Emperor Cookbook III -- Kublai Kahn

Yeap, that stack is scarry... I tryed to attack it with the kelshiks but couldn't destroyed it. Most HAs withdrawed but it only remained an elephant defending... :( The greek cats were mostly gone though.

I played on my save a few turns.

In terms of Alex stack. I moved my troops to the forest. He put all his troops in the city taking Babylon. 2 turns later i took it back losing 1 phant and 2 uu. The bad news was Zaqob came back with a stack of phants/horses and other units (6-7 units) and attacked Akkad the turn after i wiped out Alex stack.

All in all should of just given yaob Akkad for peace.

All in all this was going horribly wrong. :lol::lol:

if only i had built 3-5 more of the UU before my dow. ;)

Yeap, that stack is scarry... I tryed to attack it with the kelshiks but couldn't destroyed it. Most HAs withdrawed but it only remained an elephant defending... :( The greek cats were mostly gone though.

Yep you needed to let him take babylon then his troops have 0% defence bonus. ;)

I whipped a xbow and few other units before he took it.

very simple criteria- i have no wish to take Akkad third round in row.

So:
1.-Chromiu
2.-Gumbolt [although it might be unkeepable.]
3.--------

very simple criteria- i have no wish to take Akkad third round in row.

:lol: go cultural! (Babylone, Karakoum, belbashik). With some bribes to keep Alex busy, it might be doable :p

Well, I am a little late for this--but I think its time to determine the winner!

My vote:

Soirana - Great rush!
RRRaskolnikov - Mmm... wonders...
RJM - same...

So, with my vote, here is the final tally:

Soirana - 14
Chromium - 11
RRRaskolnikov - 6
Gumbolt - 2
RJM - 2

So that makes Soirana the winner! Congratulations!! Here is the link to the save.

We will play the next round through 1400 AD. Saves will need to be submitted by Sunday the 25th.

Anyone new who wants to jump in for the next round is welcome!

@RRR
Good tip for Alex/Hami.

To be fair i rushed through the last round as i was busy with other games. I think it might have showed? ;)

Looking forward to the next round :)

I think Soirana save left us in best stead. 25th Jan is a tough deadline for me. Thats 3 days time. :eek:

I am up to 1310ad. I will complete this tomorrow.

Spoiler :

To date the biggest issue was yaqob and borders. Now we cant have a third round retaking Akkad so I wont let that happen.

I went for philosphy then engineering.

Chopped MM in Babylon. I think Akkad nearly fell to Yaqob due to culture. I dropped the GA in Babylon to try and save it.

Loaded up 12+ units and attacked the closest city causing Akkad grief.

Took it with a few losses mainly catapults. As my trebs arrived i moved towards Aksum and took this. (No castle yet)

I then moved to the far west city and then the tao holy city. Used some espionage points to weaken the defence and took the holy city. Took peace with 290 gold, world map and Theo. He wouldnt capitulate. Grrrr.

I squeezed the liberalism race around 1240ad and took nationalism.

Around 1290ad Alex made a dow on me. Typical for my saves near the cut off period. 6-7 horse/4-5 cats 2-3 spears. I had defenders for this but a turn later the AP declared peace. Sorry Alex not this time!!!

Currently building TM wonder. May or may not get this before AI.

Overall I think the main danger on this game is the AP.

I got a GE and a GS. Both i added to the capital. I got 2-3 Generals. 2 added to HE city one to city next to Alex stack. (prepare for the worst!!)

@Gumbolt-

We try to do Wednesday-Sunday for playing and Monday-Wednesday for voting/discussion. We came about this schedule because some players can only play on weekends so we want to make sure that most of the play time is over a weekend.

I do admit, this week I was a day late with announcing results, but only because I was hoping to get a few more votes in. I apologize for that.

If anyone is having trouble playing the rounds in the time given, we can see if we can work something else out. However, right now I sorta like having a regular weekly schedule (that seems to mostly work).

Oh--and if you are in the UK, I am pretty far away (West Coast of the US). So late Sunday for me (when I usually start voting) would be early Monday for you...

@Gumbolt-

We try to do Wednesday-Sunday for playing and Monday-Wednesday for voting/discussion. We came about this schedule because some players can only play on weekends so we want to make sure that most of the play time is over a weekend.

I do admit, this week I was a day late with announcing results, but only because I was hoping to get a few more votes in. I apologize for that.

If anyone is having trouble playing the rounds in the time given, we can see if we can work something else out. However, right now I sorta like having a regular weekly schedule (that seems to mostly work).

Oh--and if you are in the UK, I am pretty far away (West Coast of the US). So late Sunday for me (when I usually start voting) would be early Monday for you...

I am 11 turns off 1400ad. Hopefully I will be fine. :o)

Gotta dash out but here is my somewhat rushed version to 1400ad. Its probably winnable from here on in i think.

Spoiler :

Okay I have basically been at peace since i got liberalism.

I lost out on the TM to the Germans.

Still got a golden age in reserve. two cities are close to a great person. Spare GS in capital.

10 turns off steel so opportunities are there.

overall i am annoyed I waste the GE in the capital. Should of waited for the TM wonder. I did get over 500 gold from not completing it.

Alexander has just DOW on Persians so the door is open to finish off Yaqob and I have a stack assembled but castles are a pain.

