Director of Infrastructure

Commander of Armed Forces

Governor of Middle-Earth

Governor of Fanashire

Consul of Domestic Policy

Strider said:
The following is a list of offices that had no accepted nominations:

President
I guess before the game gets going, that the Judicary has to be the one to elect the president of the demogame ;). Now I know how the cardinals in rome felt when they had to elect a new pope ;).

Stuck_as_a_Mac said:
Is this the end of the DemoGame?
I dont think its the end of the Demogame. Since the Game is almost to the victory point. I would expected the parisipation to go up. Certanly I do not wish to see the Civ3 Demogame suffer the same fate as the Civ2 Demogame.

Perhaps a group of citizens can play the save? We all sign up for a turnchat and play the save according to instructions. This might give some people a chance to try out the presidency without being committed to having to do it twice a week.

Wouldn't the turnchat be illegal since only the president can post a turnchat thread? ;)

Nobody said:
did chieftess accept, if no one else did

Chieftess decline at the last minute.

Chieftess said:
Wouldn't the turnchat be illegal since only the president can post a turnchat thread?

The constitution would have to be amended. Even so, we have no way to get a new president. There is nothing stating what happens if the Presidential seat is vacant.

Yikes, no President! Like many others I thought CT had accepted until I saw this and went back and checked the nominations thread. It's not just the time for the chats it's the time to lead our nation and we certainly need that at the moment! We need to find some way to get a President, doing without one is not a good option and as Strider said there is nothing in the rule book about what happens in this situation. I think a previous constitution allowed the judges to appoint someone, as we do (or will) have 3 judges, perhaps we could do that here.

Furiey said:
We need to find some way to get a President, doing without one is not a good option and as Strider said there is nothing in the rule book about what happens in this situation. I think a previous constitution allowed the judges to appoint someone, as we do (or will) have 3 judges, perhaps we could do that here.
I agree, traditionaly, the judicary had the oportunity to "elect" a president if during the election there is no one running for that possition. Unfortunately, this is the first time in demogame history that we have a scenario like this one. I would strongly urge any citizen to put forward something that would help put a president in an empty seat after the elections are done.

I would recomend that the three judges would nominate and vote amongs themselves on who the president should be. Similar to the way how the cardinals in Rome elect a new pope.

Before the term is done at the end of this month, I urge all citizens to partisipate in the thread to add into the consitution on what to do.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=2875632

Nobody said:
i will take a position,
Not without a president to apoint people :p

well obviously you all have a unique situation so it calls for a unique solution. obviously there is no president, so you cant appoint people. but nothin says what to do in this situation, so make something up. or just say first person to want the position has it. its the end of the game, it really doesnt matter if it's against the the constitution. come on, this aint rocket science now.

Also we can establish who becomes president from the group of elected officals should the president be resigned, the office is vacant, or impeached.

That will help organize things too.

Well, if domination wins, then SaaM and I would be willing to be president.

Stuck_as_a_Mac said:
Yeah, lets end this game. Start the next. Heck, I nominate myself to be President if it's just domination.

RegentMan said:
I'm sure that we could get participation up if the game simply ended in three turns... Heck, I'd be president if we went for domination.

Top Bottom