• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

ending cinematics question

ryansebiz

Chieftain
i read on this site that ALL endings (or initial completed victory condition) give you a cinematic.

and i quote:

"Winning the game also gives you a movie (no matter how you chose to win it)."

(http://www.civfanatics.com/civ4/info/#Empires)

but does it?

i've beaten the game via the diplomatic condition and got no cinematic. i just got a box shot of my leader and smaller, surrounding shots of the other civs' leaders.

i also won on time at 2050 and no cinematic there either. not even the crappy boxes i got via the un victory.

i have seen the cinematics for domination and conquest.

does anyone know if there are, in fact, ending cinematics for the other victory conditions (ie time and diplomatic)? also does anyone know if the cultural victory has a cinematic? (still have yet to win that way yet).

thanks in advance.

No movie for the time and diplomatic victories. IMO the diplomatic one deserves one, something like a general assembly of the UN with people applauding and a zoom on your leader standing on the tribune.

Cultural and Space race victory do have a movie. I let you discover what they are by your own. :)

there's a cinematic for cultural victory.

never achieved diplomatic or time yet, they're just conditions i don't like, so no clue about them.

ShaLouZa said:
No movie for the time and diplomatic victories. IMO the diplomatic one deserves one, something like a general assembly of the UN with people applauding and a zoom on your leader standing on the tribune.

That would be awesome. Nothing says "job well done" like a nice cinematic.

ShaLouZa said:
Cultural and Space race victory do have a movie. I let you discover what they are by your own. :)

Yeah, I've seen the Space Race one, but I still haven't won on Cultural yet. Need to do that soon.

No movie for Diplo, however if you go over to the Mods fourms you will find a mod that adds a cool movie for diplo victory.

EDIT ADDED: I think the Cultural victory movie is the best of the bunch, space is real lame!

I was sooo frustrated when I won by diplomacy and I just got a ridiculous shot of the foreign advisor... :mad:

Yeah, the cultural victory movie was pretty, space movie was a bit blah. Haven't seen the domination or conquest ones yet.

Diplomatic for some reason doesn't have a victory movie. There are reasonable movies for conquest and cultural and a rather poor space race one. I'm not sure about domination, or whether that's the same movie as for conquest.

'Time victory' doesn't get a movie, but I've always felt it wasn't really a genuine win in any case, so it doesn't bother me.

Cinematics. Meh. Waste of time and resource. I wish the time they put into the Wonder movies and the cinematics had of been spent on... pretty much any other aspect of the game.

Top Bottom