Empty production on first turn (custom scenario bug help)

Woodchipdust

Chieftain
Not sure if this is the right place to ask for help, but I'm currently testing a custom Rise of Rome scenario. When I start the scenario, every city in Rome (and only Rome) has a blank production queue that says "Complete in 1 turn". I tried right-clicking on the blank queue, but it didn't pull up the Civilopedia. I can switch production without a problem, or I can wait a turn for production to automatically switch to something else, but I'd obviously like for my cities to be producing real stuff on the first turn. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• upload_2022-2-10_0-39-6.png
    upload_2022-2-10_0-39-6.png
    991.3 KB · Views: 37
Not sure if this is the right place to ask for help, but I'm currently testing a custom Rise of Rome scenario.
First of all, welcome to CFC!

Secondly, (and to answer this first question!), the Tech-Support subforum is generally intended for OS/ driver/ hardware-related problems, and is fairly dusty these days (the only reason I noticed your post is because I have my CivFanatics-account set to receive "New-post" alerts for this subforum).

The best place to ask modding-related questions is in the "Creation & Customisation" subforum. This is probably the most active CivIII subforum these days, with a long-standing group of friendly and very knowledgeable contributors — so not only are your modding questions more likely to be seen, you're also more likely get definitively helpful answers (i.e. not like mine below!) ;)

I can't remember when a 'new' (i.e. low-postcount) user becomes allowed to use CivFanatics' private-messaging system, but if you're able to PM a Moderator, you can ask them to move this thread over to the C&C subforum.

If you can't send PMs yet, you could instead "Report" your own post (the link in the lower left corner, next to the post-date), and ask for it to be moved in the "Reason for report" pop-up.
When I start the scenario, every city in Rome (and only Rome) has a blank production queue that says "Complete in 1 turn" ... *snip* ... Does anyone know why this is happening?
I think it's basically because the game executable was (originally) designed with the assumption that all towns would be founded by a Settler (or by popping a goody-hut), so the game does not 'know' what to do with towns which are already preplaced on Turn 0.

Since my preference (playing and modding) is mainly for 'epic'-type mods on random maps, where the player starts with nothing but a Settler plus 1-2 other units, I haven't investigated the Editor's options for preplaced towns in any great depth. So I don't know, when you're looking at a town in the Editor (whichever Editor you're using), if there is an option to set Turn-0 production in that town?

But if so, and if having a build-project already queued is important to your mod, I guess you would need to set one for each town (at least for the convenience of the AI-players). Though I take it from your description that the human would still have the option to change that preset build, if they wanted to, before hitting "End Turn"? (i.e. you don't force Player1 to skip the first turn — as in the WWII Pacific Conquest)

Last edited:
Woodchipdust, welcome to CFC! :band:[party]

I don´t know why you have such a strange start. May be this can be triggered when setting Rome in the players setting of the scenario properties by accident to skip the first turn (but this is only a guess).

Skip 1st turn.jpg

Top Bottom