I think the Germans are planning for a cultural win and Salladin AP is going to be a pain.

In terms of techs I am behind on banking but maybe just ahead in other areas. The germans have chemistry.

Still very winnable at this stage.

I am, optimistically, a monarch player, so this is unlikely to be of any use. I had some fun, though.

Spoiler :
I started off by heading for guilds, since we had a bunch of keshiks. As I got there, Zara and Alex both declared. Luckily, I now had a bunch of keshiks + knights. They were annoying, but that was about it.

After that, I headed toward military tradition (cuirassiers) -- I figured a mounted unit theme might be fun. This means I missed liberalism + the taj -- oh well. Mil trad hits in 3 turns, as does a GM in Germany's distant capital, which should allow upgrading a few knights to cuirassiers. There's a stack of 57 units (knights, mostly, with everything else, including siege, in there too) sitting on Alex's border, with spies in his closest city, for after the upgrading is done and the fun can begin. I'm fairly sure it'll be trivial to crush Alex from this position, but I'm less convinced that means winning...

Attachments

• ECM III Pnaxighn AD-1400.CivBeyondSwordSave
    224.5 KB · Views: 115
I am, optimistically, a monarch player, so this is unlikely to be of any use. I had some fun, though.

Spoiler :
I started off by heading for guilds, since we had a bunch of keshiks. As I got there, Zara and Alex both declared. Luckily, I now had a bunch of keshiks + knights. They were annoying, but that was about it.

After that, I headed toward military tradition (cuirassiers) -- I figured a mounted unit theme might be fun. This means I missed liberalism + the taj -- oh well. Mil trad hits in 3 turns, as does a GM in Germany's distant capital, which should allow upgrading a few knights to cuirassiers. There's a stack of 57 units (knights, mostly, with everything else, including siege, in there too) sitting on Alex's border, with spies in his closest city, for after the upgrading is done and the fun can begin. I'm fairly sure it'll be trivial to crush Alex from this position, but I'm less convinced that means winning...

Spoiler :

I was looking around thinking where are all your units? Then i saw your SOD. WOW!! Thats a lot of fun in that stack. The cats should get around issue of the castles. The Yaqob uu will be a pain! Those warriors can do serious harm. Would be better to have cannons.

Then again numbers will win through. On my game Alex was a bit backward so his stack was no problem. horses vs pikes?

I think if we get many more saves like this the voting for the next round will be tough.

Spoiler :
I set out to discover paper and then education, at which point I would build six universities followed by Oxford. My cunning plan began to feel a little shaky when Akkad (one of my planned universities) went into revolt. I hadn't noticed how precarious our ownership was. I realised I should have used the initial Great Artist to explode a culture bomb. Anyway, I sent lots of troops there to help stave off a second revolt (does this do any good?) and eventually got a second Great Artist to secure my hold. In the mean time, I completed the Mausoleum and built the University of Sankore. After education I researched liberalism and took the printing press as my free tech. After a small detour to gunpowder and chemistry, I then researched towards economics. In the final turn I gained a great engineer who (after a deal of thought) I used for a golden age to give me some free civic changes and help in the construction of the Taj Mahal.

I made a mistake in not using my first great artist more efectively. Even worse, I failed to exploit the Temple of Solomon - I didn't spread Judaism or build any gold multiplers in Akkad. I would expect to win from the closing position, but anyone who doesn't make these mistakes should post a better save.

RJM

Attachments

• RJM ECIII AD-1400.CivBeyondSwordSave
    224.5 KB · Views: 135
Spoiler :

I was looking around thinking where are all your units? Then i saw your SOD. WOW!! Thats a lot of fun in that stack. The cats should get around issue of the castles. The Yaqob uu will be a pain! Those warriors can do serious harm. Would be better to have cannons.

Then again numbers will win through. On my game Alex was a bit backward so his stack was no problem. horses vs pikes?

I think if we get many more saves like this the voting for the next round will be tough.

Spoiler :
My goal was to after Alex, who is backwards, to build the empire's size. I don't think any unit he has will stop cuirassiers, and there will be a lot of them once the great merchant hits. One thing I did right was focus on producing gold for upgrades -- the treasury should be nice and fat.

Hmmmmmm another impressive save. I think if we lose the game from here on in we are going to look foolish.

Spoiler :
My goal was to after Alex, who is backwards, to build the empire's size. I don't think any unit he has will stop cuirassiers, and there will be a lot of them once the great merchant hits. One thing I did right was focus on producing gold for upgrades -- the treasury should be nice and fat.

Spoiler :
I had an after thought on that. By that time I had wasted quite a few units taking down Yaqobs main cities. I didnt want to lose akkad. Attacking LB was not easy!!

I think the peaceful approach seems to have paid off for you and RJM. Oxford university does wonders for capital and science rate.

RJM will power ahead to rifles and cannons soon enough and conquer the map. With Curs and all those cats/ knights you could do the same.

Can't we prolong the playing date:cry:?

I have no chance to play tomorrow. Today - well i dropped myself to cold shower twice already and drunk half liter of green tea which leaves cofee far away. It oops spoily
Spoiler :

1180AD next turn i will take steel from liberalism. And Darius just been vasalized after treb+musket war.
Funny part i don't have Nationalism so i am doing this with non-drafted units. I hope chain vassalizing might actually work.

Goes for more tea.

Top Bottom