.961] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ReturnCivilianPopup.lua
[4076.961] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\AnnexCityPopup.lua
[4076.961] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\DeclareWarMovePopup.lua
[4076.961] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\BarbarianRansomPopup.lua
[4076.961] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmGiftPopup.lua
[4076.961] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmCityTaskPopup.lua
[4076.961] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\PuppetCityPopup.lua
[4076.961] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\DeclareWarRangeStrikePopup.lua
[4076.961] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmPolicyBranchPopup.lua
[4076.961] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\MinorCivGoldPopup.lua
[4077.070] EconomicGeneralInfo: Total Units - 2
[4077.070] EconomicGeneralInfo: Maint Free Units - 0
[4077.070] EconomicGeneralInfo: Paid Units - 2
[4077.070] EconomicGeneralInfo: Total Units - 2
[4077.070] EconomicGeneralInfo: Maint Free Units - 0
[4077.070] EconomicGeneralInfo: Paid Units - 2
[4077.273] ChoosePantheonPopup: 60
[4077.273] ChoosePantheonPopup: 963
[4077.273] ChoosePantheonPopup: 1023
[4077.335] ChooseIdeologyPopup: 60
[4077.335] ChooseIdeologyPopup: 963
[4077.335] ChooseIdeologyPopup: 1023
[4077.585] AdvisorInfoPopup: Closing Advisor Info
[4077.585] Demographics: Dequeuing demographics
[4077.585] Demographics: Dequeuing demographics

Hope you can fix this as I had been looking forward to playing with the emigration mod again :undecide:

\Skodkim

Hi killmeplease,

I love your mod but I think it has little balance issues... ;)

In my last game when I was testing Emigration among the other mods (standard map, 12 civs) the modded AI civ, Tuscany, managed to achieve SEVENTY CITIZENS in its capital, FORTY SIX in their second city and FORTY in third. To compare, secong biggest capital in the entire map, mine city, had 30 citizens. Basically every few turns new citizen arrived to Florence, whole world could do nothing about it, and Tuscany grow insanely overpowered. I had over 50 happiness and my citizens still emigrated to this runaway, and this is my second gameplay with this mod in which one civ gets legions of immigrants for the entire game ;/

Is it normal?

do you play huge maps?
i play small for most... and so the mod was balanced for smaller maps
and theoretically such big cities are unlikely as in v5 theres a pop size penalty to prosperity rating. maybe it should be made to be exponential not linear

do you play huge maps?
i play small for most... and so the mod was balanced for smaller maps
and theoretically such big cities are unlikely as in v5 theres a pop size penalty to prosperity rating. maybe it should be made to be exponential not linear

It was on normal map size :D

Unfortunately I don't have screenshoots nor saves of that extreme capital, but instead, look at Kandahar

Spoiler :

(warning, 64 BC in the calendar is bugged here, still - by the end of the game Kandahar had over 50 citizens while other capitals less than 20 - and no, I didn't use mods that could unbalance Emigration so much :D )

Of course Durrani, modded civ of Kandahar and Kabul, completely dominated this game :p
Maybe I will change XML emigration - delay from 12 turns to 24 turns...

Still, awesome mod ;)

I really like the idea of this mod, but I had an issue when I was playing it... I kept having citizens come to my cities, which helped me expand quickly... But they also broke right through my food cap... A city went from 2 population to 7 in a matter of a few turns and would starve, since it only had one or two buildings by that point.

My suggestion: Maybe an Immigration Office? You can't control your citizens leaving, but you could choose to accept or deny citizens trying to come to you. Maybe throwing it in the tech tree around Renaissance? Just a thought.

Is there any way to modify something in mod files in order to decrease emigration? In my last game as Netherlans I managed to have big happiness while most of the world was unhappy, which resulted in
68 citizens capital
~40 citizens in five other cities

Well, it was OP :D

EDIT
Doesn't matter, I found the proper XML file. Customization of this mod is cool ;)

Congratulations on the mod, its really great, however, there seems to be a problem when using this coupled with the Enhanced User Interface Mod (v1.8). You cannot choose production when using both. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Have anyone try Emigration with EUI 1.20 yet ?

It seems Emigration cant work along with EUI 1.20

So, I've been attempting to merge this with EUI's files, and I've mostly been successful. I was able to get the Local Happiness and Prosperity to show up and function in the EUI cityview, and I was able to get the notifications to function completely with EUI's notificationpanel... except that the notifications would return at the start of every turn. It's fully functional, but the everlasting notifications are a bit annoying.

Here's what I've got so far, if anyone wants it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kewpjrsvu36cjca/EUI v1.21beta1 - Emigration V5 - MERGE - V1beta.rar

If anyone knows how to fix the notifications, that would be awesome.

Please forgive me two things.My weak English skills.And no knowledge where what to write, here were a little getting lost.I have 50 years so I think that you'll forgive me.

Description of the problem
I would like to use the two mods as in the title, but unfortunately I can not.
City-State Diplomacy Mod block information mod Emigration

Link to information on the Emigration mod with pictures

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...ext=emigration

Link to information on the City-State Diplomacy Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...+Diplomacy+Mod

Someone can tell me whether you can fix it?...or just to say goodbye to one of these mod....
someone will help me?

I don't know if you thought about this but what about adding restrictions/ benifits on open and closed borders with other countries. Or an imigration office so you don't get swamped by population spikes

Top Bottom